AI135

N-400 July 2019 Filers!!! Join here!!!

1,242 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

My wife semi-impulsively filed her application for citizenship this afternoon. It was inspired for her wish to visit Europe and Israel w/out needing a tourist visa... 

Estimated processing time 14.5-17 months. Yikes. 

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Hi everyone - my I-751 status changed yesterday to "new card is being produced". I was about to file N400 online today. I filled out the whole forms and uploaded all the supporting docs.
1. But one question was to upload Green card images. Is this an issue to upload the expired green card ? or should I wait for the 10 years GC to come?
2. 3 years bank statements- Did you upload statement for each month or 2 statements per year?
2. Also, I have an international travel plan in NOV. I want to see what the interview timeline for New York City office will be. 
Thank you everyone for your support. 

I-751 Process:

VSC received Petition: June 18, 2018
NOA Date: June 20, 2018
Biometrics Date: July 26, 2018
Approval Date: July 12, 2019
Card received Date: July 20, 2019

N-400 Process:
N400 filed online: July 20, 2019
Biometrics Date: August 12, 2019
Interview Date: October 6, 2020
Approval Date: October 9, 2020
Oath Ceremony scheduled notice: October 14, 2020
Oath Ceremony Date: November 24, 2020

23 hours ago, FGr said:

I saw on the spreadsheet that we have the same field office. My case completion time went from June to May 2020, so it’ll probably be the same for you. Good luck!

Hello! 

Yes Saturday morning I received the notification that biometrics was scheduled (still no letter on doc tab so I don’t know when it will be) time went from 11 to 10 months to May 2020!  

Good of luck to you as well 😊 

AOS:

Sent AOS Package: Feb 2014

Received Green Card: September 2014

ROC:

Sent ROC Package: Sep 2016

Approved: Feb 2018 

N400:

Filed: 7/9/19 online

Bios: 7/29/19

Interview: 12/10/19

Oath: 01/07/2020

July 2019  N400 spread sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19rv0w-Ls_-225a0AqzhsTObXb2DcT07oACpdIHhn9dE/edit

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I applied for US citizenship on July 1st 2019 on July 5th I got the notice of action letter and biometrics appointment July 22nd 2019 In Greer SC. It is moving VERY fast. Better late than never.Estimated case completion time Feb 2020.Maybe sooner. Can't wait! I am very excited and nervous at the same time. Biting fingernails....

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
12 hours ago, Gijo12 said:

Hi everyone - my I-751 status changed yesterday to "new card is being produced". I was about to file N400 online today. I filled out the whole forms and uploaded all the supporting docs.
1. But one question was to upload Green card images. Is this an issue to upload the expired green card ? or should I wait for the 10 years GC to come?
2. 3 years bank statements- Did you upload statement for each month or 2 statements per year?
2. Also, I have an international travel plan in NOV. I want to see what the interview timeline for New York City office will be. 

Wait for the new card

Timeline
1 hour ago, blushbaby said:

I applied for US citizenship on July 1st 2019 on July 5th I got the notice of action letter and biometrics appointment July 22nd 2019 In Greer SC. It is moving VERY fast. Better late than never.Estimated case completion time Feb 2020.Maybe sooner. Can't wait! I am very excited and nervous at the same time. Biting fingernails....

Dont be surprise if u get ur interview date right after u do ur biometric.Its a super fast office.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
12 hours ago, Gijo12 said:

Hey congratulations on your approval!

1) I’d wait for the card to arrive. Actually that’s what i did before filing my N-400

2) i dont think it is necessary to upload statements for all 3 years. YTD should do. Maybe some from 2018. Don’t forget to upload your Tax Returns for the past 3 years at least. Good luck and welcome to the group!

@blushbaby welcome to the group! I’m sure that your estimate will change (shorten) after you are done with your biometrics. Happened to almost all of us here. Mine shifted from July 2020 to May 2020 and now it says February 2020

ROC Timeline:

Package sent - 02/06/18

NOA1 Received by USCIS - 02/09/18

NOA2 Biometrics Scheduled - 03/10/18

Biometrics Done - 03/30/18

Fingerprint Review completed - 04/02/18

Case Transferred from VSC to TSC - 02/13/19

RFE was received- 04/22/19

RFE response sent - 05/09/19

New Card is Being Produced - 06/03/19

10-year Green Card Received - 06/07/19 :dance:

N-400 Timeline:

Applied online - 07/01/19 

Receipt notice - 07/02/19

Biometrics notice online - 07/05/19

Biometrics - Scheduled for 07/23/19

Biometrics Done (Walk-in) - 07/09/19

July 2019 N-400 spread sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19rv0w-Ls_-225a0AqzhsTObXb2DcT07oACpdIHhn9dE/edit

Timeline
1 hour ago, jamrep said:

Dont be surprise if u get ur interview date right after u do ur biometric.Its a super fast office.

right after? the actual citizenship interview? I am so air headed lol how this process works, timeline ? I need to read more lol 

Timeline
1 hour ago, AI135 said:

Hey congratulations on your approval!

1) I’d wait for the card to arrive. Actually that’s what i did before filing my N-400

2) i dont think it is necessary to upload statements for all 3 years. YTD should do. Maybe some from 2018. Don’t forget to upload your Tax Returns for the past 3 years at least. Good luck and welcome to the group!

@blushbaby welcome to the group! I’m sure that your estimate will change (shorten) after you are done with your biometrics. Happened to almost all of us here. Mine shifted from July 2020 to May 2020 and now it says February 2020

Thank you. I need too start studying -refresh it I meant. It seems like they are processing super fast. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, blushbaby said:

right after? the actual citizenship interview? I am so air headed lol how this process works, timeline ? I need to read more lol 

There is someone in the march filer who had their interview in april from that field office.

Just now, jamrep said:

There is someone in the march filer who had their interview in april from that field office.

Right after biometric

So do I need to be worried that I still can’t find my completion estimate date? Lol. I filed 07/12 late at night. In my current address, I believe my Field Office is Minneapolis MN. I heard they are not the most efficient office. 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, jamrep said:

Right after biometric

I'll better start studying. I did before but need to refresh. That is  super fast. In that particular office (Greer)  you don't even feel you are dealing with immigration, they are soooo sooo  nice, last time I was there, they even invited me some coffee and dunkin donuts lol  now the Charlotte office is another story.It's been so long since I got my green card I forgot the whole process, always procrastinating and leaving everything for the last minute ( Got my green card 2002- IR6 visa) but applied in 1997 long long time ago lol no more procrastination 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, erikavsw said:

So do I need to be worried that I still can’t find my completion estimate date? Lol. I filed 07/12 late at night. In my current address, I believe my Field Office is Minneapolis MN. I heard they are not the most efficient office. 

It takes 48 hrs to update the system, mine took 3 days, you should get a letter on the  regular mail as well.

2 minutes ago, blushbaby said:

It takes 48 hrs to update the system, mine took 3 days, you should get a letter on the  regular mail as well.

Thanks for the assurance! And good luck with your process. Hopefully it goes by pretty quick. ❤️

Hello everyone, I'm Vincent -- Joining this thread here.   

I (USC) participate on the VJ forums on behalf of my wife, Daisy (LPR), whom was able to complete the N-400 application online today.  As her application is under the basis of marriage (via K-1 > I-485 > I-751), she actually became eligible Oct 2018 (90 days in advance of here 3 year PR anniversary).  So a bit late to the game here as we were working through and are still enduring the delays in processing as I-751 filed Oct 2017 which is still Pending (Filed 10/30/2017, WAC18030xxxxx at CSC, No transfer, Biometics completed, RFE responded, outside of processing time 21 months and counting).

Anxiously awaiting the details on the website after the potential 48 hour window to accept our submitted form and get official receipt date and estimate details -- also in order to update the Google Sheet.

Anyways, glad to meet everyone and happy to go on this N-400 journey together.

D&V Chu

K-1 Journey:
D (Hong Kong applicant) & V (US Citizen Petitioner) @ Seattle
***Commenced K-1 Fiance Visa Process on 11/28/14 and Completed K-1 Fiance Visa Process on 04/02/2015 - Timespan for K-1 Visa = 125 days (4 months)

***Commenced Adjustment of Status (AOS) Process on 06/09/2015 and Completed Adjustment of Status (AOS) Process on 02/03/2016 - Timespan for I-551 = 240 days (8 months)

***Commenced Removal of Conditions (ROC) Process on 10/25/2017 and Completed Removal of Conditions (ROC) Process on 10/23/2019 - Timespan for ROC and 10-year Green Card = 728 days

***Commenced Naturalization N-400 Process on 07/14/2019

2019 Jul 14 - N-400: D submited N-400 application, paid filing fee on USCIS Online Filing website.  IOE Receipt number issued.

2019 Jul 29 - N-400: D received official I-797C, Notice of Action for Biometrics appointment via mail - 15 days

2019 Aug 08 - N-400: D completes Biometrics Appointment at USCIS ASC Seattle (Tukwila, WA) - 10 days

2020 Dec 14 - N-400: D received official I-797C, Notice of Action for Interview Appointment on 01/05/2021 - 4 days

2020 Jan 01 - N-400: Processing time during COVID-19 Pandemic ~16 months

2021 Jan 05 - N-400: D attended N-400 Naturalization Interview at USCIS Seattle Field Office (Tukwila, WA) - 20 days

2021 Jan 05 - N-400: D passed interview/test, was recommended for Approval and scheduled for same day Oath Ceremony.

***Completed Naturalization N-400 Process on 01/05/2021 - Timespan for US Citizenship = 415 days

N-400 July / August 2019 Filers

N-400 Seattle Tracker

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.