Jump to content

6 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello guys 

I will be having a k1 visa interview soon I just find out my passport got in contact with water and my passport will expire 2023 its still very much valid 

The water damage was not really a significant one it was just a drop on the photo of my passport that's only affected 

Will this be an issue? Pls your response is appreciated thank you !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ehiz said:

Hello guys 

I will be having a k1 visa interview soon I just find out my passport got in contact with water and my passport will expire 2023 its still very much valid 

The water damage was not really a significant one it was just a drop on the photo of my passport that's only affected 

Will this be an issue? Pls your response is appreciated thank you !!!

If you are concerned, one thing that you could try is to call your local CBP Deferred Inspection Station, explain your concern and make an appointment as necessary. They may want to see it, and make a determination from there. 

 

As far as us VJ folks, to make any comment we would have to see the damage (as would anyone), but you don't want to exhibit such personal information on the internet.

 

Good luck.


Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

> Almost 2 years of our lives involved with the USCIS/DOS "shuffle" & worth every second of it ! <

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

_______________________

:idea: Read more, post less.... Google can be your friend ! :idea:

Prior apologies if I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Keep your timeline current: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Pitaya (火龙果) said:

If you are concerned, one thing that you could try is to call your local CBP Deferred Inspection Station, explain your concern and make an appointment as necessary. They may want to see it, and make a determination from there. 

 

As far as us VJ folks, to make any comment we would have to see the damage (as would anyone), but you don't want to exhibit such personal information on the internet.

 

Good luck.

Umm...  she isn't in the  USA,  how can she visit the CBP?


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, payxibka said:

Umm...  she isn't in the  USA,  how can she visit the CBP?

Well, I guess that won't work...... What is your idea to help her?


Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

> Almost 2 years of our lives involved with the USCIS/DOS "shuffle" & worth every second of it ! <

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

_______________________

:idea: Read more, post less.... Google can be your friend ! :idea:

Prior apologies if I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Keep your timeline current: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2019 at 4:02 AM, Ehiz said:

Hello guys 

I will be having a k1 visa interview soon I just find out my passport got in contact with water and my passport will expire 2023 its still very much valid 

The water damage was not really a significant one it was just a drop on the photo of my passport that's only affected 

Will this be an issue? Pls your response is appreciated thank you !!!

If you are concern you can always apply for a new passport and have the current one cancelled. Expiring in 2023 doesn't mean you can't apply for another one if it's damaged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's honestly not that big of a deal. My passport has come into contact with water on more than one occasion. Just put it out in the Ghana heat and things should be fine. As far as i can recall, the page with all your information is somewhat water proof although i could be lying, but the legibility of that page for me has never been an issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...