Jump to content
PackersFan123

What is typically written in case transfer notice?

11 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I received a case transfer notice to MSC recently. Notice states clearly that tranfer was made to schedule an interview. Is this written in all case transfer notices? 

 

What do they typically write the reason of transfer in the notice?

 

Here is my timeline:

 

Applied 2/2018 ROC in CSC

Received RFE 3/2019

Submitted evidence 5/16/2019

Received notice of transferring case to Missouri National Benefit centre at 5/29/2019

Notice says transferring case is to conduct an interview.

Edited by PackersFan123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, PackersFan123 said:

I received a case transfer notice to MSC recently. Notice states clearly that tranfer was made to schedule an interview. Is this written in all case transfer notices? 

 

What do they typically write the reason of transfer in the notice?

 

Here is my timeline:

 

Applied 2/2018 ROC in CSC

Received RFE 3/2019

Submitted evidence 5/16/2019

Received notice of transferring case to Missouri National Benefit centre at 5/29/2019

Notice says transferring case is to conduct an interview.

If an ROC case is transferred to NBC (MSC) then yes, it will say that it was transferred there for an interview. NBC is the service center that prepares cases for interviews, so that would be the reason for ROC cases being transferred there. 

 

You had an RFE and whatever you sent clearly wasn't enough for the CA service center to make a decision, so now you will have an interview.

 

If it was transferred to another Service center (other than NBC), it could be to "even out the workload" etc.

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016 (260 days)

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017 (108 days)

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017 (132 days)

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017 (217 days)

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020 (365 days)

 

Naturalization (Los Angeles County Field Office):

04-19-2020 - Earliest filing date

05-01-2020 - N-400 filed online

05-01-2020 - Received date

05-04-2020 - NOA1 online

05-08-2020 - NOA1 hardcopy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PackersFan123 said:

I received a case transfer notice to MSC recently. Notice states clearly that tranfer was made to schedule an interview. Is this written in all case transfer notices? 

 

What do they typically write the reason of transfer in the notice?

 

Here is my timeline:

 

Applied 2/2018 ROC in CSC

Received RFE 3/2019

Submitted evidence 5/16/2019

Received notice of transferring case to Missouri National Benefit centre at 5/29/2019

Notice says transferring case is to conduct an interview.

Welcome to MSC....Please feel free to add your information to our MSC tracking spreadsheet. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0


"What I am to be, I am now becoming" - Ben Franklin         

 

      :idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

 

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scandi,

Thanks for the response.

 

Missleman,

Thats solid professional and organised effort! I will  definitely add my info. I , however, notice that most cases in that spreadsheet are freshly applied. It seem like I am the only one who was transferred to MSC after RFE from another service center.

 

 

Edited by PackersFan123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, PackersFan123 said:

Scandi,

Thanks for the response.

 

Missleman,

Thats solid professional and organised effort! I will  definitely add my info. I , however, notice that most cases in that spreadsheet are freshly applied. It seem like I am the only one who was transferred to MSC after RFE in another service center.

 

 

I think one or two others were also transfers.  But you are correct that most of them were initially assigned to MSC.  To my knowledge, there just isn't any reliable info about processing times at MSC, thus we hope the spreadsheet will, over time, yield some useful data......Thanks for adding to the knowledge base....


"What I am to be, I am now becoming" - Ben Franklin         

 

      :idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

 

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, missileman said:

I think one or two others were also transfers.  But you are correct that most of them were initially assigned to MSC.  To my knowledge, there just isn't any reliable info about processing times at MSC, thus we hope the spreadsheet will, over time, yield some useful data......Thanks for adding to the knowledge base....

NBC doesn't really process any ROC cases, they just prepare them for interviews (because of the this, most NBC cases will receive RFEs or the "ready to be scheduled for an interview" status early on). So processing times for NBC doesn't even exist, that's also why you won't find any such info on USCIS website. It's all about the different field offices. NBC only holds on to the cases until the field offices are ready to take them on. If you're with a fast field office, then your case will soon be sent there and you will have your interview. If it's a slow office, you could wait for 1-2 years unfortunately.


K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016 (260 days)

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017 (108 days)

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017 (132 days)

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017 (217 days)

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020 (365 days)

 

Naturalization (Los Angeles County Field Office):

04-19-2020 - Earliest filing date

05-01-2020 - N-400 filed online

05-01-2020 - Received date

05-04-2020 - NOA1 online

05-08-2020 - NOA1 hardcopy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Scandi said:

NBC doesn't really process any ROC cases, they just prepare them for interviews (because of the this, most NBC cases will receive RFEs or the "ready to be scheduled for an interview" status early on). So processing times for NBC doesn't even exist, that's also why you won't find any such info on USCIS website. It's all about the different field offices. NBC only holds on to the cases until the field offices are ready to take them on. If you're with a fast field office, then your case will soon be sent there and you will have your interview. If it's a slow office, you could wait for 1-2 years unfortunately.

OK.  Thanks.


"What I am to be, I am now becoming" - Ben Franklin         

 

      :idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

 

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, 123Alexch said:

where do you guys find out that NBC is the place that prepares interviews?

 

does that mean other field offices dont?ie lin or Vermont offices...

"The NBC’s primary mission is to prepare applications for adjudication that require an interview at a USCIS Field Office."

 

and.. 

 

"Processing times of the Form I-485 and Form N-400 applications are determined by each Field Office, not the NBC, since final adjudication is not conducted at the NBC.  " (same for i-751 nowadays, processing times for those who end up at NBC is depending on their local field office, not NBC).

 

https://www.uscis.gov/archive/blog/2012/06/national-benefits-center-what-it-is-and


K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016 (260 days)

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017 (108 days)

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017 (132 days)

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017 (217 days)

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020 (365 days)

 

Naturalization (Los Angeles County Field Office):

04-19-2020 - Earliest filing date

05-01-2020 - N-400 filed online

05-01-2020 - Received date

05-04-2020 - NOA1 online

05-08-2020 - NOA1 hardcopy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Scandi said:

"The NBC’s primary mission is to prepare applications for adjudication that require an interview at a USCIS Field Office."

 

and.. 

 

"Processing times of the Form I-485 and Form N-400 applications are determined by each Field Office, not the NBC, since final adjudication is not conducted at the NBC.  " (same for i-751 nowadays, processing times for those who end up at NBC is depending on their local field office, not NBC).

 

https://www.uscis.gov/archive/blog/2012/06/national-benefits-center-what-it-is-and

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...