Lukiduki

Online N-400 Required Evidence

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

I need help with Required Evidence section of N-400.

Please kindly explain my question bellow.

I really appreciate any help. Thank you! 

I am filing Online N-400.

The Required Evidence page asks me to provide the following:

-Your Permanent Resident Card (I uploaded my card )

-Your Marriage Certificate (I uploaded my marriage certificate )

-Additional evidence to support your application

- Evidence about your children (I uploaded two birth certificates of my two sons)

-  Additional evidence you want to provide (I did not upload any file)

when I click NEXT the page shows the following warning:

You should provide evidence
If you do not provide evidence, your application processing may be delayed.
My question is:
What am I doing wrong to receive the warning message, if the additional evidence is optional "You can provide additional documents that support your application and help explain any of your responses on the application. If you want to provide additional evidence now, upload any documents below. You can also bring the documents to your naturalization interview."

Thank you for your help.

IR5 - Parents of US Citizen

USCIS

30 July 2013 : I-130 IR5 Sent

03 Aug 2013 : NOA1 Date

22 Jan 2014 : Transfer to CSC

30 Jan 2014 : I-130 Approved ?

NVC

12 Feb 2014 : NVC Received the Case

20 Mar 2014 : Case IIN BIN Numbers Assigned ?

21 Mar 2014 : ENROLL email sent to NVC - First Time (Did not Receive AutoReply)

22 Mar 2014 : DS-261 Available

23 Mar 2014 : DS-261 Submitted

24 Mar 2014 : AOS Invoice Available and Paid

26 Mar 2014 : AOS Invoice shows Paid

26 Mar 2014 : ENROLL email sent to NVC - Second Time (AutoReply Received from NVC)

27 Mar 2014 : IV Invoice Triangle Shown, but Not Payable Online

28 Mar 2014 : IV Invoice became Available for Payment Online

01 Apr 2014 : IV Invoice Paid

03 Apr 2014 : IV Invoice shows Paid

03 Apr 2014 : DS-260 Available

21 Apr 2014: EROLL Confirmation Received ?

21 Apr 2014: DS-260 Completed and Sent

21 Apr 2014 : AOS Package Email sent to NVC (auto reply received)

21 Apr 2014 : IV Package Email sent to NVC

14 May 2014 : Checklist emails received for all the IV and AOS documents (False Checklist?)

27 May 2014 : Received Checklist: asking 2013 Transcript (one checklist for each parent)

30 May 2014: Called NVC spoke with supervisor. The supervisor could not open the 2013 Transcripts we've sent in our AOS package on April21, because it was downloaded from IRS site. He said it was password protected.

We scanned the transcript and sent it to the supervisor at nvcinquiry@state.gov.

The supervisor was kind enough to wait on the phone and confirm that he has received our email with scanned transcripts attachments.

Supervisor asked another 3 weeks to review our cases.

01 Jun 2014: We sent 2 separate emails (one case # for each parent ) "Response to Checklist" to nvcelectronic@state.gov complete with all the attachments scanned into pdf.

04 Jun 2014 : Case Complete for both parents! ?

Thanks to all VJs members and special thanks to Saylin, Jag and Ripu, Canadianplum and Xprecious32 for your help, support and encouragement. Kind Regards and best wishes for all of you!

25 Jun 2014 : Medical done

22 Jul 2014 : Montreal interview. Approved! ?

09Sep2014 : Entry at Niagara-Buffalo Peace Bridge Officer also requested Green Card and SSN. We have received the Green Cards but we never received SIN. We requested the SIN cards again in November at Local Office and receiver the cards in one week.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You don't have to provide additional evidence if you don't want to....for mine, I uploaded the bio page of my Canadian passport (figured it might help speed up any travel history checking on me since the passport info/numbers would be right at their disposal), and a copy of my State ID (as further documentation of my identity and residency in NY since it showed the address.)  I also included a cover letter of sorts explaining anything I needed to clarify in my application (ie. that all of my travel dates were estimated to the best of my ability since Canadian passports don't normally have travel stamps to refer back to).

Keep in mind, though, that the IO is not obligated to take any additional evidence uploaded into consideration, but never hurts to front-load things, imo, if the front-loading is relevant to the application.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lukiduki said:

Hello,

I need help with Required Evidence section of N-400.

Please kindly explain my question bellow.

I really appreciate any help. Thank you! 

I am filing Online N-400.

The Required Evidence page asks me to provide the following:

-Your Permanent Resident Card (I uploaded my card )

-Your Marriage Certificate (I uploaded my marriage certificate )

-Additional evidence to support your application

- Evidence about your children (I uploaded two birth certificates of my two sons)

-  Additional evidence you want to provide (I did not upload any file)

when I click NEXT the page shows the following warning:

You should provide evidence
If you do not provide evidence, your application processing may be delayed.
My question is:
What am I doing wrong to receive the warning message, if the additional evidence is optional "You can provide additional documents that support your application and help explain any of your responses on the application. If you want to provide additional evidence now, upload any documents below. You can also bring the documents to your naturalization interview."

Thank you for your help.

Is your application based on 5 year or 3 year?  If 3 years based on marriage, tax transcripts are needed and also US citizen's naturalization certificate or passport copy

Timeline
8 hours ago, Going through said:

You don't have to provide additional evidence if you don't want to....for mine, I uploaded the bio page of my Canadian passport (figured it might help speed up any travel history checking on me since the passport info/numbers would be right at their disposal), and a copy of my State ID (as further documentation of my identity and residency in NY since it showed the address.)  I also included a cover letter of sorts explaining anything I needed to clarify in my application (ie. that all of my travel dates were estimated to the best of my ability since Canadian passports don't normally have travel stamps to refer back to).

Keep in mind, though, that the IO is not obligated to take any additional evidence uploaded into consideration, but never hurts to front-load things, imo, if the front-loading is relevant to the application.

Thanks for your advice.  I will upload some proof of continuous residency.

I am thinking sending my Blue Cross/Blue Shield health statement showing my doctor's appointments during all the last 5 years.

Also, Copy of my taxes to IRS, Boarding passes from out of the country trips, rental agreement, utility bills paid ........

USCIS

NVC

26 Mar 2014 : ENROLL email sent to NVC - Second Time (AutoReply Received from NVC)

14 May 2014 : Checklist emails received for all the IV and AOS documents (False Checklist?)

27 May 2014 : Received Checklist: asking 2013 Transcript (one checklist for each parent)

30 May 2014: Called NVC spoke with supervisor. The supervisor could not open the 2013 Transcripts we've sent in our AOS package on April21, because it was downloaded from IRS site. He said it was password protected.

We scanned the transcript and sent it to the supervisor at nvcinquiry@state.gov.

The supervisor was kind enough to wait on the phone and confirm that he has received our email with scanned transcripts attachments.

01 Jun 2014: We sent 2 separate emails (one case # for each parent ) "Response to Checklist" to nvcelectronic@state.gov complete with all the attachments scanned into pdf.

Thanks to all VJs members and special thanks to Saylin, Jag and Ripu, Canadianplum and Xprecious32 for your help, support and encouragement. Kind Regards and best wishes for all of you!

09Sep2014 : Entry at Niagara-Buffalo Peace Bridge Officer also requested Green Card and SSN. We have received the Green Cards but we never received SIN. We requested the SIN cards again in November at Local Office and receiver the cards in one week.

Timeline
7 hours ago, dilip said:

Is your application based on 5 year or 3 year?  If 3 years based on marriage, tax transcripts are needed and also US citizen's naturalization certificate or passport copy

My application is 5 year based on family sponsorship.

Thank you for your advice.

I will upload some proof of continuous residency, as per your advice, tax transcript etc , then I will not get that warning message.

USCIS

NVC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, Lukiduki said:

Thanks for your advice.  I will upload some proof of continuous residency.

I am thinking sending my Blue Cross/Blue Shield health statement showing my doctor's appointments during all the last 5 years.

Also, Copy of my taxes to IRS, Boarding passes from out of the country trips, rental agreement, utility bills paid ........

With the 5 year rule, rental agreement/bills/taxes are not required with the application.  Your N400 is based on your 5 year continuous and physical residency, not your marriage or family relation.

You can bring the tax transcripts to your interview, but unlikely it will be asked for.

Don't send the health statements...unless you're at risk for proving continuous residency it's really not needed, neither are the boarding passes---just list your trips as accurately as you can on the application.  They will confirm your travel history through their own databases, anyhow.

Edited by Going through

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.