Naes

How to put income and employment for temp. part-time jobs on I864

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello everyone, 

We are trying to update my husband's I864 before the interview and I have a question regarding on how to put his income.

---------------------

Short Summary of the situation:

We used a co-sponsor for K1 because my husband at that time was unemployed and visiting me most the time.

Then when we filed for AOS we used his job at that current moment and also used a co-sponsor because the income was only barely above the limit. 

No RFE we passed all the way to interview.

Husband got a new job literally right after we filed and the income was way higher, but we moved to another state for my job. so He quit his job this May.

Now, I make well above the needed limit and in a permanent position etc. which we will put as our household income, 

but I know they may not count me depending on the IO which is not a problem as we still have a co-sponsor. 

However my husband will be going to college starting in September, and he is doing 2 temporary jobs for now, one is a weekly paid small part-time job, which we can't get employment verification as this is not an annual job, and he still works freelance for his old company as a contractor this also has no annual income to show. Both are hourly paid jobs, and the hours depends on the week.

---------------------

My questions are: 

1) How do we put the income? 

2) Do we have to put his income? what if we just put my income as his is not consistent?

3) Do we have to put these jobs as employment or do we simply put student? (however school and his GI-bill won't be in affect till September so I can't get any proof for any of these)

I only need to figure out how to put his most recent employment and income. 

* We are not using his income to prove sponsorship, we have a co-sponsor. This is solely about not putting wrong information.

Use as many paystubs as you can even if you don't have 6 months worth and use them to calculate his predicted income for 2019?

I wouldnt leave question 7 blank for him because you have the opportunity not to leave it blank. It will look better even if it doesnt matter because you have a joint sponsor.

Just my thoughts....

Timeline
6 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Use as many paystubs as you can even if you don't have 6 months worth and use them to calculate his predicted income for 2019?

I wouldnt leave question 7 blank for him because you have the opportunity not to leave it blank. It will look better even if it doesnt matter because you have a joint sponsor.

Just my thoughts....

yeah we don't want to leave it blank either.

Our problem is he literally started doing these extra part time jobs 2 weeks ago. One is a contract but he doesn't have any payment yet at all and the other only sends a check which we will receive a form for taxes later end of the year. so I really have nothing to write, I can write down the stable one but I have nothing to prove it with...

Timeline

@geowrian I'm going to tag you too, cause I don't know who to tag for this form specifically but I know you also read a lot around. If you know anyone who knows more about this please lead me to them..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.