MiniBigBoss

My wife wants a divorce, please help!

9 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

my wife has not been living with me for about 1 year now. we have a 3.5 year old son together. She is insisting on divorce, but wants me to keep paying her money whilst she becomes "independent". I am paying her $2,000 a month for rent and expenses. She has been a pain in the butt for the past year.

- She lets our son put the ipad charger in the outlet (he might now think it's ok to stick anything in there).

- She puts him on a float and lets him by himself in an inflatable pool (about 3.5 foot deep). If he flips, he would drown by the time she gets to him.

- She lets him play with the iPad/iPhone games as he pleases (not good for him).

- She leaves him with her mom, who has mental issues (I am not trying to make this up, she is living on Federal support since she cannot be around people and work).

- She threatens me not to see my son if I have my salary going to a not shared account.

- She yells and screams in front of our child (When I tell her not to fight in front of him, she says she does not care).

We have been married for 6.5 years now, what are my options? What can I do? Please help me! :(

Do you have you greencard?

I would consult a divorce attorney, one whom specializes in divorces. 

Options: Get divorced, Work things out, or stay status quo

I would want a divorce, just remember as a rule in family court and divorce court the woman usually gets the advantage. 

ChickBoy

Greencard or not, divorce her and reclaim your life. After you divorce you will still have to pay child support but she cant denyyou court appointed visitation. You are not her slave,do not allowher to treat you as such

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Dicorce

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Please consider divorce and get the best divorce lawyer you can afford. I was stuck too long in a marriage with a man who paid little attention to what I wanted out of life, since it was his way or nothing. I was so used to bending to his whims that I forgot who I was. He was also a yeller and screamer, and controlled me with money. His mother treated me like I was trash, not good enough for her son, and he rarely stood up to her. People told me for years I should just leave but I thought because I was in love (or thought I was) I needed to stick it out for life. Guess what? I didn't! I got out and so can you. My only regret is not getting divorced sooner.

You don't have to live like this. ❤️

*** Moved from Off Topic to "Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits"

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Well something to discuss with your Divorce Lawyer, can she do it, no, can the Courts another matter.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On 6/7/2019 at 4:31 AM, MiniBigBoss said:

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. She does not work (even though I have been encouraging her to go to school and have a career, as it will help her mentally & socially). now she is threatening to take half my paycheck, can she even do that?

I don't why you are paying her expenses?  If she is threatening to not let you see your kid, that's not legal.  You should not have to pay her rent, or allow her access to your bank account.  In divorce, she may get awarded alimony and child support.  But I don't think it would be half your paycheck. 

Divorce and move on with your life.  You can even challenge custody if you can show that she's unfit.  Some of the things you mentioned would worry me, the pool thing especially, and leaving him with mentally unstable people.  I think you have a shot at custody.  And then she'd have to pay you child support. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.