GOOOOOB

Two year meeting requirement. Request for additional evidence

35 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Plaxerous said:

That is such a BS reason to deny the photographs because the dates cannot be verified. If that's their reasoning, no photographs can ever be verified in the age of technology and Photoshop...

Bingo, it is a well known fact that photos are secondary evidence with little utilitarian value.

YMMV

9 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Bingo, it is a well known fact that photos are secondary evidence with little utilitarian value.

Now that you mention it, the I-129F never mentions attaching photos explicitly outside of the Passport Photo :rolleyes:

On 5/29/2019 at 2:55 PM, Adam.T said:

Thank you for your reply. I was thinking the same thing, about the evidence looking good.

All we have from our time in Japan, apart from the passport stamps and our residence cards, is photographs, which USCIS cannot date verify.  

Thanks again for your reply. You have eased my mind a little!

It seems you have more than enough evidence. Hopefully it is just the passport issue...

I think organization is also - important...
1) don't provide too much of the same evidence (one or two photos together from one trip is enough)
2) don't provide irrelevant information (eg a hotel booking in her name in the US doesn't prove you were there)
3) provide a cover sheet for each visit - title it with who was visiting where and when (eg X's visit to USA from Y date to Z date)

then list each item of evidence (we put each on a separate sheet, and numbered each one), we also explained what each was (eg "Boarding pass on flight from London Heathrow to Charlotte NC dated 11 May 2018")

For each trip we included photographs (some of which had partial implied dates in them, eg xmas tree etc, or a specific sports game with a date that could be looked up if they wished), tickets, boarding passes, passport stamps, i94.

If you did any facebook posts, these are an additional bit of evidence you could use. We used these during ROC, eg we had tickets on Eurostar to Paris (in both our names), passport stamp for my wife (as EU passport holder I didn't get one, which we explained), plus FB post of a picture of us in front of Arc de Triumphe, which obviously showed date too, which tied up with our Eurostar tickets. It would have been difficult to fake, as the page showed a side bar with other posts we'd made (at other attractions), comments from family and friends etc - so was more evidential than the picture alone.

--- k1 visa ---
Texas Service Center (Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here)
I-129F sent: 12 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA1: 15 Aug 2014
I-129F NOA2: 2 Mar 2015 (199 days from NOA1) **No RFEs!**
NVC Received: 19 Mar 2015
Case#, IIN, BIN assigned: 19 Mar 2015
NVC Left: 20 Mar 2015
Consultate Received: 23 Mar 2015
Package 3 Received: 26 Mar 2015
Medical: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 3 Sent: 10 Apr 2015
Packet 4 Received: 23 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 8 May 2015 (Approved!!!)
Visa Issued: 14 May 2015
Visa in Hand: 19 May 2015
Entry to USA: 5 Jun 2015
Married: 21 Jun 2015

---Adjustment of Status---
Sent I-485, I-131 and I-765: 7 Jul 2015
NOA1 for I-485, I-131 and I-765: 14 Jul 2015
Email notification that I-765 was approved: 12 Sep 2015
Email notification that I-131 was approved: 15 Sep 2015
Email notification that EAD/AP combo card was mailed: 15 Sep 2015
EAD and AP combo card received: 18 Sep 2015
Green Card Received: 3 Dec 2015 [ :)] Previous letter stated interview requirement was likely to be waived

---Removal of Conditions---
Sent I-751: 13 Oct 2017
NOA1 for I-751: 23 Oct 2017

Biometrics: 20 Nov 2017
Approved: 20 Dec 2018

Green Card Received: 2 Jan 2019

-- Citizenship --
Filed Online: 21 Feb 2020
NOA1 (Online): 22 Feb 2020
Biometrics: 10 Mar 2020

Interview: 29 Jul 2020 (Approved - Oath taken immediately due to covid19)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, Limey said:

It seems you have more than enough evidence. Hopefully it is just the passport issue...

I think organization is also - important...
1) don't provide too much of the same evidence (one or two photos together from one trip is enough)
2) don't provide irrelevant information (eg a hotel booking in her name in the US doesn't prove you were there)
3) provide a cover sheet for each visit - title it with who was visiting where and when (eg X's visit to USA from Y date to Z date)

then list each item of evidence (we put each on a separate sheet, and numbered each one), we also explained what each was (eg "Boarding pass on flight from London Heathrow to Charlotte NC dated 11 May 2018")

For each trip we included photographs (some of which had partial implied dates in them, eg xmas tree etc, or a specific sports game with a date that could be looked up if they wished), tickets, boarding passes, passport stamps, i94.

If you did any facebook posts, these are an additional bit of evidence you could use. We used these during ROC, eg we had tickets on Eurostar to Paris (in both our names), passport stamp for my wife (as EU passport holder I didn't get one, which we explained), plus FB post of a picture of us in front of Arc de Triumphe, which obviously showed date too, which tied up with our Eurostar tickets. It would have been difficult to fake, as the page showed a side bar with other posts we'd made (at other attractions), comments from family and friends etc - so was more evidential than the picture alone.

Thank you very much for you response. My fiancee is very close to sending the RFE back to USCIS, this will probably happen tomorrow, and she has presented the evidence almost exactly as you have suggested here. 

So thanks again for your help and input on this. I didn't think the RFE could be so stressful but it has been and this forum has definitely helped in reducing our stress levels!

I'll keep the forum updated as to our progress.

Thank you!

7 hours ago, Plaxerous said:

Now that you mention it, the I-129F never mentions attaching photos explicitly outside of the Passport Photo :rolleyes:

Exactly.  We sent NONE.

I’m totally with @Wuozopo on this one - I think it’s just the missing passport page that got you pulled up for an RFE...

The only ‘evidence’ me and my fiancé submitted was 5 photos, with names of people in them, location and date written below - and flight itineraries for our visits back and forth...neither of which in hindsight actually proves we’d met in the five years, as it showed we’d booked flights, but not that we’d actually travelled...but we luckily didn’t get an RFE. So yeah, I would hope your missing passport pages would be enough. I wonder if you’d not included it at all, whether you’d not have got the RFE...like, incomplete document = we need to see the rest of the document...no document = nothing, cause they’ve not seen the document. Maybe, maybe not. I think a lot of it depends on who looked at your file and what mood they were in that day.

City: Nittany Lion Country Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 5/29/2019 at 2:33 PM, Adam.T said:

Furthermore, you provided what appear to be foreign passport pages with stamps, but you did not provide a copy of the passport bio page which precludes USCIS from identifying who the passport page belongs to..."

I find this odd for an RFE.

Since there is no way to show BOTH the bio page and the entry stamps together, why does taking a random photo of a bio page and a random photo of an entry page somehow 'link' them?

Other than the bio page, there is absolutely no way to tell in which passport the entry stamps are in.

Timeline
2 hours ago, SmallTownPA said:

Since there is no way to show BOTH the bio page and the entry stamps together, why does taking a random photo of a bio page and a random photo of an entry page somehow 'link' them?

Other than the bio page, there is absolutely no way to tell in which passport the entry stamps are in.

My passport, which is a late 2015 UK one, has the passport number perforated through every page. So with the bio page they can link the stamps to the picture with the passport number. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
9 hours ago, SmallTownPA said:

I totally agree with you and thought the same thing 10 years ago when I started the K1 route, yet they continue to say all pages of the passport for various things.  

Timeline
On 6/3/2019 at 3:11 PM, Plaxerous said:

That is such a BS reason to deny the photographs because the dates cannot be verified. If that's their reasoning, no photographs can ever be verified in the age of technology and Photoshop...

In addition to the missing passport bio page, it seems you're missing ticket stubs, whether by airplane or train, that both you and your fiancee took together.

Again, I think this RFE is BS since their reason for writing off missing or inconclusive evidence is weak. This is worrisome especially since the UK is a trusted country. The entry/exit Passport stamp is usually a strong indication of an in-person visit...

When we have travelled together it has been by car, either in her car or a rental car. We have never travelled together by plane as we currently live in different countries and when we do travel by plane, it is only one of us who is travelling. 

What we do have however is reservations from hotels and restaurants, with pictures of us at the restaurants and hotels with the name of the place clearly visible in the pictures. These are also crossed referenced with messages between me and my fiancee, messages between her and her friends, and transactions on both of our credit card statements. 

We also have testimonies from people who have seen us together, email confirmations from both United and American airlines confirming that I took the flights that were in the itineraries. 

We have gathered lots of evidence for three in person meetings and this has been sent back to USCIS, it was posted yesterday. Now we are back to the waiting game... 

2 minutes ago, Adam.T said:

When we have travelled together it has been by car, either in her car or a rental car. We have never travelled together by plane as we currently live in different countries and when we do travel by plane, it is only one of us who is travelling. 

What we do have however is reservations from hotels and restaurants, with pictures of us at the restaurants and hotels with the name of the place clearly visible in the pictures. These are also crossed referenced with messages between me and my fiancee, messages between her and her friends, and transactions on both of our credit card statements. 

We also have testimonies from people who have seen us together, email confirmations from both United and American airlines confirming that I took the flights that were in the itineraries. 

We have gathered lots of evidence for three in person meetings and this has been sent back to USCIS, it was posted yesterday. Now we are back to the waiting game... 

Boarding passes are important because it shows one of you going to visit the other in their country. 

Timeline
Just now, Jaquelly said:

Boarding passes are important because it shows one of you going to visit the other in their country. 

Most of my boarding passes have been lost, due to my phone restarting, but we have included the only surviving one along with the confirmation of travel letter from the airline.

Just now, Adam.T said:

Most of my boarding passes have been lost, due to my phone restarting, but we have included the only surviving one along with the confirmation of travel letter from the airline.

I believe we sent whatever boarding passes we had and also confirmation emails, hotel confirmations, etc. Our proof wasn't a bunch of pictures and stuff - just the evidence that backed up our passport stamps. :) You'll get through this. RFEs suck but at least you know they looked at your case.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Adam.T said:

One of the reasons I always have my boarding pass sent to my email 

YMMV

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

I believe we sent whatever boarding passes we had and also confirmation emails, hotel confirmations, etc. Our proof wasn't a bunch of pictures and stuff - just the evidence that backed up our passport stamps. :) You'll get through this. RFEs suck but at least you know they looked at your case.

Well, our RFE has been sent back to them. It includes scans of both our passports, with stamps from Japan from both our passports from when we were living there, scans of my passport stamps for the US,  our bank statements which show that we were together spending money at the same places and times, statements from family and friends saying that they have witnessed us together as a couple with picture evidence to back these statements up. We also have her written statement talking about how we met and my visits to the US. We have screenshots of messages referring to travel taken together, between us and between friends and some of these messages include pictures of us together in front of places which are highlighted on our bank statements. We also have confirmation emails from United and American airlines confirming that I did indeed travel on the flights indicated on the itineraries including the only surviving boarding pass that I have. We have email confirmations from hotel bookings, crossed referenced with transactions on bank statements and backed up with a picture of us at the hotel, which is mentioned in the email confirmation, with the name of the hotel clearly visible. We have email confirmations of ticket purchase for the US F1 last year, with campsite reservations, transactions on our bank statements and a picture of us at the track. 

So, I hope we have enough to prove to them we have met in person. If not it's too late as the RFE has now been sent!

8 minutes ago, payxibka said:

One of the reasons I always have my boarding pass sent to my email 

The only one that I had left was emailed to me. And it has been included.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.