IPDR

AP in the Dominican Republic

2 posts in this topic

Hi!

On April 16th my husband and I had our interview in the DR.  There was a problem in their computers regarding our case that they had to fix, we were given back my husbands passport and a white 221g, which stated that nothing was required of us besides his passport back when the time came and they asked for it.  The IO said our case looked fine but it was something on their end that needed to be done and that we should hear from them in 2 weeks.  Our case went from AP->Ready->AP and then we were contacted via email on May 3rd to deposit his passport.  We deposited the passport on Tuesday May 7th due to me not seeing the email, as it went to my work email.  The passport was confirmed as being there as of yesterday May 9th.  I checked our status today just to check, I didn't expect anything to happen with our case and I was right, it was still in AP with an updated date as of today and still listed as an Immigrant Visa Application.

My question is this:  Could they ask for anything else from us, or when they asked us to deposit his passport can we assume everything has been taken care of, and that the visa will ultimately be issued?   We notified the IO at the time of our minor sons pending surgery on June 7th so we are worried especially reading everyone's experiences with AP.  

Thank you for your time and responses! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Just now, IrelandLynne said:

Hi!

On April 16th my husband and I had our interview in the DR.  There was a problem in their computers regarding our case that they had to fix, we were given back my husbands passport and a white 221g, which stated that nothing was required of us besides his passport back when the time came and they asked for it.  The IO said our case looked fine but it was something on their end that needed to be done and that we should hear from them in 2 weeks.  Our case went from AP->Ready->AP and then we were contacted via email on May 3rd to deposit his passport.  We deposited the passport on Tuesday May 7th due to me not seeing the email, as it went to my work email.  The passport was confirmed as being there as of yesterday May 9th.  I checked our status today just to check, I didn't expect anything to happen with our case and I was right, it was still in AP with an updated date as of today and still listed as an Immigrant Visa Application.

My question is this:  Could they ask for anything else from us, or when they asked us to deposit his passport can we assume everything has been taken care of, and that the visa will ultimately be issued?   We notified the IO at the time of our minor sons pending surgery on June 7th so we are worried especially reading everyone's experiences with AP.  

Thank you for your time and responses! 

hi i had my interview 28 march 2019 i was asked to upload new version of birth certificate and criminal records which i already did same day of my interview and send my passport with original documents via post they already received everything, so since that i have not heard from them, you are fine they requested his passport you will hear from them soon..good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.