Dee & Shee

Police Clearance Certificate debocle

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello All, I am the fiancé of a wonderful Filipina princess (to me). We have been going through the long arduous process of obtaining a K1 visa for her.

We have had many pitfalls, including a know spot on her lung that triggered the two month culture exam. Well, we finally got past that but in the meantime we have been waiting 45 days (to date) for a PCC to be returned from Lebanon. Someone on the site referred a lebanese attorney that would speed up the process. Well, $800 and 65 days later, we are still waiting on the PCC.

It's been in the mail for 45 days alone. The tracking says it's in rout to be delivered, but that been two weeks. Of course the main post office in Manila was no help, nor was the post office my fiancé's city. My question is; The attorney sent us a copy of the PCC via email. Does the PCC that we take to the interview have to be an original copy, or will a printed copy be okay?

Secondly, When she finished everything at St Lukes and got her immunizations, They only gave her a disk. No sealed folder to take to the interview. What does this mean?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Dee & Shee.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Dee & Shee said:

Hello All, I am the fiancé of a wonderful Filipina princess (to me). We have been going through the long arduous process of obtaining a K1 visa for her.

We have had many pitfalls, including a know spot on her lung that triggered the two month culture exam. Well, we finally got past that but in the meantime we have been waiting 45 days (to date) for a PCC to be returned from Lebanon. Someone on the site referred a lebanese attorney that would speed up the process. Well, $800 and 65 days later, we are still waiting on the PCC.

It's been in the mail for 45 days alone. The tracking says it's in rout to be delivered, but that been two weeks. Of course the main post office in Manila was no help, nor was the post office my fiancé's city. My question is; The attorney sent us a copy of the PCC via email. Does the PCC that we take to the interview have to be an original copy, or will a printed copy be okay?

Secondly, When she finished everything at St Lukes and got her immunizations, They only gave her a disk. No sealed folder to take to the interview. What does this mean?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Dee & Shee.

It means SLEC sent the medical results directly to the embassy.  This  is the standard procedure for individuals going through the sputum process 

Fyi, the visa expiration will be based on the date of the first day of the medical.   You have six months from that day.   Clock is ticking 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

I am currently waiting for my PCC from Lebanon. I applied through the London Embassy and they said it can take up to 3-4 months. Did you apply in Lebanon directly through a Lebanese lawyer? Hopefully you get it soon! I also need a PCC from Iraq from my old job... I'm stressed about that one!

Concurrent filing(I-130/I-485) packet sent via UPS - 08/04/2020

Packet received at USCIS - 08/07/2020

Checks cashed - 08/22/2020

NOA1s dated - 08/25/2020

NOA1s received - 08/31/2020

I-693 Deficiency Notice received - 09/21/2020

RFE for I-944 received - 11/17/2020

I-944 response to RFE delivered to USCIS - 11/24/2020

Biometrics - 12/22/2020

Status for I-485 changed to 'ready to schedule interview' - 12/31/2020

Status for I-485 changed to 'Interview was scheduled' - 01/05/2021

AOS Interview - 02/03/2021

AOS status changed to 'New Card Is Being Produced' - 02/03/2021

Reviewed I-130 and I-485 approval letters - 02/07/2021

Greencard received - 02/11/2021

I-751 mailed to Phoenix PO Box via USPS - 11/7/2022

I-751 received at USCIS - 11/8/2022

Text notification received - 11/10/2022 (SRCXXXXXXX)

Check cashed - 11/15/2022

Received extension letter - 11/19/2022

Timeline
1 hour ago, payxibka said:

It means SLEC sent the medical results directly to the embassy.  This  is the standard procedure for individuals going through the sputum process 

Fyi, the visa expiration will be based on the date of the first day of the medical.   You have six months from that day.   Clock is ticking 

Awesome news! Yes, we are looking to close everything out with our July 18th interview. 

Thank you.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Dee & Shee said:

Awesome news! Yes, we are looking to close everything out with our July 18th interview. 

Thank you.

When was the first day she went to SLEC?

YMMV

Timeline
52 minutes ago, lgb2015 said:

I am currently waiting for my PCC from Lebanon. I applied through the London Embassy and they said it can take up to 3-4 months. Did you apply in Lebanon directly through a Lebanese lawyer? Hopefully you get it soon! I also need a PCC from Iraq from my old job... I'm stressed about that one!

We applied directly through the lawyer. She advertised that she could get the PCC done in 7 days, but it actually took her three weeks. Then she sent it to us via registered mail and we are still waiting, months later. Make sure to use DHL to get it back. Registered mail is horrible. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, payxibka said:

When was the first day she went to SLEC?

April 22nd.

I understand that a certified copy isn't needed, but can I use the copy that was sent us via email, from the attorney?

It has all the stamps on it.

Timeline
Just now, Dee & Shee said:

April 22nd.

I understand that a certified copy isn't needed, but can I use the copy that was sent us via email, from the attorney?

It has all the stamps on it.

When issued her visa will expire on October 22.

Yes, you should be just fine with the copy from the attorney 

YMMV

Timeline
3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

When issued her visa will expire on October 22.

Yes, you should be just fine with the copy from the attorney 

Awesome! Thank you....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.