SGr-03

Requesting Ghana police cert from overseas

5 posts in this topic

Hello folks,

My fiancee is not from Ghana, but she was there for 7 months a few years ago which requires us to get the police report. However, she is not a citizen and doesn't have any contacts to help us, so we're doing things entirely from abroad. The NVC website describes the process as follows:

Non-Resident - $200 paid in a bank transfer to Ecobank Ghana (Main Headquarters), A/C 1101530940211, Commissioner of Police CID account.

Non-Residents should send the request via international courier (DHL or FedEx is recommended) and pay the round trip courier cost in advance. 

The request should include the following information –

• The bio-page of applicant’s passport
  • Two passport sized photographs
  • Full name of applicant
  • Date and place of birth
  • Father and Mother’s full name
  • Home town
  • Occupation
  • List of all schools attended, including year of entry and completion
  • Contact address
  • Email address
  • Telephone number

Does anyone here have experience doing this as a non-citizen? I have a few questions:

How long does it take to get the certificate? 

What recipient name should be used for the bank transfer? 

It says to pay "round trip" cost for courier, does that mean I need to pay return shipping for the document before it's even sent? How does that work when I have no idea when/if/how they'll send it?

A lot of the information they want sounds like it's for citizens, my fiancee did not go to school nor work in Ghana (it was an extended vacation). Can I skip the list of schools attended? 

My fiancee doesn't speak very much English so I am submitting this on her behalf, can I list my phone and address for contact? 

I'm sorry if some of these sound stupid, but the description of the process leaves a lot to be desired and online resources are scarce. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, SGr-03 said:

Hello folks,

My fiancee is not from Ghana, but she was there for 7 months a few years ago which requires us to get the police report. However, she is not a citizen and doesn't have any contacts to help us, so we're doing things entirely from abroad. The NVC website describes the process as follows:

Does anyone here have experience doing this as a non-citizen? I have a few questions:

How long does it take to get the certificate? 

What recipient name should be used for the bank transfer? 

It says to pay "round trip" cost for courier, does that mean I need to pay return shipping for the document before it's even sent? How does that work when I have no idea when/if/how they'll send it?

A lot of the information they want sounds like it's for citizens, my fiancee did not go to school nor work in Ghana (it was an extended vacation). Can I skip the list of schools attended? 

My fiancee doesn't speak very much English so I am submitting this on her behalf, can I list my phone and address for contact? 

I'm sorry if some of these sound stupid, but the description of the process leaves a lot to be desired and online resources are scarce. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time. 

Inbox me will give u a contact at the police headquarters to call

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

My husband is a citizen, but a non-resident. The directions you listed above are out of date. Ghana now does online processing for those outside of the country and all the fees are included. You can find the information by googling "Ghana eservices". There is one website to order the certificate and one to pay for it (although the websites are intermittently working). It honestly was quite quick for us (I think about 2 weeks to process) since there are no fingerprints required for those that do not live there. Check out this link to do the process.

http://www.eservices.gov.gh/gps/SitePages/Online Services Details.aspx 

On 6/13/2019 at 11:55 AM, Moon&Stars said:

My husband is a citizen, but a non-resident. The directions you listed above are out of date. Ghana now does online processing for those outside of the country and all the fees are included. You can find the information by googling "Ghana eservices". There is one website to order the certificate and one to pay for it (although the websites are intermittently working). It honestly was quite quick for us (I think about 2 weeks to process) since there are no fingerprints required for those that do not live there. Check out this link to do the process.

http://www.eservices.gov.gh/gps/SitePages/Online Services Details.aspx 

Hello, thanks so much for your reply.

As you suspected I did have issues with the method I posted, since it's out of date. 

I've been visiting the site you linked nearly daily since last week, but unfortunately I have yet to be able to access it. I assume this is pretty common? I'll keep trying. 

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.