Blessingsofgod

F2A in process but my spouse wants to separate

27 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I am not trying to get your hopes up high but some people are very visual people and struggle with long-distance relationships. Its not for everyone.

Having said that, your visit may actually help him to figure out whether he is just loosing "sight" of you or he no longer has any feelings for you. And I agree with an earlier post, be professional about this. Do not push, cling or block anything. You may get the opposite of what you are hoping for.

No matter what, I wish you all the best and keep my fingers crossed for your happiness.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Blessingsofgod said:

My husband hasn’t withdraw anything yet. He is frustrated by being alone. So I thought to make a trip so that he will feel better. And definitely he won’t send me out when he see me as I know him better. He chooses this due to frustration I am trying to make him to think we hav to go through this long wait. I knew it’s tough for both of us. Thanks all for your valuable inputs. Keep me in prayers. 

Honestly just visit, the slight monetary giccup is nothing.

My wife was adamant to not apply for visitor visa because its expensive, even after I offered to pay for it, now it is getting on our nerves cause of that one stupoidity we have not been able to see each other.

Not to mention other losses as a result:

1. Not able to get acclimated to US way of life

2. Not understanding US attitude.

3. Unable to network

4. Comments and snarks from family etc.. 

For what? some $400 in application fees?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Op, I don't think you have an immigration problem. I think you have a relationship problem with immigration being a by-product of it. Nobody will be able to tell you how to convince him to change his feelings about the relationship. We really need have a heart-to-heart conversation as where is head and head is.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I think this is the right decision to go see your husband and try to work things out. If it won’t be successful at least you tried everything you could. Chances are 50/50. I sincerely hope you will succeed. Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Maybe I missed it, but is he not even open to you visiting him? You have a tourist visa right? Seems like the logical thing to do right now is to go see him and talk things out (assuming you can do so). And if he doesn't want you to visit, then perhaps there is something else amiss besides your distance apart... 

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

3 minutes ago, Unidentified said:

Have you even asked him if he wants you to visit?

This!!!

It might make things worse to show up unannounced at his home. And if there's someone else on the scene and she's at the house when you arrive it could be very ugly and upsetting for you.  I would suggest to them something like 'How about I come to see you for a few weeks and we can spend some time together just the two of us and talk things through and listen to one another' rather than just buying a plane ticket and arriving at his door.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
18 hours ago, Blessingsofgod said:

Dear all, 

I am new to this. I married PR in USA and he filed for spouse visa for me. Got our NOA1 and long wait for NOA2. Now he is not interested to continue this relationship and wants to file divorce. I live in Mumbai India he lives in SA Texas. I love my husband so much. Please advise what I can do to stop him from doing this. Once I live with him we will be happy but now he telling he is not having any feelings for me. He is not ready to work out. All you help will help me. 

Hello,

if you can visit please do, however do so with an open mind. i pray it works out however you cannot force him. out of sight can be out of mind for some people. but i think it is worth visiting.

all the best....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.