Oaftobark

Wait time to book the medical?

10 posts in this topic

I called a couple of weeks ago to reschedule my medical and they had plenty of slots available a few days or a week in advance. Lots of people have to cancel (like I did initially) so there may be appointments available even sooner. 

For the interview current wait times are here, but as with the medical there may be cancellations allowing you to get a sooner appointment: 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/wait-times.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
28 minutes ago, futurecoloradogrl said:

For the interview current wait times are here, but as with the medical there may be cancellations allowing you to get a sooner appointment: 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/wait-times.html

That list is not the information for K1s. They fall into under Immigrant Visa processing for interviews.

43 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

That list is not the information for K1s. They fall into under Immigrant Visa processing for interviews.

Thanks! I didn't realise. Hopefully the wait for K1 interviews is a little shorter.

Medical appointments were plentiful back in April when I went. They had a few within a few days notice. With the medical it’s better to get it over and done with ASAP so your results can be sent to and processed by embassy in time for your interview. You should follow up a couple of days after your medical to ensure that they have sent them. 

19 hours ago, Cogitoergosum said:

Medical appointments were plentiful back in April when I went. They had a few within a few days notice. With the medical it’s better to get it over and done with ASAP so your results can be sent to and processed by embassy in time for your interview. You should follow up a couple of days after your medical to ensure that they have sent them. 

Thats good to hear.  And when you call is it easy to schedule? Do you have to pay anything over the phone?

It can take a little while on hold before you get through (about 15 mins for me). I booked mine a bit in further out by necessity but they offered me an appointment around a week from when I called. They did not ask for payment in advance on the phone.

Edited by yoda one for me

I booked mine waaay in advance, but was offered an appointment in that same week. I wasn’t given an option to pay over the phone, so guess I’ll be paying there!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I booked mine yesterday and got an app for next Wednesday! 

I-129F Sent : 2019-02-11

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:
Interview date: 
Entered the US:

Filed AOS/EAD/AP:

NOA1:

Biometrics App:
RFE:

RFE Responded:

2019-02-20

2019-05-12
2019-08-01

2019-09-08

2019-12-19

2020-01-10

2020-01-30

2020-02-13

2020-02-16

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.