celugelda

Embassy Didn’t Put Visa in Passport

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
On 5/30/2019 at 9:13 PM, celugelda said:

My fiancé got approved for his K1 visa a few weeks ago, received it in the mail, got his flight. He’s currently at the airport for his flight that was supposed to take off in 10 minutes. At check in, they asked for his visa number. He was confused since he thought it was in the sealed envelope. An hour later, on the phone with a USCIS office in Miami who gave authorization to open the envelope, they admit that the US embassy in Santiago must’ve messed up and not put his Visa in his passport.

i don’t even know what advice I’m asking for or where to even begin. The US embassy in Chile is closed since its 9 pm. At this point, he’s missed his flight, obviously. He has to apparently go back to the Embassy to get this passport stamp. I’m googling and I can’t even find this type of situation ever happening before. I’m devastated as I was supposed to have my fiancé here tomorrow after a year of waiting, and now we don’t know what’s going to happen. Has anyone ever heard of this situation before? The US Embassy somehow approving of your Visa and then.. sending you your passport without it? How long it takes to rectify the mistake? Just feeling so lost right now. 

Hello, When did you submit your Visa application?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
On 5/30/2019 at 8:19 PM, celugelda said:

Do you know how to go about this process? I’m just confused if he will need another appointment or not. It took 4 months for us to get an interview appointment. Then 2 weeks from interview to get the Visa in mail. Will they resend in mail or do it on the spot? Just don’t know wen to reschedule flight.. I don’t want to reschedule for next week and have to wait another month for visa.

It can vary by Consulate.  The petitioner can contact them by email for instructions.  It will take a few days to actually produce the visa unless they find it sitting there.  Don't schedule a flight until you are certain the actual visa is in hand.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Attached is an example of a K-1 visa I found on the internet.  I hope it is an example that is both correct and current.  The second example is, I think, a B-1 but it includes the things you should check on your K-1 visa (along with indications where each piece of information can be found).  I'm really hoping this is helpful to people and I apologize if there are better, more accurate examples somewhere on this website.

If these examples are not correct and/or current, please let me know and I can have this post nixed.  However, I thought it might be useful.

THIS SHOULD BE AFFIXED TO YOUR PASSPORT !  IF NOT, HOUSTON WE'VE GOT A PROBLEM !  CONTACT THE EMBASSY ASAP AND EFFECT REPAIR !

K-1 visa sample.png

K-1 visa (things to check).jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We did not have "Expiration date of the petition" on our visa. Once visa is issued, 129F approval expiring is really not relevant. Kinda curious what is hiding under that blackbox to the right of the WAC number. I suspect it might be A number would would be handy. Didn't have that either.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.