MissyK1

LONDON consulate email

8 posts in this topic

Our case has shown ready since 20 May, we have created his medical appointment for this Friday and his interview I scheduled and paid for on 28 June. We have yet to receive any email from the consulate in London and I have called many times, and they insist that without that email he will not be able to go for his interview. We did print out the sheet of paper when we created the interview, which indicated all of the details, and said to bring with however this is not the email originally created by the consulate. How long has it taken everybody to receive that email, what does it look like and do you think it will arrive before his scheduled interview  our case has shown ready since 20 May, we have created his medical appointment for this Friday and his interview I scheduled and paid for on 28 June. We have yet to receive any email from the consulate in London and I have called many times, and they insist that without that email he will not be able to go for his interview. We did print out the sheet of paper when we created the interview, which indicated all of the details, and said to bring with however this is not the email originally created by the consulate. How long has it taken everybody to receive that email, what does it look like and do you think it will arrive before his scheduled interview date  of June 28? I am trying to make travel plans while getting a new job and this is becoming very difficult emotionally as well as logistically. Shouldn’t the email be arriving shortly? Anybody? Thank you so much. I am just sitting here in tears feeling very defeated 

0F7F1EBD-D5E8-404C-9322-2586233823A8.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I never got an email with confirmation. I went through the ustraveldocs site and had only the printout of the appointment confirmation from there. That’s all I needed. I never received an additional email from the embassy (Frankfurt, Germany).

I think you are fine. But if you want to be sure maybe message a member on here who recently had an interview in London.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, happycookie said:

I never got an email with confirmation. I went through the ustraveldocs site and had only the printout of the appointment confirmation from there. That’s all I needed. I never received an additional email from the embassy (Frankfurt, Germany).

I think you are fine. But if you want to be sure maybe message a member on here who recently had an interview in London.

This is correct. At my interview last week I took a printout of the appointment confirmation, they never asked for any other email printout.

12 minutes ago, marlasinger said:

This is correct. At my interview last week I took a printout of the appointment confirmation, they never asked for any other email printout.

THANK YOU. I've just booked my ticket$$$$$$$ there and back for what I hope is the last time. I've flown 28,000 miles this year to and from LHR.   All we've eaten is Ramen and biscuits. Please dear god let the end be in sight. THank you!!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, MissyK1 said:

THANK YOU. I've just booked my ticket$$$$$$$ there and back for what I hope is the last time. I've flown 28,000 miles this year to and from LHR.   All we've eaten is Ramen and biscuits. Please dear god let the end be in sight. THank you!!

Haha I know the feeling! You must be due some nice airline upgrades soon? 👍 Just make sure for the medical on Friday he has either a letter/email printout from NVC showing case number and visa category (or the P3 letter from the Embassy if it arrives in time) as they DO need this.

1 minute ago, marlasinger said:

Haha I know the feeling! You must be due some nice airline upgrades soon? 👍 Just make sure for the medical on Friday he has either a letter/email printout from NVC showing case number and visa category (or the P3 letter from the Embassy if it arrives in time) as they DO need this.

Yes we do have it printed (and like 3 extra copies) in the front of the plastic sleeve of stuff he's bringing wth.  The NVC had my email wrong (!!!) the atty submitted it properly but they made my last name spelled wrong. so we have requested that to be fixed - but yeah we got that letter front and center with those 4 passport pics!!! I'm so ready to get this show on the road. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, MissyK1 said:

Yes we do have it printed (and like 3 extra copies) in the front of the plastic sleeve of stuff he's bringing wth.  The NVC had my email wrong (!!!) the atty submitted it properly but they made my last name spelled wrong. so we have requested that to be fixed - but yeah we got that letter front and center with those 4 passport pics!!! I'm so ready to get this show on the road. 

Great, I hope it all goes smoothly!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
7 hours ago, MissyK1 said:

Our case has shown ready since 20 May, we have created his medical appointment for this Friday and his interview I scheduled and paid for on 28 June. We have yet to receive any email from the consulate in London and I have called many times, and they insist that without that email he will not be able to go for his interview. We did print out the sheet of paper when we created the interview, which indicated all of the details, and said to bring with however this is not the email originally created by the consulate. How long has it taken everybody to receive that email, what does it look like and do you think it will arrive before his scheduled interview  our case has shown ready since 20 May, we have created his medical appointment for this Friday and his interview I scheduled and paid for on 28 June. We have yet to receive any email from the consulate in London and I have called many times, and they insist that without that email he will not be able to go for his interview. We did print out the sheet of paper when we created the interview, which indicated all of the details, and said to bring with however this is not the email originally created by the consulate. How long has it taken everybody to receive that email, what does it look like and do you think it will arrive before his scheduled interview date  of June 28? I am trying to make travel plans while getting a new job and this is becoming very difficult emotionally as well as logistically. Shouldn’t the email be arriving shortly? Anybody? Thank you so much. I am just sitting here in tears feeling very defeated 

London does not email K1s. They send a letter of instruction in the post which takes 2-3 weeks to arrive after your case gets there from NVC. The instructions are on the embassy website. There is nothing important in that postal letter that you absolutely must have. Some people call it Packet 3, but that is old terminology. 

And the Immigrant Visa Unit that processes your case will not speak to you on the phone. If you talked to anybody at the Embassy in London, it was the Nonimmigrant Visa Unit. The bloke was telling you things they do for appointments for tourist visas. 

"We did print out the sheet of paper when we created the interview, which indicated all of the details, and said to bring with however this is not the email originally created by the consulate."

THAT is what you take to the interview. There is no such thing as an email originally created by the consulate.

Stop being in tears. You have all you need. 

Edited by Wuozopo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.