ce20

“Case ready to be scheduled for an interview” quick question

16 posts in this topic

Hi guys! I know that after you get your interview appointment notice, the EAD and AP kinda gets “canceled” since you’re about to get your GC.. (correct me if I’m wrong). How about when the status change to “ready to be scheduled for an interview”? Does it affect at all the processing time for the EAD? Or I can just keep waiting for them as normal? Also, from this point on, the ETA for GC by field office search is starting now or the date of my NOA1? Since my documents are just now being sent to my local field office.. Thank you!!

31 minutes ago, ce20 said:

Or I can just keep waiting for them as normal?

Keep waiting for them.

from this point on, the ETA for GC by field office search is starting now or the date of my NOA1? Since my documents are just now being sent to my local field office..

The date on the NOA1.

I know that after you get your interview appointment notice, the EAD and AP kinda gets “canceled” since you’re about to get your GC.. (correct me if I’m wrong).

I hope not, since my EAD/AP renewal is still pending. 7 weeks ago I had my I-485 interview. At the end of the interview I received a paper saying "USCIS is unable to complete your case at this time. Your case is being continued until a final decision can be made." I filed my EAD/AP renewal at the end of December 2018. So still within the current NBC processing time: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Edited by HRQX

2 minutes ago, HRQX said:

I hope not, since my EAD/AP renewal is still pending. 7 weeks ago I had my I-485 interview. At the end of the interview I received a paper saying "USCIS is unable to complete your case at this time. Your case is being continued until a final decision can be made." I filed my EAD/AP renewal at the end of December 2018. So still within the current NBC processing time: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Any idea of the reason for the delay in a decision?

Approval is not guaranteed after interview. EAD/AP is cancelled only AFTER the green card is approved, and it can be processed even if the interview is already scheduled.

39 minutes ago, ce20 said:

Hi guys! I know that after you get your interview appointment notice, the EAD and AP kinda gets “canceled” since you’re about to get your GC.. (correct me if I’m wrong). How about when the status change to “ready to be scheduled for an interview”? Does it affect at all the processing time for the EAD? Or I can just keep waiting for them as normal? Also, from this point on, the ETA for GC by field office search is starting now or the date of my NOA1? Since my documents are just now being sent to my local field office.. Thank you!!

OP, it would be helpful if you completed your timeline so that we could know which LFO.  Some have very long wait times for interviews (15-23 months).  My husband's status changed to "ready to be scheduled" in December I believe (AOS filed/biometrics appointment was in November 2018), and he received his combo card mid-March.  Still waiting for the interview notice.  Our LFO is one of the slowest in the country right now.

4 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

OP, it would be helpful if you completed your timeline so that we could know which LFO.  Some have very long wait times for interviews (15-23 months).  My husband's status changed to "ready to be scheduled" in December I believe (AOS filed/biometrics appointment was in November 2018), and he received his combo card mid-March.  Still waiting for the interview notice.  Our LFO is one of the slowest in the country right now.

Right! Well, I live in Chattanooga so my field office is Nashville. I wonder if they are going to move it to a less busy office since their ETA is July 2021

Just now, ce20 said:

Right! Well, I live in Chattanooga so my field office is Nashville. I wonder if they are going to move it to a less busy office since their ETA is July 2021

One can hope.  Per their recent press release, that is the overall plan.

4 hours ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Approval is not guaranteed after interview. EAD/AP is cancelled only AFTER the green card is approved, and it can be processed even if the interview is already scheduled.

Oh okay gotcha! Thank you! I’ll just keep waiting for it then.. one dayyy when the glory comes.... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

This process is so complicated my head is about to explode.  Interview is Thursday ... we'll just bring copies of everything but we have run into obstacles everywhere .. getting names added to bills, car insurance, drivers license, social security #, RFEs for nothing, unable to file 2018 taxes due ti law change on ITINs being eligible for dependent exemptions (new law) ...... just a massive pile up of problems.

Going in with marriage certificate, medical insurance coverage records, daughter's school records, family photos, bank statements and one bill that has both of our names.

A
I-129F Sent : 2017-06-25

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F RFE GENERATED

I-129F RFE sent back

I-129F RFE RCVD by USCIS
I-129F NOA2:    2018-04-11

2017-06-29

2018-02-15 

2018-02-28

2018-03-01

NVC Received Date:               2018-04-20       

NVC Case No. assigned:       2018-04-30

NVC Depart Date:                    2018-05-16

Interview Date:                        2018-07-26

Interview Result:                     APPROVED

Visa Received:                         2018-08-03

Arrival Date:                             2018-08-27

AOS filed:                                 2019-02-28

Biometric Appt:                       2019-03-27

AOS Interview:                        2019-08-06

Result: Approved

Green Card Received             2019-08-21

14 minutes ago, Jabberwocky1969 said:

Going in with marriage certificate, medical insurance coverage records, daughter's school records, family photos, bank statements and one bill that has both of our names.

IMO, that is good evidence. That is why Removal of Conditions process exists.

Edited by HRQX

Timeline

Bonus: Just remembered the cell phone bill .. shows names, phone numbers and cell phone companies check IDs for sure.

A

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F RFE GENERATED

I-129F RFE sent back

I-129F RFE RCVD by USCIS

2017-06-29

2018-02-15 

2018-02-28

2018-03-01

Timeline

Not sure how the hell people are filing taxes in 2018 in our situation: from the IRS:  After tax year 2017 ... no way Jose .. gotta wait on USCIS

NO ITIN excemption.JPG

A

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F RFE GENERATED

I-129F RFE sent back

I-129F RFE RCVD by USCIS

2017-06-29

2018-02-15 

2018-02-28

2018-03-01

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.