moreadore

Six months, we hired a lawyer

47 posts in this topic

On 5/16/2019 at 9:28 AM, moreadore said:

It's on any thread about extended ap. Everyone parrots the same lines like it's any help without ever taking the time to learn each case before they jump in with their own preconceived opinions. I quickly called Amanda's case as going to resolve quickly as I took the time to talk to her in private and follow her threads and she was in AP for maybe 5 or 6 weeks? Everybody else just "it's a black hole etc etc"

67 days I was in AP before my senator raising a congressional inquiry got a result. My visa had been approved a month before I got it

Edited by AmandaandChayne

Late 2016: Met playing Clash of Kings the West

Feb 2017: Started online "dating"

May 2017: Met in Orlando

July 2017: Arkansas and Seminole (1 night) visit

October 2017: Washington DC visit.

December 2017: Seminole OKC home visit and Amanda  met Chayne's kids and dad.

January 2018:  York England visit Chayne met Amanda's son.

April 2018: London/Paris/York visit we got engaged on April 6th!!

April 19th 2018: packet sent

April 23rd 2018: USPS say packet signed for.

April 25th 2018: Electronic NOA1 received 

April 26th 2018: Cheque Cashed

April 30th 2018: hard copy NOA1 received

June 2018: Seminole visit, Amanda met Chayne's  adult son

event.png

On 5/16/2019 at 9:44 AM, Going through said:

.  I think people say it's a black hole because there's really no accurate way to predict how long AP will take...like you saw yourself, Amanda was in AP or 5-6 weeks.  Some members have reported being in AP for a year plus.

I was actually in AP 67 days 

event.png

13 hours ago, AmandaandChayne said:

67 days I was in AP before my senator raising a congressional inquiry got a result. My visa had been approved a month before I got it

Im glad your AP was resolved quickly and your senator did something useful.

14 minutes ago, moreadore said:

Im glad your AP was resolved quickly and your senator did something useful.

I’m so sorry yours hasn’t been yet it’s crazy. All I can think is it has to be name issues. 

Turns out the most likely cause of my delay was some civil servant putting spaces between my first and two middle names on the DHS system because it’s caused me to need to be manually  verified  when getting my ssn initially and then again when updating it to my married name. Expecting further delays because they havent fixed it. 

Edited by AmandaandChayne

event.png

4 minutes ago, AmandaandChayne said:

I’m so sorry yours hasn’t been yet it’s crazy. All I can think is it has to be name issues. 

Turns out the most likely cause of my delay was some civil servant putting spaces between my first and two middle names on the DHS system because it’s caused me to need to be manually  verified  when getting my ssn initially and then again when updating it to my married name. Expecting further delays because they havent fixed it. 

I'm betting more and more it's because my fiance does not have a middle name at all it's so insane that with his fingerprints, birthday, all this personal information they have on him and it still takes more than half a year and still can't verify he is not some other person because of a middle name.

3 minutes ago, moreadore said:

I'm betting more and more it's because my fiance does not have a middle name at all it's so insane that with his fingerprints, birthday, all this personal information they have on him and it still takes more than half a year and still can't verify he is not some other person because of a middle name.

I reckon so and I meant not putting spaces so they have me as  amandajanelouise on dhs. 

He may just be unlucky enough to share a name and a birthday with someone else, but you’re right the fingerprints should do it!! I have a small clue what you must be feeling but feel so horrid for you that no one has been able to help!! Sending good thoughts your way 

event.png

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

Hi @moreadore, have you had any progress on your case? Fingers crossed for you!

Yes we have. Wanted to wait until visa was in hand.... but since this thread has seen some new activity now, we were asked two weeks ago for my fiance to have a new medical (on his way home from London now) and send back his passport with my reaffirmation letter (pick up tomorrow). Lawyers work... at least competent ones do 🙉 🙈🙊

2 hours ago, moreadore said:

Yes we have. Wanted to wait until visa was in hand.... but since this thread has seen some new activity now, we were asked two weeks ago for my fiance to have a new medical (on his way home from London now) and send back his passport with my reaffirmation letter (pick up tomorrow). Lawyers work... at least competent ones do 🙉 🙈🙊

That’s fantastic news! So pleased for you! 🎉🎉🎉

3 hours ago, moreadore said:

Sounds like perhaps they misplaced documents or lost/mixed up your medical.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

1 hour ago, yuna628 said:

Sounds like perhaps they misplaced documents or lost/mixed up your medical.

They had it at the interview as my fiance received his disc but it expired in April as it passed 6 month mark. 

Edited by moreadore

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 5/13/2019 at 6:25 PM, moreadore said:

This week marks six whole months of administrative processing post successful interview with no 221g so we hired a lawyer last week. We're hoping for some good news as she was completely blown away by some of the things the embassy has said to us (like that the visa was issued in January), the fact that our case is so clean cut (no criminal records etc, no divorces, no previous filings) and nothing was ever requested after the fact and our case has never once been updated on the CEAC site. So, here's to hoping she gets some answers and results as two senators and my congressman have abandoned their support for our case. 😏

Tell your lawyer to file for mandamus law suit

On 5/14/2019 at 12:25 AM, moreadore said:

This week marks six whole months of administrative processing post successful interview with no 221g so we hired a lawyer last week. We're hoping for some good news as she was completely blown away by some of the things the embassy has said to us (like that the visa was issued in January), the fact that our case is so clean cut (no criminal records etc, no divorces, no previous filings) and nothing was ever requested after the fact and our case has never once been updated on the CEAC site. So, here's to hoping she gets some answers and results as two senators and my congressman have abandoned their support for our case. 😏

We are in the same boat. And have been in AP for 6 months now. I am not sure what to do. Our case now says non immigrant AP supposed to be a good sign but yet they haven't updated the case since April 24th... 😞 I had to fly over seas now and have left my business behind and lost a lot of money. Any advise? 

4 hours ago, Serena wehbi said:

We are in the same boat. And have been in AP for 6 months now. I am not sure what to do. Our case now says non immigrant AP supposed to be a good sign but yet they haven't updated the case since April 24th... 😞 I had to fly over seas now and have left my business behind and lost a lot of money. Any advise? 

I think a lot depends on the country you’re from - can’t see from your profile - whilst six months AP is excessive for the average beneficiary from the UK, it may be entirely normal, depending on the country you interviewed in...

18 hours ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

I think a lot depends on the country you’re from - can’t see from your profile - whilst six months AP is excessive for the average beneficiary from the UK, it may be entirely normal, depending on the country you interviewed in...

Thanks for the info. My fiance is from Lebanon. I do believe it's taking a lot longer than expected specially when a fiance visa should be faster than others. But I guess it's all the same now. 

Still hoping they will call us soon. 🤞

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.