wisedog

Mumbai Consulate - Any recent "IR" interviews/interview scheduled?

435 posts in this topic

Timeline
5 minutes ago, GCparnts said:

One question...Have any of you scheduled the medical and biometrics already ? I read that we could get it done before the IL comes in. 

No, I haven't. I didn't know we could do that without IL.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline
13 minutes ago, GCparnts said:

One question...Have any of you scheduled the medical and biometrics already ? I read that we could get it done before the IL comes in. 

Nope. I have not either. And concur with @ram_shan; I don’t think it can be done (at least not in India) w/o an IL

Timeline
3 minutes ago, GCparnts said:

I saw some other threads where they mentioned that they scheduled the medical with the DS-260. Could be for a visa applicant though..

When I called up ustraveldocs to enquire about the wait time, they told me that unless an interview is scheduled by NVC the case will not be visible in their scheduling system.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
8 minutes ago, RipNivi said:

I was looking at the appointment schedule for immigrant visas at Mumbai and this is what I found. I am not sure if this is correct, but it looks they have a lot of slots available.

1.png

Is this for immigration visa? 

2 hours ago, RipNivi said:

Yes, specifically IR-1/CR-1.

If you login again those dates will change. Those are usually for the biometrics appointment before your interview. The Mumbai embassy didn’t give a lot of July dates as it appears that they held on to some for makeup dates for the monsoon weather. Just on 7.2 they announced  that if those with interviews can’t make it then they should just come in on the 12th of July with the their interview letters. NVC says we schedule according to embassy. Embassy will say we are waiting on the NVC. It’s a classic he said, she said on both sides.nothing you can do but wait patiently. I called the NVC myself yesterday again and they said the same generic thing. They are scheduling August now and will for the next couple days. When I asked about Mumbai she said she doesn’t have embassy specific information.  

18 minutes ago, DDP&JDP said:

If you login again those dates will change. Those are usually for the biometrics appointment before your interview. The Mumbai embassy didn’t give a lot of July dates as it appears that they held on to some for makeup dates for the monsoon weather. Just on 7.2 they announced  that if those with interviews can’t make it then they should just come in on the 12th of July with the their interview letters. NVC says we schedule according to embassy. Embassy will say we are waiting on the NVC. It’s a classic he said, she said on both sides.nothing you can do but wait patiently. I called the NVC myself yesterday again and they said the same generic thing. They are scheduling August now and will for the next couple days. When I asked about Mumbai she said she doesn’t have embassy specific information.  

Yes, exactly!

From what we have understood after talking to USTravelDocs and NVC is that it is a two-step process. First, the NVC requests interview dates in batches based on CC dates and then the Consulate sends back a list of available slots (they are usually pretty quick). Shortly after, NVC sends the Consulate the entire case packet so that the consulate can have it in their system before the date NVC scheduled the interview. While in case of an expedite, the packet is immediately forwarded to the consulate and the applicant can schedule their interview right away.  So when NVC will decide it is the right time to request an interview date, only then we will get an interview date at the consulate. 

It is so frustrating that we have to wait unnecessarily for our interview dates when we can easily schedule them ourselves!

Timeline
7 hours ago, DDP&JDP said:

All FB categories have advanced in August Visa bulletin. Mumbai might prioritize FB applicants for the second month in a row.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.