nharris3428

Travel arrangements from Morocco to Los Angeles

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am curious if anyone knows how the travel arrangements need to be made from Morocco  to the United States? If my fiancé’s visa is only good for coming to the United States, and there are no direct flights, how does the process work if he say he goes through Paris?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 minutes ago, nharris3428 said:

I am curious if anyone knows how the travel arrangements need to be made from Morocco  to the United States? If my fiancé’s visa is only good for coming to the United States, and there are no direct flights, how does the process work if he say he goes through Paris?

Gotta see if he needs a transit Visa.  Morocco- NYC - LAX should be available 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Moving from K1 to Travel During US Immigration forum ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

He can transit through the EU (Paris, Frankfurt, Madrid  and Amsterdam are common transit stops when flying from Morocco) without a transit visa as long as the flights are booked under the same ticket (so he doesn't need to re-check luggage). He will need to stay within the transit area of the airport. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

When you have a valid US visa , you can layover in Paris without a transit visa 

but watch for flights that make you change airports as then you need transit visa

this is French site

look under "do not need a visa if"

https://france-visas.gouv.fr/en_US/web/france-visas/airport-transit-visa

Edited by adil-rafa

Timeline

if he transits thru Canada several airports like Montreal do customs and immigration for the US  in compliance with US regulations

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/international-visitors/know-before-you-visit

Timeline
9 hours ago, RJandHamid said:

He can transit through the EU (Paris, Frankfurt, Madrid  and Amsterdam are common transit stops when flying from Morocco) without a transit visa as long as the flights are booked under the same ticket (so he doesn't need to re-check luggage). He will need to stay within the transit area of the airport. 

Thank you very much! I am doing some preliminary research for the best options. In his case, he speaks fluent French so going through Paris would be the best. Any recommendations on airlines that are not astronomical? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, adil-rafa said:

if he transits thru Canada several airports like Montreal do customs and immigration for the US  in compliance with US regulations

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/international-visitors/know-before-you-visit

Thank you for this! How exactly would that work? If he flew from Morocco to Canada, we he be able to cross the border with me if I met him at the airport or? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

When you have a valid US visa , you can layover in Paris without a transit visa 

but watch for flights that make you change airports as then you need transit visa

this is French site

look under "do not need a visa if"

https://france-visas.gouv.fr/en_US/web/france-visas/airport-transit-visa

Thank you for this! I have begun some preliminary research on flights, (getting ahead of myself, but I am so excited and hopeful). I'm trying to find the best option that does not require him to change airports. Any recommendations are appreciated. This site has been a big help, I can't thank you all enough. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, nharris3428 said:

Thank you for this! How exactly would that work? If he flew from Morocco to Canada, we he be able to cross the border with me if I met him at the airport or? 

yes,  if he was precleared at the Canadian airport ,   means he has already gone thru customs

border security would do normal checks

Timeline
14 hours ago, adil-rafa said:

yes,  if he was precleared at the Canadian airport ,   means he has already gone thru customs

border security would do normal checks

I should say the K1 is only 1 time entry so if he transits in canada he should fly out to nearest airport to you 

it could be an issue of trying to enter US 2 times (some border people feel they must go strictly "by the rules"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.