Hahz

AP for 9 months

16 posts in this topic

Hello. I am an American citizen. My husbands interview was last August. He was put under AP. The embassy asked him to redo the medical police check and send his passport. That was a month ago. They still haven’t sent anything and the ceac website is updated with today’s date AP. I don’t get this. Super frustrating. Any help or ideas? 

You just have to wait. Nothing cant really be done. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

I would call them and politely ask them the reason. I did that before and it clarified their explanation. 

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

37 minutes ago, Hahz said:

I have emailed them many times. No responses. Their immigrant visa section doesn’t have a number and they don’t take calls 

Well that is a bummer :(

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

5 minutes ago, coa24 said:

Well that is a bummer :(

Yeah my anxiety is on high right now. I don’t know what to do. And he redid the medical exam lol. Almost two months now. Why would they ask for it again if they were going to sideline it?? 

Also so does the visa expire with medical exam? 

Wonder if the medical guidelines are being followed properly by the medical facility? Seems odd to make a medical do over without a just cause. If the visa is not issue, it won't expire (visa that is). Though he has one year to comply with interview I think. But not sure how that applies to medical. Medical expires in 6 months. Would have to renew after 6 months.

16 minutes ago, coa24 said:

Wonder if the medical guidelines are being followed properly by the medical facility? Seems odd to make a medical do over without a just cause. If the visa is not issue, it won't expire (visa that is). Though he has one year to comply with interview I think. But not sure how that applies to medical. Medical expires in 6 months. Would have to renew after 6 months.

He had his interview last August. Was put in AP since then. In May they asked to redo medical police and send in passport. So it’s just confusing. The guidelines are followed it’s a facility that one does the medical as said by embassy. 

Perhaps someone knows better than me, but I don't think the visa would be affected because it has yet to be issued. Could be wrong of course. The Medical do over and police record do over seems to be due to time. The medical would have expired already and perhaps the police report was too old. But AP for 10 months is just crazy. Never heard of that.

6 minutes ago, coa24 said:

Perhaps someone knows better than me, but I don't think the visa would be affected because it has yet to be issued. Could be wrong of course. The Medical do over and police record do over seems to be due to time. The medical would have expired already and perhaps the police report was too old. But AP for 10 months is just crazy. Never heard of that.

Yeah I’m super frustrated. We haven’t gotten the visa. They just asked for that stuff to be redone and his passport. So I don’t get it. It’s totally unfair. Ten months is a lot. 

27 minutes ago, Russ&MaryAnn said:

Asking for the passport seems like they’re going to finally issue the visa. I’m guessing and hoping for you guys 

Thanks it’s just really upsetting. The medical and police check aren’t exactly the easiest things to do here. So I don’t get why they would ask for it if it was still in AP. That’s why I’m so frustrated. Plus they are totally ignoring me 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.