MajorFox

Affidavit of support guidance and military expedite?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

So simple question first. We've already been approved through USCIS and I learned after the fact that I could have requested a military expedite. Does the NVC offer the same thing? 

Alright now the tough one. What will I need for the affidavit of support that I can do while we are waiting? Will not having any significant amount of money in the bank hurt our case? I don't have three years worth of federal tax returns because three years ago I was still in college and was claimed by my parents on their taxes. How would I go around that? Ask them for documents proving they claimed me and my college transcripts showing I was student at the time? Currently have a years worth of pay stubs and my last two W2s. What else can I prepare now?

I make plenty of money, annual base pay is around 50,000 not counting housing and food allowance. But I've only been a military officer for two years, have no significant savings, and one small debt from school. Will we have any problems because of these factors or is my income sufficient enough to make the process easy for us?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, MajorFox said:

So simple question first. We've already been approved through USCIS and I learned after the fact that I could have requested a military expedite. Does the NVC offer the same thing? 

Alright now the tough one. What will I need for the affidavit of support that I can do while we are waiting? Will not having any significant amount of money in the bank hurt our case? I don't have three years worth of federal tax returns because three years ago I was still in college and was claimed by my parents on their taxes. How would I go around that? Ask them for documents proving they claimed me and my college transcripts showing I was student at the time? Currently have a years worth of pay stubs and my last two W2s. What else can I prepare now?

I make plenty of money, annual base pay is around 50,000 not counting housing and food allowance. But I've only been a military officer for two years, have no significant savings, and one small debt from school. Will we have any problems because of these factors or is my income sufficient enough to make the process easy for us?

Expedites really have to be done at each stage, but also generally only if you're preparing for deployment, i.e. have orders and all for it. There isn't technically just a military/veteran expedite, even though each case is unique, generally would need to be some outstanding out factor(s) in play for it.

As for the I-134. Just send what you have. Current income is main thing. Send 3 months worth of LES's (6 of them, unless you chose once a month payments), and can include whatever tax transcripts/W2's you have. Current income is main thing they care about really. If you don't have a large savings, no need really for banking statements. And everyone has some debt generally speaking (rent, car payments, mortgage, and student loans), don't over think it honestly.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

Expedites really have to be done at each stage, but also generally only if you're preparing for deployment, i.e. have orders and all for it. There isn't technically just a military/veteran expedite, even though each case is unique, generally would need to be some outstanding out factor(s) in play for it.

As for the I-134. Just send what you have. Current income is main thing. Send 3 months worth of LES's (6 of them, unless you chose once a month payments), and can include whatever tax transcripts/W2's you have. Current income is main thing they care about really. If you don't have a large savings, no need really for banking statements. And everyone has some debt generally speaking (rent, car payments, mortgage, and student loans), don't over think it honestly.

That makes sense. I have a deployment coming but its not that close. 

Okay. That makes me feel a lot better! I didn't think I was in too bad of a spot financially but was over thinking it. Thank you very much. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, MajorFox said:

That makes sense. I have a deployment coming but its not that close. 

Okay. That makes me feel a lot better! I didn't think I was in too bad of a spot financially but was over thinking it. Thank you very much. 

No worries, always the key to not over think the forms. They seem complicated sometimes but really usually it's just the reader making it that way (i did it a couple times). And even enlisted military incomes generally suffice for the affidavit as all the other 'benefits' included to offset the usually lower income. I'd know... lol

02/03/2017 - Married 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

No worries, always the key to not over think the forms. They seem complicated sometimes but really usually it's just the reader making it that way (i did it a couple times). And even enlisted military incomes generally suffice for the affidavit as all the other 'benefits' included to offset the usually lower income. I'd know... lol

Haha. I figured you knew when you said LES rather than pay stub. Haha. Did you do yours in the military our out?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, MajorFox said:

Haha. I figured you knew when you said LES rather than pay stub. Haha. Did you do yours in the military our out?

Oh after. I've been out for just over 8 years now after my six active years.

02/03/2017 - Married 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.