Jump to content

Police certificate for Canada

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia



I am an Australian beneficiary for the K1 visa. I am trying to work out if I need to provide a police certificate for the time I spent living in Canada. I lived in Canada for a total of 10 months on and off between 2016-2017. I never lived there for more than 5 months consecutively. 


Here is the requirement for the visa interview:



Technically speaking, my answer to 1a is YES, because I lived there on/off for 10 months. Or is it only a yes if I lived there for 6 consecutive months?

My answer to 1b is NO.

Do I have to answer yes to both 1a AND 1b to be required to provide a police certificate or do I need it if I answer yes to only one of them?


Please help?


Thank you in advance.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...