Pompeys

Update on CEAC and form 221(g) turns to medicals

16 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello everyone on Vj I greet u all. My wife attended interview with 9Months pregnant in January 10. She was given form 221g to submit her PASSPORT n incoming babys PASSPORT to DHL. She sent the documents to DHL on March 25. After several emails, calls  and enquiries to the embassy, we received emails on june 24 saying we should submit medicals, ds260& fingerprint and visa fee. I'm confuse because she already done everything before the interview and the ceac website stills shows ready for interview till date. I dont know whether the above process were referred to the baby. Any comment is appreciated thanks everyone.

Screenshot_2019-06-29-12-02-14.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

What is the baby's citizenship?   

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

If she needs to submit a passport for the baby to get the visa, then yes the baby will also need a DS260 and medical. Not sure about fingerprints because under 14 they do not collect fingerprints. But if she did her interview in January and it is now end of June, she likely needs to redo her own medical too as it will probably be more than 6 months old (or else she will get an extremely short visa expiry as it is 6 months from medical date). Can she not confirm at the embassy to clarify?

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Whatever it is it won’t be US, sponsoring spouse is LPR.

Oh...Thanks.....didn't see that..😀....agree that the baby needs those things listed...

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
16 hours ago, Pompeys said:

Hello everyone on Vj I greet u all. My wife attended interview with 9Months pregnant in January 10. She was given form 221g to submit her PASSPORT n incoming babys PASSPORT to DHL. She sent the documents to DHL on March 25. After several emails, calls  and enquiries to the embassy, we received emails on june 24 saying we should submit medicals, ds260& fingerprint and visa fee. I'm confuse because she already done everything before the interview and the ceac website stills shows ready for interview till date. I dont know whether the above process were referred to the baby. Any comment is appreciated thanks everyone.

Screenshot_2019-06-29-12-02-14.png

Hi Pompey,

You have to fill out a DS 260 form for baby on the ustraveldocs website, pay baby's visa fee, new medicals for your wife and first medicals for baby, they should summit medicals through DHL and book a follow-up 221G appointment on the ustraveldocs website for the fingerprint (check to see if there are openings right now and book an appointment fast because it takes time to get a date).

Make sure you guys get everything right to avoid delays. Good luck

Timeline

Hello theDjans, is the fingerprint for my wife or the baby? Also can I fill the Ds260 without both passport with me because the passports are already in the embassy. Thanks so much

Edited by Pompeys

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
3 hours ago, Pompeys said:

Hello theDjans, is the fingerprint for my wife or the baby? Also can I fill the Ds260 without both passport with me because the passports are already in the embassy. Thanks so much

Tou can fill ds 260 without both passports in your hands but you need passport infos such as passport numbers,delivery and expiration dates.

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Please ask your wife to request for the passports from the embassy cos' they'll need it for the medicals. She should go to the embassy in person to request for them at the info desk. They'll give them to her. She should ask them if she can return the passports together with the medicals.

Timeline

@TheDjans she can only get in the embassy with appointment.she will try to go to the same hospital she had her first medicals I'm sure they will still have her information there.thanks so much. My only worried now is how to get the fingerprint cuz the baby is only 4months now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.