Zoeeeeeee

Oh my gaaaawd, I just realised what today is!

10 posts in this topic

So, been distracted with a family reunion today and totally forgot to post or message @LukeUearlier...but today’s the day he flew out to start his new life in Michigan!

Not certain if his landed yet but if not, he will be soon, so huge good luck to you and Courtney, Luke. You’ve been a great friend and such a helpful poster on here! Looking forward to hearing about your POE!

On 5/11/2019 at 10:02 PM, Zoeeeeeee said:

So, been distracted with a family reunion today and totally forgot to post or message @LukeUearlier...but today’s the day he flew out to start his new life in Michigan!

Not certain if his landed yet but if not, he will be soon, so huge good luck to you and Courtney, Luke. You’ve been a great friend and such a helpful poster on here! Looking forward to hearing about your POE!

Landed! Sorry I've been MIA. It turns out I had a little more to unpack than I thought I packed (and I knew I packed 35+ Crunchy bars so....) ! All unpacked now and just hunting around for bits to put together for tea "dinner".  Managed to walk the dog and not get completely lost, google maps helped 😉 

Thank you for the post!! :D

On 5/12/2019 at 12:01 AM, Wuozopo said:

I hope they didn't send you back mate. 🇺🇸

The POE was insane! Honestly, never gone through DTW as quick. Straight to the Visa line and only 1 person infront of me, I was stepped off the plane and was through arrivals door within 25 minutes literally! 

Handed my envelope over, didn't ask for the medical X-ray CD or anything, asked me Courtney's name and what she does and then we spoke about the UP of Michigan and through I was. "Welcome to America, you have 90 days to Marry. Have a good day"  Again, I was aghast "Is that it? I'm done?" 

Edited by LukeU

Summary:

Filed I129f: 06/09/2018

NOA2 dated: 11/29/2018

NVC Case #: Fianceé (USC) Called and received it: 01/08/2019

Case Shipped: 01/08/2019

Case Received: 01/15/2019

Medical: 02/08/2019

Interview: 03/11/2019 - Approved

Visa In Hand: 03/15/2019

US Entry: 05/11/2019 - DTW

Marriage: 06/22/2019

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 08/02/2019

NOA1: 08/09/2019

RFE: 09/29/2019

Biometrics: 09/30/2019

Interview Letter Received: 11/02/2019

Interview Date: 12/09/2019

AOS Approval Date: 01/04/2020 (Assuming - that's the valid date on my card)

Green Card Received: 01/08/2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, LukeU said:

and I knew I packed 35+ Crunchy bars so

My wife's favorite. I gave her some for Easter. I gave myself a big Cadbury's egg. 😂 

Welcome to the USA.

17 hours ago, LukeU said:

Landed! Sorry I've been MIA. It turns out I had a little more to unpack than I thought I packed (and I knew I packed 35+ Crunchy bars so....) ! All unpacked now and just hunting around for bits to put together for tea "dinner".  Managed to walk the dog and not get completely lost, google maps helped 😉 

Thank you for the post!! :D

The POE was insane! Honestly, never gone through DTW as quick. Straight to the Visa line and only 1 person infront of me, I was stepped off the plane and was through arrivals door within 25 minutes literally! 

Handed my envelope over, didn't ask for the medical X-ray CD or anything, asked me Courtney's name and what she does and then we spoke about the UP of Michigan and through I was. "Welcome to America, you have 90 days to Marry. Have a good day"  Again, I was aghast "Is that it? I'm done?" 

Don’t worry mate, thought you’d be MIA for much longer! 

Glad your POE was so easy. Are you finding it weird yet, the not really having anything to do (the no job/no car thing)? Or do you have stuff to keep busy with so far?

24 minutes ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

Don’t worry mate, thought you’d be MIA for much longer! 

Glad your POE was so easy. Are you finding it weird yet, the not really having anything to do (the no job/no car thing)? Or do you have stuff to keep busy with so far?

Oh no not at all. I mean during a lot of my previous trips Courtney had to work at times so I got used to it then to some extent.

It's different (better) now though as there's so much to do, from prepping tea, cleaning, sorting stuff out, uni work and even just walking to dog. It feels different but it's not bad different :) 

Summary:

Filed I129f: 06/09/2018

NOA2 dated: 11/29/2018

NVC Case #: Fianceé (USC) Called and received it: 01/08/2019

Case Shipped: 01/08/2019

Case Received: 01/15/2019

Medical: 02/08/2019

Interview: 03/11/2019 - Approved

Visa In Hand: 03/15/2019

US Entry: 05/11/2019 - DTW

Marriage: 06/22/2019

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 08/02/2019

NOA1: 08/09/2019

RFE: 09/29/2019

Biometrics: 09/30/2019

Interview Letter Received: 11/02/2019

Interview Date: 12/09/2019

AOS Approval Date: 01/04/2020 (Assuming - that's the valid date on my card)

Green Card Received: 01/08/2020

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
18 hours ago, LukeU said:

Oh no not at all. I mean during a lot of my previous trips Courtney had to work at times so I got used to it then to some extent.

It's different (better) now though as there's so much to do, from prepping tea, cleaning, sorting stuff out, uni work and even just walking to dog. It feels different but it's not bad different :) 

Glad to here it and hope it stays that way and you settle into your new life, and it becomes home for you 

21 hours ago, LukeU said:

I’ve been quite lucky in that Herschell has always been able to take holiday when I’ve been there, excluding a couple of days...but on those couple of days, I got a bit bored and restless...I’m probably not cut out for K1 life! 😂

Glad you’re settling in well - and keep us posted on the wedding and your AOS!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.