2 posts in this topic

Hi

I'm looking at the IR-5 timeline and was wondering what NOA1 and NOA2 means. Someone posted this link of acronyms at https://www.visajourney.com/content/definition/ but the page seems to be down. This is my understanding of the process so far -- can someone let me know if this looks right?

Month 0: Submit I-130
Month 1: NOA1 (Receipt of I-130)
Month 8: NOA2 (Approval of I-130 and application sent to NVC)
Month 14: Interview

Month 15: Get IR-5 stamp on passport

9 hours ago, calberry said:

Hi

I'm looking at the IR-5 timeline and was wondering what NOA1 and NOA2 means. Someone posted this link of acronyms at https://www.visajourney.com/content/definition/ but the page seems to be down. This is my understanding of the process so far -- can someone let me know if this looks right?

Month 0: Submit I-130
Month 1: NOA1 (Receipt of I-130)
Month 8: NOA2 (Approval of I-130 and application sent to NVC)
Month 14: Interview

Month 15: Get IR-5 stamp on passport

Yes, you got the NOA (Notice of Action) right. 

Some notes: The NOA2 could be anywhere from 8-14 months, depends on the service center. Once approved, the I-130 will be transferred to the NVC. It'll take NVC 4-8 weeks to input the case and have a case number. Once you have a case number, things go fast or slow kinda depend on you. First you have to pay fill in 1 form and pay 1 fee, then wait a few days, then pay another fee, then wait a few days then fill in another form. What you can do to speed it up is read about all the documents required and have them ready at your disposal so when it gets to the points where you can send the documents, you don't have to wait. If you are well prepared, you can minimize the time the petition sits at NVC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.