SDNOMAD

I-130 PREEVIOUS ENTRIES TO THE US

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

hi all I’m currently filling out the I-130 application for my husband from Canada and we’re at the point where it asks you about Entries to the USA do we have to document every entry he had ever had to the US?

Also just curious about approximate time frame of Approval for the I-130 visa?!

thanks 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, SDNOMAD said:

hi all I’m currently filling out the I-130 application for my husband from Canada and we’re at the point where it asks you about Entries to the USA do we have to document every entry he had ever had to the US?

thanks 

Yes. All in and out. You can check it online i94 if you cant remember all. 

the approval, it all depends on the service center and I-130 wont give you visa yet. After I-130 approval, the petition will be sent to NVC, you will pay fees and submit documents, it will be reviewed. If all is complete and accepted, NVC will schedule for you interview. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
12 minutes ago, SDNOMAD said:

thanks 

When my husband filed for the K1 visa and I had to enter all the dates, I struggled.  I knew some were 100% correct, but for a lot of them, I had to estimate.  I have always lived close to the border (either NY and ON or WA and BC) so tracking ALL my entries was impossible, mostly bc I didn’t keep track, especially in the years before I met my husband.  I didn’t have any issue and at the interview I told the CO that a lot of the dates were best estimates, and that I may have inadvertently missed some.

11 minutes ago, Kartinee23 said:

Yes. All in and out. You can check it online i94 if you cant remember all. 

the approval, it all depends on the service center and I-130 wont give you visa yet. After I-130 approval, the petition will be sent to NVC, you will pay fees and submit documents, it will be reviewed. If all is complete and accepted, NVC will schedule for you interview. 

No i94’s for Canadians. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Cryssiekins said:

When my husband filed for the K1 visa and I had to enter all the dates, I struggled.  I knew some were 100% correct, but for a lot of them, I had to estimate.  I have always lived close to the border (either NY and ON or WA and BC) so tracking ALL my entries was impossible, mostly bc I didn’t keep track, especially in the years before I met my husband.  I didn’t have any issue and at the interview I told the CO that a lot of the dates were best estimates, and that I may have inadvertently missed some.

No i94’s for Canadians. 

Oh! I didn’t know that. So many things I learn everyday on VJ 😬

Timeline
1 minute ago, Kartinee23 said:

Oh! I didn’t know that. So many things I learn everyday on VJ 😬

Without this community, my husband and i

would have struggled through this process.  Or wound up paying $$$ to an attorney.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
45 minutes ago, SDNOMAD said:

thanks 

Has the form recently changed? I don't recall there being a section of previous U.S. entries on the I-130.

“I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW AND MAY NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE OR ACCEPT FEES FOR LEGAL ADVICE.”

“I AM NOT ACCREDITED TO REPRESENT YOU BEFORE THE UNITED STATES IMMIGRATION AND NATURALIZATION SERVICE AND THE IMMIGRATION BOARD OF APPEALS.”

Married: 03September2010

Beneficiary Country: Colombia

CR1 (Expedited USCIS and NVC)

NOA1: 21March2011

USCIS Expedited Approved: 21June2011

NOA2: 21June2011

NVC Expedite Approved: 14September2011

Interview: 21October2011

POE: 28October2011

I-90 (Name Change)

NOA1: 03January2012

Biometrics: 07February2012

Approved: 07February2012

ROC (Approved)

NOA1: 28October2013

Interview: 22November2013

Approved: 11March2014

***Moved back to Colombia to finish graduate studies. Wife filed I-407 (Record of Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Residence Status) at the tourist visa interview. After finishing graduate school, we decided to move back to the U.S.***

B1/B2 (Approved)

DS-160: 12June2017

Interview: 12July2017

Filed I-407: 12July2017

IR1 (Expedited USCIS and NVC)

NOA1: 09October2018

USCIS Expedite Approved: 05April2019

NOA2: 09April2019

NVC Expedite Approved: 23May2019

Interview: 10June2019

POE: 29June2019

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Cryssiekins said:

Without this community, my husband and i

would have struggled through this process.  Or wound up paying $$$ to an attorney.  

I was late to find it. We paid so much $$$$ for our lawyer and got rfes. Was at NVC for  2months 2 days. Before we submitted everything (April 1) she had 1.5 months (Feb 16 we gave all AOS and all docs except one police certificate) to review Petitioner’s documents and JS documents but she never did or maybe she just let her assisstant do everything.  After second rfe, I did everything without telling them. She never even checked on us and she kept saying dont call NVC and let us handle it. But they never did so we had to do something. We got CC finally last Monday. We never told her but we know she knows because her e-mail is in our account. She never said anything to us. Even with petition. If we didnt tell her, or if we dont ask her, she wont update us with anything! And she is blaming the rfes with NVC when I told her I’m disappointed with their service she gave me  a long-attorney message. I did not reply and until now I don’t want to talk to them again. Lol! 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, ArmyVet said:

Has the form recently changed? I don't recall there being a section of previous U.S. entries on the I-130.

I think she may be referring to the ds160, as she asked about visa approval, rather than petition. 

18 minutes ago, Kartinee23 said:

I was late to find it. We paid so much $$$$ for our lawyer and got rfes. Was at NVC for  2months 2 days. Before we submitted everything (April 1) she had 1.5 months (Feb 16 we gave all AOS and all docs except one police certificate) to review Petitioner’s documents and JS documents but she never did or maybe she just let her assisstant do everything.  After second rfe, I did everything without telling them. She never even checked on us and she kept saying dont call NVC and let us handle it. But they never did so we had to do something. We got CC finally last Monday. We never told her but we know she knows because her e-mail is in our account. She never said anything to us. Even with petition. If we didnt tell her, or if we dont ask her, she wont update us with anything! And she is blaming the rfes with NVC when I told her I’m disappointed with their service she gave me  a long-attorney message. I did not reply and until now I don’t want to talk to them again. Lol! 

My first US job was at a law firm.  I didn’t work in the immigration dept, but I do know the attorneys did not waste their time with family immigration - it was ALL corporate stuff for employers needing foreign workers.  The paralegals did most of the work on family stuff (I mean the attorneys would glance over the forms, but that was it unless the case was difficult).  And unpaid interns, they get their experience by actually filling out the forms.  To be honest, the assistant knows more than the attorney most times.  

Visajourney at least has people who have been there, done that, and that advice is so much more valuable.  

I’m sorry you had a crappy experience, but glad you found this to assist on the rest of your journey :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from K3 Process & Procedures to IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

10 hours ago, SDNOMAD said:

thanks 

I thought it was just the last 5 entries into the usa.

Timeline

It asks if the beneficiary has ever entered the United States and then it actually asks is the beneficiary currently in the US and only then I just realized you submit your entries no where does it specify that you need to record all of the entries so it’s kinda confusing as I’m sure that’s something they may want to know...

And that you submit entry info only if you select yes on currently being in the US

Timeline
45 minutes ago, pcubes99 said:

Maybe the entries are on another form... The lawyer I'm working with is only asking for the last 5 entries of the beneficiary. 

I'll follow up with him. Maybe he's just asking for his own records.

I believe all entries are on the visa application, which comes at the Embassy stage.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.