Jump to content
asifiq

i-864 with zero income and household member does not want to take liability

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

My sister filed I-130 and now I am filling online forms DS-260. I need to provide affidavit of support.
My sister is primary sponsor and I am using a joint sponsor.
My sister has zero income for years. She files income tax return jointly with her husband.
Her husband has good income but does not want to take liability of sponsoring me and my family (total 4 members migrating).
My joint sponsor is ready with i-864 and IRS Tax Transcript.
Questions:

1) In i-864, item 7 of part 5, will she write $0 for her current individual annual income? 

2) Part 8 to 19 of part 6. Since her husband does not want to take liability, Can these cells be kept blank?

3) Item 20 of part 6. In this case what will be her total household Income?

4) Her Tax Transcript will be submitted along with i-864. Is there any mismatch for her $0 income and not using household income for the sponsor?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, asifiq said:

Hi all,

My sister filed I-130 and now I am filling online forms DS-260. I need to provide affidavit of support.
My sister is primary sponsor and I am using a joint sponsor.
My sister has zero income for years. She files income tax return jointly with her husband.
Her husband has good income but does not want to take liability of sponsoring me and my family (total 4 members migrating).
My joint sponsor is ready with i-864 and IRS Tax Transcript.
Questions:

1) In i-864, item 7 of part 5, will she write $0 for her current individual annual income? 

You mean of Part 6? Yes, 0.

 

13 hours ago, asifiq said:

2) Part 8 to 19 of part 6. Since her husband does not want to take liability, Can these cells be kept blank?

Yes.

 

13 hours ago, asifiq said:

3) Item 20 of part 6. In this case what will be her total household Income?

Simple mathematics, just add the values from the specified boxes. It will be 0.

 

13 hours ago, asifiq said:

4) Her Tax Transcript will be submitted along with i-864. Is there any mismatch for her $0 income and not using household income for the sponsor?

 

Doesn’t matter, her current annual income of 0 will supersede any tax transcript issues.

 

 


Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

.

.

.

.

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...