CCCCCF

AOS Interview documents - Naturalized US citizen document

21 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Khai28 said:

Yes i did and prior to that i submitted it as well on the last packet they sent me before the interview.  

So you brought a copy of naturalization, and us passport ( original and copy) on the day of interview and they are totally fine with it?

I751:

Mailed: 3th May 2021

Delivered: 5th May 2021

Rejected due to missing signature: 26th May 2021

Resend: 26th May 2021

Delivered: 28th May 2021

2 minutes ago, CCCCCF said:

So you brought a copy of naturalization, and us passport ( original and copy) on the day of interview and they are totally fine with it?

I brought photocopy of naturalization, us passport, tax returns and i-134(scanned) during the interview. .  They didnt ask for it though because i had it submitted prior to interview.   All photocopied. 

5 minutes ago, Khai28 said:

I brought photocopy of naturalization, us passport, tax returns and i-134(scanned) during the interview. .  They didnt ask for it though because i had it submitted prior to interview.   All photocopied. 

thank you so much! 

I feel relieved now! I was so scared that we could ruin this because we lost the original certificate of naturalization.

thank you again.

I751:

A USA passport is prima facie evidence of American citizenship however USCIS/State Departement have been known sometimes to insist on the Certificate of Naturalization. There is a poster on immigrationhelp who is currently facing that problem. I have also seen the same problem somewhere else I do not recollect. I will not post the link here because immigrationhelp is a competitor website.

An unexpired United States passport issued for 5 or 10 years is now considered prima facie evidence of U.S. citizenship. Because it does not provide the actual basis upon which citizenship was acquired or derived, the submission of additional documentation may be required or the passport file may be requested.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/err/E2 - Applications for Certification of Citizenship/Decisions_Issued_in_2010/Feb172010_01E2309.pdf

They sometimes request other documentation because the basis upon which citizenship was acquired/derived may be material to the situation at hand.

Edited by Just Observing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

IMHO have Naturalization and passport with you, and i'd just in case have Birth Cert translated and have it too. It's USCIS you're dealing with. Rather have all bases covered than have some kind of delay. But on the other hand as K1Visahope said, it's not necessary and one of them should do just fine. 

I did my N400 (off topic) without any lawyer or VJ, just straight up what USCIS asked for, and got through it. So sometimes, it's bad to overthink..

9 minutes ago, The_Empyrean said:

IMHO have Naturalization and passport with you, and i'd just in case have Birth Cert translated and have it too. It's USCIS you're dealing with. Rather have all bases covered than have some kind of delay. But on the other hand as K1Visahope said, it's not necessary and one of them should do just fine. 

I did my N400 (off topic) without any lawyer or VJ, just straight up what USCIS asked for, and got through it. So sometimes, it's bad to overthink..

thanks!I will find a way to get as much prepared as we can.

I751:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.