Frobert

DS - 3025 help interpreting??

39 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi, so I'm having a little working out what I'm missing. I did my medical in London and I think I was told I'm missing a tetanus shot. But it seems like it's marked on the form. 

Also wondering why he wrote 'K1' in the 'Vaccine Given By Panel Site' column. 

The doctor checked the box in section 2 staring 'K Visa applicant electing not to be vaccinated at the exam' 

I wish I had just insisted that they give it to me in London but hadn't read the forums where people were saying in London they don't make it very clear that you have an option to get the vaccines there. They seem more concerned with getting you processed and out the door. 

IMG-20190605-WA0006.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Did you check out the excellent informative pinned thread located at the top of this forum page: Immunizations. DS3025 or I-693 ? :

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Pitaya (火龙果) said:

Did you check out the excellent informative pinned thread located at the top of this forum page: Immunizations. DS3025 or I-693 ? :

I did!
this is why I'm asking - 

Do you need an I-693 immunization sheet? Is my DS-3025 filled out properly?

Look at your DS-3025. If it has the ALL of the following items, you don't need an I-693 (Adults 19-49 yrs old).

1. Shots marked with a date (at least one of a series)

• MMR (two are required but if you have "insufficient time interval" Code B in the last column, then you get a waiver)
  • Td or Tdap or DT or DTP or DtaP (One date must be no longer than 10 years ago)

Specifically, I'm wondering why the Doctor would write in the date i received my Td vaccine. 

This is the most important check box.

If it's not marked it will not be viewed as completing the vaccinations.

Screenshot_20190605-123033_Samsung Internet.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
11 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

This is the most important check box.

If it's not marked it will not be viewed as completing the vaccinations.

Screenshot_20190605-123033_Samsung Internet.jpg

^^^^^^

THIS !!!!

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

13 minutes ago, Scandi said:

It's too late for OP now, but anyone else who happens to read this thread and who hasn't had their medical yet - save yourself from spending more money, time and a huge headache by making sure your overseas medical is COMPLETE. Don't let the doctor send a non-completed medical report to the embassy. Do everything necessary, take all the shots that are required to complete the medical. 

It's hard enough as it is to find someone in the US who's willing to only fix the vaccinations, sign the i-693 and not require you to do the WHOLE medical all over again. And it's usually quite pricey too.. Do it back home! If you think the shots are too expensive at the actually medical clinic, get them in advance at another clinic and bring signed proof from that clinic to the medical. That way you already had the missing shot and the medical can be marked complete.

Amen! Dont let anyone convince you that you can just get them later! It's not that easy, a waste of money and redundant. 

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Scandi said:

It's too late for OP now, but anyone else who happens to read this thread and who hasn't had their medical yet - save yourself from spending more money, time and a huge headache by making sure your overseas medical is COMPLETE. 

100% I would encourage anyone to double and triple check their vaccinations. I went into my London medical thinking I had everything but it seems my TD shot from 18months prior wasn't valid. 

London really doesn't want the hassle of administering vaccinations either, they try to make it sound as simple as going to a pharmacy and getting what you need (which I fell for!) 

If you find yourself in my position, insist on getting the vaccinations you need before you leave their office! 

EDIT EDIT: it looks like you just got TD and not TDap which is the required version.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Frobert said:

100% I would encourage anyone to double and triple check their vaccinations. I went into my London medical thinking I had everything but it seems my TD shot from 18months prior wasn't valid. 

London really doesn't want the hassle of administering vaccinations either, they try to make it sound as simple as going to a pharmacy and getting what you need (which I fell for!) 

If you find yourself in my position, insist on getting the vaccinations you need before you leave their office! 

I know in Sweden 18 months is perfectly fine for that shot, but it seems like in other countries you need a boost every year. I don't get it.. 

When I went to my medical in Sweden the doctor asked if I had had the TD shot within the last 10 years. So that's how long it lasts apparently.

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline

I'm currently in the states parsing through and calling a list of doctors trying to find one that isn't going to charge me 3-400 for a full medical 😔

Just now, Frobert said:

I'm currently in the states parsing through and calling a list of doctors trying to find one that isn't going to charge me 3-400 for a full medical 😔

Dont be afraid to travel. The gas may be worth it.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Frobert said:

Good luck. It'll take a while to find someone who will, but hopefully you'll be fine. There's a post in this forum somewhere about which doctors/clinics do just the vaccinations.

Edited by Scandi

Timeline
Just now, K1visaHopeful said:

Dont be afraid to travel. The gas may be worth it.

I'm finding that out! I'm in the DC area, looking further into Virginia and Maryland for options. 

Timeline

Not sure if this can be of use or not. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.