Olichka

Intereview Scheduled - month after AOS filing ! HELP

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey everyone,

So I'm very excited and cannot believe this is happening right now. Husband had his biometrics a little over week ago ( May 6th) and today I received an email that there has been a status change. I lookked at for the I-485 it says that the interview has been scheduled and notice was mailed.

I'm thinking this is for real. Is there any catch ? Is this pure luck ? 

Now I am thinking of what to bring to the interview. 

1. I added my husband as an authorized user on my credit card
  2. I added him to my phone plan ( that my parents are also on)
  3. We live with my parents and I so he got a couple of letters sent to our house
  4. We just had a small wedding with a good amount of guests ( I can bring pictures)
  5. We were invited to a first communion and our names are on the invitation ( should i even bring this?)

...and that is it ! We have only been married for a little under 2 months so there isn't much I can show. Any ideas ?

Also, if we are approved ( and I hope we will be) when will the green card arrive ? Does that mean that cancels out the AP and EAD ?

24 minutes ago, Olichka said:

Hey everyone,

So I'm very excited and cannot believe this is happening right now. Husband had his biometrics a little over week ago ( May 6th) and today I received an email that there has been a status change. I lookked at for the I-485 it says that the interview has been scheduled and notice was mailed.

3. We live with my parents and I so he got a couple of letters sent to our house
  4. We just had a small wedding with a good amount of guests ( I can bring pictures)
  5. We were invited to a first communion and our names are on the invitation ( should i even bring this?)

...and that is it ! We have only been married for a little under 2 months so there isn't much I can show. Any ideas ?

Also, if we are approved ( and I hope we will be) when will the green card arrive ? Does that mean that cancels out the AP and EAD ?

Wow, congratulations! That is wonderful news. You guys had great luck! The Green Card does cancel out the Advance Parole and Employment Authorization - correct. And in regards to what to bring, you should be able to find forums on here that explain what to do.

Edited by barashka

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, barashka said:

Wow, congratulations! That is wonderful news. You guys had great luck! The Green Card does cancel out the Advance Parole and Employment Authorization - correct.

That's perfect...I hope everything goes well !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Olichka said:

Hey everyone,

Green card eliminates the EAD/AP

YMMV

USCIS will see that you guys were married for a short amount of time and that you had a very quick interview date. Bring as much evidence as you can for that short time period because it is clear that they gave you guys an interview date rather quickly and that was out of your hands so I am sure they will understand if you don't have that much evidence to show. You should be able to find forums on here that explain what to do and what to bring for the interview. Good luck and again, congrats on the great news!

42 minutes ago, Olichka said:

Hey everyone,

The thing is, most evidence that they ask for depends on having a SSN. What you can do is: 

- Open a joint bank account

- Add him as a user to the credit cards like you did

- make sure your IDs match (address)

- add him to your health insurance if you have one

- Add him as a beneficiary to your 401K if you have one

- Add him as a beneficiary to your life insurance if you have one

- List him as emergency contact at work 

- Bring a lot of pictures

- Maybe a couple of signed (and notarized) affidavits from friends that know the two of you

Naturalization

Day 000 - 12/28/2023 Package Filed

Day 000 - 12/28/2023 Biometrics Reused

Day 038 - 02/03/2024 Interview Notice

Day 085 - 03/21/2024 N-400 Interview

Day 085 - 03/21/2024 Oath Scheduled

Day 117 - 04/22/2024 Oath Ceremony

ROC 

Day 000 - 10/04/2021 Package mailed

Day 002 - 10/06/2021 Package arrived at Phoenix PO Box

Day 002 - 10/06/2021 NOA1 Date

Day 004 - 10/08/2021 Credit card charged

Day 012 - 10/16/2021 NOA1 Received

Day 016 - 10/20/2021 Notification that biometrics were waived

Day 035 - 11/08/2021 Biometrics waived NOA received

Day 696 - 08/31/2023 NOA Approval Received

Day 702 - 09/06/2023 Green card in hand

AOS 

Day 000 - 04/08/2019 Package mailed

Day 001 - 04/09/2019 Packaged delivered to Chicago Lockbox via Fedex

Day 010 - 04/17/2019 Check cashed

Day 035 - 05/12/2019 NOA1 received in the mail

Day 047 - 05/24/2019 Biometrics notice received in the mail for 06/05/2019

Day 051 - 05/28/2019 Biometrics - Early walk-in

Day 119 - 08/02/2019 InfoPass to apply for Emergency AP (Approved)

Day 120 - 08/03/2019 EAD Card in production

Day 179 - 10/03/2019 Interview Notice

Day 213 - 11/06/2019 Interview 

Day 219 - 11/12/2019 I-130 & I-485 Approval Notice Received (Approved 11/06/2019)

Day 220 - 11/13/2019 Email Notification (Card was mailed)

Day 221 - 11/14/2019 Green card in hand

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, Olichka said:

Hey everyone,

Hi and congrats. Yes, this is for real. Mine is moving super fast, too! Less than 82 days from filing to interview, which is next week. Not sure if it's luck, but I have been seeing more post recently about people getting approved very quickly.

What you have listed so far sounds good. Try to open a joint account, or at least add him to your existing account. Some banks don't require a SSN. The interview appointment letter will list the specific evidence they are looking for. With what you have, I think you'll be fine. Good luck!

c9 AOS Concurrently filed I-130 & I-130A, I-485, I-131, I-765

2019-02-21 Package sent to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx

2019-03-09 Notice received via USPS

2019-03-15 Biometrics Appointment Notice received

2019-03-26 Attended Biometrics Appointment

2019-04-01 Case is ready to to be scheduled for an interview

2019-04-22 Interview Notice received via USPS

2019-05-20 Interview: Approved after 82 days.

2019-05-21 Card in production

2019-05-22 Card was mailed to you (no tracking)

2019-05-29 Green Card in hand.

I-751 Removal of Conditions

2021-03-23 Package Sent via FedEx

2021-04-01 Package Received Texas Service Center

2021-04-21 I-797C Notice Date

2021-04-26 Notice Received via USPS

2021-05-04 Biometrics were reused

2021-11-16 New card is being produced

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.