2,900 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
14 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

My lawyer sent a letter to Vermont requesting this Transfer, when she file my I-360, they usually do, you previous priority  date from I-130 will appear on the I-360 Approval notice... 

Thanks for your response. I really appreciate it. Would you suggest that i also go ahead and send a letter requesting transfer of my priority date? And do you think the priority date transfer that your lawyer did help speed up the processing of your i360 or i485? 

31 minutes ago, ihuoma said:

Am worried guys. Am an October 2017 filer. Up till this moment I haven't received RFE. I see people here who filed same time like me talking about RFE....what could be wrong?

Thanks guys

LOL my dear RFE is not a procedure..or process in i360 adjudication! It's only issued if your supporting documents are lacking..most people go from filing straight to approval! Don't be worried that you haven't received it..rather pray not to! It delays processing time! Pray for your approval instead!👍

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Moe94 said:

Any thoughts on this?

If you have an attorney, ask him to inquire. If not, contact your congressman and they will most likely update your vawa case status right away. Hope this helps.👏

19 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Wow you got approved on my birthday!!🎊🎉🎁🎋🎇🎆🎍🎊🎉 8/8 So special!

Hello dear @Stillwinning!!!😊, Wow!! It's your birthday!! Congratulations!!! Happy Belated birthday. Wishing you God's blessings and favor always!! And many more happy birthdays to come, God bless you 🥳🥰

8 minutes ago, Gogetter18 said:

Hello dear @Stillwinning!!!😊, Wow!! It's your birthday!! Congratulations!!! Happy Belated birthday. Wishing you God's blessings and favor always!! And many more happy birthdays to come, God bless you 🥳🥰

Thank you so much sweety! I appreciate you. Godbless!😘😍💓💘💖🎊🎉🎋🎇🎆

1 hour ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

LOL my dear RFE is not a procedure..or process in i360 adjudication! It's only issued if your supporting documents are lacking..most people go from filing straight to approval! Don't be worried that you haven't received it..rather pray not to! It delays processing time! Pray for your approval instead!👍

@Stillwinning Happy Birthday to you. How do I  missed this? Everyday is a joyfull day for you. And may your joy continue to be full. Amen.

1 hour ago, Kersac said:

Thanks for your response. I really appreciate it. Would you suggest that i also go ahead and send a letter requesting transfer of my priority date? And do you think the priority date transfer that your lawyer did help speed up the processing of your i360 or i485? 

If abuser is an LPR priority date is very important on I-360, because you can file I-485 right away if the priority date from I-130 is already current in the visa bulletin, which in most cases is since was transfer form Previous I-130 which was filed earlier... Al thought After filling I-485 USCIS takes the same time frame to processed, Priority date is just to file right away without waiting to have a priority date to become current. 

9 minutes ago, FavouredOne said:

@Stillwinning Happy Birthday to you. How do I  missed this? Everyday is a joyfull day for you. And may your joy continue to be full. Amen.

Amen!🙏 thanks so much! I'm blessed to have you guys here! Godbless and prosper you dear!😘😀👍🎊🎉🎆🎇🎁💫🌟💃💃

8 minutes ago, namastenyc said:

Happy birthday @Stillwinning!!!😊! Hope you have a wonderful day, week, month &  may the year ahead be filled with loads of love, happiness, peace, success & good health! You are a gem and a huge source of positivity on this forum :) 

Amen darling!🙏😘😍😀 I appreciate you! Thank God for wonderful beings like you! The world is a better place because of that!💓💓💓 I appreciate you!🎊🎉🎋🎇🎁🎆🌟💫💃💃

Timeline
9 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

If abuser is an LPR priority date is very important on I-360, because you can file I-485 right away if the priority date from I-130 is already current in the visa bulletin, which in most cases is since was transfer form Previous I-130 which was filed earlier... Al thought After filling I-485 USCIS takes the same time frame to processed, Priority date is just to file right away without waiting to have a priority date to become current. 

No, my abuser is a citizen. If i get you clearly, the priority date transfer issue only worked for LPR abusers right?

6 minutes ago, Kersac said:

No, my abuser is a citizen. If i get you clearly, the priority date transfer issue only worked for LPR abusers right?

So you don't need to worry about the priority date this only valid for LPR abuser, if your abuser is US citizen you don't need to wait you can file I-485 anytime or even concurrently with your I-360. 

Edited by FeDaniela

Hi guys,

I’m a little bit confused. So, if I still did not get a courtesy letter or request to do medical exam, how much time should I expect the I-485 application process till you receive the interview request for GC & GC is approved? 

Currently, vawa processing times for a case inquiry are only at August 10, 2017. 

On on top of that though, the I-485 processing time in NYC takes anywhere between 20.5-34 months per the uscis website.  Based on this case processing time in NYC in order for anyone to even submit a case inquiry, the backlog is still stuck at September 1, 2016 and its anticipated adjustment applications take between 21-36 months now. 

I know now these are supposed to be averages and it may be faster or slower but does this basic mean that currently for those with vawa approval, the timeframe I-485 adjustment of status is now 2-3X longer than before. I had planned for 8-12 months, but, upon reading these timeline, I’m really confused. 

Thank you! 

FBCA9068-89B9-4C52-8668-12009E2B42C9.png

A85AA5CB-4C4A-45B7-A84F-78B4938E2CAA.png

Edited by namastenyc

Timeline
8 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

So you don't need to worry about the priority date this only valid for LPR abuser, if your abuser is US citizen you don't need to wait you can file I-485 anytime or even concurrently with your I-360. 

I already did. My abuser and I filed i130 and i485 concurrently in 2016 (33 months ago). Then i filed i360 vawa in May 2018 which almost 15 months now and counting. My i130 and i485 are still active. (My abuser threatened to withdraw the i130 but she never did). The reason i was asking about priority date transfer after reading it from the USCIS website was because i am trying to figure out if its going to cause a faster processing of my i360 and i485. Thank you for your prompt response. I am very grateful

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.