16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! We have an ongoing K1 visa case and are in the medical/visa interview phase. We have read the article from Abs-cbn news syaing that the US embassy Manila will permanently close their offices on July 25. How will this affect the interview process if we are scheduled to receive our medical on July 24. 

Kindly provide insight!

See article link: https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/06/04/19/us-citizenship-immigration-services-to-close-manila-office

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Without clicking the link, you already have the info on the link itself. USCIS( Who are under the DHS) is closing their Manila office, not USEM Manila who are under DOS. 

Hopefully this post gets locked quick after all the correct answers. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Cristina092 said:

Hi! We have an ongoing K1 visa case and are in the medical/visa interview phase. We have read the article from Abs-cbn news syaing that the US embassy Manila will permanently close their offices on July 25. How will this affect the interview process if we are scheduled to receive our medical on July 24. 

Kindly provide insight!

See article link: https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/06/04/19/us-citizenship-immigration-services-to-close-manila-office

Read again. There is NOT a single word or sentence in the article mentioning US Embassy Manila will permanently close their offices. 

This is how misinformation spread. 

In fact the article clearly says 

“The U.S. Embassy in Manila will assume responsibility for certain limited services previously provided by USCIS to individuals residing in the Philippines,”

Edited by arken

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

You can still deal with your Social Security there, Get a passport if you loose one, etc

The will still be doing visas interviews as normal. Just no more DCF walk in or by appointment

Edited by Falcon Cara

ChickBoy

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Cristina092 said:

Kindly provide insight!

One must read carefully and not jump to wrong conclusions 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

The news article could have been more clear in their reporting. For example, state specifically that it is DCF that is affected and what that is. Also explain that the I-130 forms will now be filed in the US. Explain that the Embassy and USCIS are 2 different entities. But then I suppose that would be responsible reporting. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, theresaL said:

The news article could have been more clear in their reporting. For example, state specifically that it is DCF that is affected and what that is. Also explain that the I-130 forms will now be filed in the US. Explain that the Embassy and USCIS are 2 different entities. But then I suppose that would be responsible reporting. 

The article is quite clear

Uscis field offices do a lot more than just i130s, so if you list one thing they do, wouldn't you need to list them all.

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
5 minutes ago, payxibka said:

The article is quite clear

Uscis field offices do a lot more than just i130s, so if you list one thing they do, wouldn't you need to list them all.

Yes for people well versed in immigration, such as most of the long term members here. Not necessarily by people who are not, as evidenced by the OP. I would not have known the difference at the beginning. 

Yes they do, but the article focused only on the I-130 specifically. So yes, I agree with you the article should have been more informative.

OP, you now know it is not the embassy closing and you will not be affected by this. 

1 hour ago, Cristina092 said:

Kindly provide insight!

USCIS will permanently close its field office in Manila, Philippines, on July 5, 2019.  (not the 25th)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cristina092 said:

Kindly provide insight!

Thank you everyone for your kind answers. Not very well versed with the immigration and don’t know the difference of field office. Would i have known, I would not ask. But thank you all!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.