Bruce_in_WA

Can my fiance fly into Canada as her port of entry?

55 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

She will have a K1 Visa as well.  You can have as many visas in your passport as you have pages if you need

so they will let her into the US with intent to marry  on K1 using a Canadian Tourist Visa, I don't see that happening

ChickBoy

5 minutes ago, payxibka said:

No, she will enter Canada with a Canadian Visa and then enter the USA with a USA Visa.  It's not as complicated as you are thinking.  She simply will have to have both to do this.

Ok I can see that scenario working, maybe.

This seems like a long shot to me, I just don't see getting a Tourist Visa to Canada being that easy to get. If that was the case then you would see a mass influx of Philippines entering the US via Canada on a Tourist Visa and never going back to Canada or Philippines. 

ChickBoy

Like I said I think Mary's was about $150usb between the visa and biometric fee. It might costless to land in the US.

It took maybe a week to 10 days to get it.  I think there was some Filipino Holiday in there.

We did a land crossing in Mexico and basically she had to walk across ( i went with here as my mom came too).  No one was ahead of us but it still took about 45 minutes for they guy to do it.  He had only done one other in the 5 years he worked for DHS.  I've seen parking there at the Blaine crossing so I am sure you can park and then go in.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Falcon Cara said:

This seems like a long shot to me, I just don't see getting a Tourist Visa to Canada being that easy to get. If that was the case then you would see a mass influx of Philippines entering the US via Canada on a Tourist Visa and never going back to Canada or Philippines. 

Because they can't enter the USA on a Canadian Visa.   Your forgetting she will also possess a USA Visa, and it is the USA Visa that gives her permission to seek entry into the USA 

YMMV

22 minutes ago, Falcon Cara said:

I have never traveled to Canada in a vehicle

You should travel by bus - even more exciting!

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Bruce_in_WA said:

I live in Washington State USA,  and the closest major airport is Vancouver BC Canada.

We have been approved for our K1 fiance visa. She is from the Philippines.

We were wondering if she can fly from Manila into Vancouver, and we can cross the border into Washington State.

Can a K1 USA fiance visa have a Vancouver Canada port of entry?

Can we get special permission?

Thanks.

Instead of spending time and money to get her a transit visa, let her fly through LAX and get a connecting flight to seattle, it's just about $120.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, mniceguy16 said:

Instead of spending time and money to get her a transit visa, let her fly through LAX and get a connecting flight to seattle, it's just about $120.

Agreed,  but a connection might be what he is trying to avoid as there is a direct flight from Manila to Vancouver 

YMMV

6 minutes ago, mniceguy16 said:

Probably trying to fly one of the few airlines they have in Philippines, Most only go to Los Angles, San Francisco, New York, and New York and Vancouver directly from Philippines.

But yes I agree that would be a much much easier way to go.

ChickBoy

1 minute ago, payxibka said:

Agreed,  but a connection might be what he is trying to avoid as there is a direct flight from Manila to Vancouver 

I think being with my asawa while she processed was a big stress reliever for her.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Falcon Cara said:

Well... no, because they would need to be approved for the Canadian visitor visa which would permit them to visit Canada.

In this case I believe she would need a trv which permits up to 48 hours in Canada before you must depart to another county. I am not sure if it works to depart by land or if limited to air.  Then to leave Canada, you would need a visa to whichever other country, in this case she has a K1 to be admitted into the US.

11 hours ago, Falcon Cara said:

No, because they wouldn't be allowed to enter the US from Canada unless they have a US visa.

13 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Canada is not the US therefore not a POE. Her POE would be the land border she crosses into the US if she routes it this way.

Canada has CBP pre-clearance like Dublin abd Abu Dhabi. So it would be a POE, assuming the person is eligible to travel to Canada in the first place.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.