PurelyRavage

Successful CRBA Processing

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone I thought I'd post this for anyone interested. This was done in Canada. 

My son was born May 16, 2019. We had an appointment at the consular in Toronto, Ontario for June 6. The building was right downtown so it was easy to find. All the documents we had included confirmation of his appointment, his long form birth certificate, a passport photo, both mine and my fiances passports, as well as W2s for 4 years (supposed to have 5 but I couldn't find 2017) as well as his Highschool GED and utilities (which they only took the W2s) as well as forms DS-2029 and DS-11 for his passport. (We aren't married and no divorces). At the entrance they asked for confirmation of appointment. Then went upstairs after being checked and waited. Went to the desk and they took all original copies and made my fiance sign affadavit of support. We then paid the feeds for CRBA and Passport (came to $215 USD). Then waited for our interview. When we went up we swore oath that our statements were true. Asked us how we met, where we live. They said we only had 4 years of evidence of citizenship but it was no problem and said we'll have his forms in 2 weeks which we did receive them in that time frame. Took a total of roughly an hour and a half to 2 hours just waiting for the interview took the longest. Overall was not a difficult process! 

Edited by PurelyRavage

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2019 at 10:28 AM, PurelyRavage said:

Hi everyone I thought I'd post this for anyone interested. This was done in Canada. 

My son was born May 16, 2019. We had an appointment at the consular in Toronto, Ontario for June 6. The building was right downtown so it was easy to find. All the documents we had included confirmation of his appointment, his long form birth certificate, a passport photo, both mine and my fiances passports, as well as W2s for 4 years (supposed to have 5 but I couldn't find 2017) as well as his Highschool GED and utilities (which they only took the W2s) as well as forms DS-2029 and DS-11 for his passport. (We aren't married and no divorces). At the entrance they asked for confirmation of appointment. Then went upstairs after being checked and waited. Went to the desk and they took all original copies and made my fiance sign affadavit of support. We then paid the feeds for CRBA and Passport (came to $215 USD). Then waited for our interview. When we went up we swore oath that our statements were true. Asked us how we met, where we live. They said we only had 4 years of evidence of citizenship but it was no problem and said we'll have his forms in 2 weeks which we did receive them in that time frame. Took a total of roughly an hour and a half to 2 hours just waiting for the interview took the longest. Overall was not a difficult process! 

Wow nice, congratz! Sorry no one replied to you before, so many views and no reply? Geez rude people huh.

Married: 9/27/2017

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Gugug4 said:

Hi. Thank you for informative post. Just checking how long ut took for passport to be issued after the interview.

2 weeks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
21 hours ago, PurelyRavage said:

2 weeks

Thank you for responding. Interview for my daughter is coming up soon so I'm a bit nervous. Do you mind sharing some of the questions they ask during interview? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.