10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Callista said:

Is engangement ring is required evidence for k1 that you two are really engaged? Thankyou

No

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Callista said:

Is engangement ring is required evidence for k1 that you two are really engaged? Thankyou

We didn't put any proof of a ring in our k1 application and the US embassy in London didn't ask for any proof of any rings. That was just my experience though. 

Timeline

In theory no.... in the I-129f petition you submit written statements of marriage intent. That is all that is actually needed.... if you want to use a ring as evidence of engagement, you can i guess.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Nope. Despite what De Beers marketing department would tell you, you don’t need an engagement ring to be engaged 😉💍

On a separate note, my fiancé bought me an emerald engagement ring, because it’s my favourite stone...and the assistant in the shop warned him several times he was making a mistake, and that I might turn down his proposal if he didn’t get a diamond one instead 😫😆. #LittleDidSheKnow

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

Nope. Despite what De Beers marketing department would tell you, you don’t need an engagement ring to be engaged 😉💍

Only conflict free diamonds are genuine anyway 

YMMV

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Callista said:

Per the Evidence section of the VJ K1 Visa Guide:

The following items will not typically show proof of having met in the last two years however will show proof of an ongoing relationship: Copies of land line and cell phone bills, appropriate letters and emails, stamps on the letters (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. Provide a reasonable amount; two to four of each type. Pick a range of dates up to and including the present. You can also include a copy of engagement ring receipt (this is something that is a big optional - do not worry if you do not have a ring yet!)

REF: https://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide/ (emphasis added)

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

No. "Engaged" and "fiancé" are not legal statuses like "married" and "husband/wife."  For the I-129f it is all about establishing intent to marry, and for that a signed statement is the best evidence.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.