TBoneTX

Form DS-5535 "Supplemental Questions for Visa Applicants" -- Part 2

1,370 posts in this topic

I just read the article I agree for it to go into effect might not practically be possible not saying impossible  though but still believe they're talking about the applications from my understanding most people have got their applications or petitions approved they're just doing the vetting which is delaying the visa issuance for people here don't know what's going to happen to the applications at USCIS. Family based immigration categories might be Ltd but for immediate relatives I believe vetting is the only way so far.

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/benefits-for-skilled-workers-in-donald-trumps-new-merit-based-immigration-plan-2038860

I have come across two more NDTV articles the cut down may effect the extended family categories as in one of the articles he states spouses and children are prioritized they go right to the front of the line where they should be. This may cause issues for many families seeking to reunite though may Allah bless us all n help us amen.

Timeline
On 5/17/2019 at 4:43 PM, Sagittarius said:

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/benefits-for-skilled-workers-in-donald-trumps-new-merit-based-immigration-plan-2038860

I have come across two more NDTV articles the cut down may effect the extended family categories as in one of the articles he states spouses and children are prioritized they go right to the front of the line where they should be. This may cause issues for many families seeking to reunite though may Allah bless us all n help us amen.

The question that comes to my mind is, will the spouse and children who are moved to the front of the line also be required to meet the qualifications he is taking about here?  Exactly what are those qualifications? The last time I saw him state what they would be, I myself, an American born citizen, wouldn’t even qualify for a visa (not that I need one) but my point is that he made it nearly impossible in that older article.

DEAB

1 minute ago, deab said:

The question that comes to my mind is, will the spouse and children who are moved to the front of the line also be required to meet the qualifications he is taking about here?  Exactly what are those qualifications? The last time I saw him state what they would be, I myself, an American born citizen, wouldn’t even qualify for a visa (not that I need one) but my point is that he made it nearly impossible in that older article.

Nope USC spouse and minor children only need to meet income requirements and go through vetting as it is now but yes spouse and children of LPRs may need to which is ironic

I also understood the same thing but I went again and re-read the article which said that USC who do not meet income requirements may not be able to sponsor immediate relatives and parents of USC may not get sponsored either adult children may also lose the benefit so only family based immigration categories left open are spouse and minor children of USC who meet defined requirements not educational or skills but spouse of LPRs do need to meet these requirements I have read 3 articles all of them state the same facts in different words basically IR1 and IR2 will be scrutinized closely as they already are but rest I mean GOD forbid if this goes into action its gonna be tough lol have waited for nearly a decade eliminating their applications is so so sad plus spouses and minor children of USC are going to STAY in the front of the line not moved as he said right where they have been.

Edited by Sagittarius

59 minutes ago, deab said:

The family based immigration categories talked about in the article doesn't mention immediate relatives category other than parents and adult children of USC which are likely to be eliminated basically his point is to make the immigration pretty much like other countries where u only give immigration based of skills and education and only ppl who can get immigration benefits are spouse and children 

More than 3.6 million people are waiting in family-based immigration preference backlogs as of November 1, 2018, according to the U.S. Department of State. Approximately 2.2 million are in the category for siblings of U.S. citizens, about 950,000 are the adult children of U.S. citizens and about 470,000 are spouses and minor or adult unmarried children of lawful permanent residents. The applications of these individuals and families would be eliminated. Mexico, the Philippines, India, Vietnam and China and the leading countries of origin for people in the family backlogs.

Not only is no legislative text available but the “immediate relatives” category for the spouses, parents and children under age 21 is sensitive to requirements related to “public charge” determinations.

A Department of Homeland Security proposed regulation on public charge is more far-reaching and could make it much more difficult for the spouses and children of U.S. citizens to gain admission. (Parents of U.S. citizens would no longer be admitted as “immediate relatives” under the administration proposal.)

Edited by Sagittarius

7 hours ago, Sagittarius said:

I'm sorry I believe I have show too much energy and insight into this possible issue I actually happen to be a reader and I read deep. Bottom line is stay positive pray and leave it Allah whatever happens happens for good stay optimistic  you all :) I'm praying for all with my heart!

Ameen

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
32 minutes ago, LebanonApjune2018 said:

Its been more than a year for you, did yoy contact embassy or do they reply to your emails and what does ceac show?

It's so sad that you've been waiting for 15 months for visitor visa, is your passport with you or they kept at time of interview, wish you good luck.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Rashid patras said:

It's so sad that you've been waiting for 15 months for visitor visa, is your passport with you or they kept at time of interview, wish you good luck.

My case status has updated today after 21 days since last update and this time it's updated it's own without any inquiry, I hope they working on my case and wish it soon change to Issued.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.