Loren Y

Anyone that got their EAD card remember the envelope it came in?

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 hour ago, treppenwitz said:

AP Approval Notice

62fe9-ed04f3_04a1eeae5c94420a872a0a2efbd

EAD Approval Notice

e92bb-ed04f3_3700e48ce3f74c69af24075d4eb

The card comes in a Priority Mail envelope; see below:

CardAndEnvelope.jpg

Excellent. Thanks, looks like I will be getting the approvals then. How long after that did you receive your card. Thanks for the excellent response with photos. 

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Timeline

Letters have arrived and they are exactly what @treppenwitz posted. One is the AP approval letter, the other is the EAD approval. No mention of the expedite in either of the letters, so since they are approved now, not sure if that expedite is even going to matter. Maybe it did help out, but I just faxed all the requested information last Friday ( About 8 days ago) guess they don't have to approve that now as I hope the card will show up in a week or 2. This seems like a fast approval though being I filed AOS in early February(2/07/2019), and received NOA1's on February 27th, so we are looking at just over 2 months for EAD/AP approval. I will update my timeline, but it was saying approval end of May early June for adjudication. Who knows, maybe USCIS is kicking up their game and doing some work, but I'll take it. Thanks again for everyone who provided information.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Loren Y said:

Letters have arrived and they are exactly what @treppenwitz posted. One is the AP approval letter, the other is the EAD approval. No mention of the expedite in either of the letters, so since they are approved now, not sure if that expedite is even going to matter. Maybe it did help out, but I just faxed all the requested information last Friday ( About 8 days ago) guess they don't have to approve that now as I hope the card will show up in a week or 2. This seems like a fast approval though being I filed AOS in early February(2/07/2019), and received NOA1's on February 27th, so we are looking at just over 2 months for EAD/AP approval. I will update my timeline, but it was saying approval end of May early June for adjudication. Who knows, maybe USCIS is kicking up their game and doing some work, but I'll take it. Thanks again for everyone who provided information.

Congratulations!!!!!!

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, missileman said:

Congratulations!!!!!!

Thanks! Just updated my timeline and it says EAD/AP approved in 83 days. That is pretty fast, hopefully they are getting things done faster.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, Loren Y said:

Thanks! Just updated my timeline and it says EAD/AP approved in 83 days. That is pretty fast, hopefully they are getting things done faster.

What was the reason for expedite? Did they ever confirm receipt or reply to your evidence? I agree, please god let them be speeding things up....

On 5/4/2019 at 11:21 AM, Loren Y said:

I applied for an EAD expedite ( Dates in my timeline) and I saw today on informed delivery that these 2 pieces of mail are showing up soon. ( See Images) The first one is addressed to both of us as the usual mail that comes from them, then there is the second envelope that is addressed just to my wife, and I see in the window the word Valid kinda showing up. Anyone who has received EAD remember if it came like this in this envelope? I guess I will have to wait til Monday possibly to see the letters, but I was just looking for some input, because if it is EAD my wife has a job offer on the table, and she could start Monday if the card comes today, or Tuesday if I get it Monday. I haven't told her yet, but Here is to hoping for good luck. Thanks again for everyone's help on here. I have received no updates on the MyUSCIS website, so that is why I am wondering, I just checked this morning also. I should also add the expidite request was for an outstanding 60,000.00 plus medical bill, not the job offer as she just got that last week. I didn't even mention a job offer in my expedite, so I don't want people thinking that is all it takes to get an expedite, I had some and still have serious financial issues due to medical bills, but we are getting them taken care of.

I have kept all of my envelopes like a psychopath and the EAD came in a larger envelope, the approval letters came in the envelopes you posted and you will most likely not see it in informed delivery since it’s a tracked item.

Edited by Ontarkie
edited quoted part to remove personal info

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Dazz said:

What was the reason for expedite? Did they ever confirm receipt or reply to your evidence? I agree, please god let them be speeding things up....

I don't think my expedite had anything to do with the approval because I just sent them all the evidence only about 8-9 days ago, and I only requested the EAD for Expedite. I never received any notification they received anything I sent for the expedite, so I think this is just the luck of some fast regular processing. I received EAD and the AP approval today, so I don't think they expedite both when I only requested for my case number for EAD. No online updates or anything, these letters just showed up. See previous poster for reason for expedite, but it took me a while to gather all the evidence for the expedite from the hospital and stuff. but 83 days was pretty quick.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Loren Y said:

No online updates or anything, these letters just showed up.

I am curios, did your MSC case status on "old" site ever changed from anything other  than "case received" or "fingerprint fee received?" 

Thanks.

The approval notices will appear as mailpieces in ID.

The EAD (including EAD/AP combo card) will appear as a package in ID.

The same applies when your AOS gets approved - notices in the mail, cards as a package.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
8 hours ago, Shiran said:

I am curios, did your MSC case status on "old" site ever changed from anything other  than "case received" or "fingerprint fee received?" 

Thanks.

I will check on this. I haven't accessed the old site since halfway thru my K1 process, once the new site was live I pretty much stuck with it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 5/4/2019 at 11:21 AM, Loren Y said:

I applied for an EAD expedite ( Dates in my timeline) and I saw today on informed delivery that these 2 pieces of mail are showing up soon. ( See Images) The first one is addressed to both of us as the usual mail that comes from them, then there is the second envelope that is addressed just to my wife, and I see in the window the word Valid kinda showing up. Anyone who has received EAD remember if it came like this in this envelope? I guess I will have to wait til Monday possibly to see the letters, but I was just looking for some input, because if it is EAD my wife has a job offer on the table, and she could start Monday if the card comes today, or Tuesday if I get it Monday. I haven't told her yet, but Here is to hoping for good luck. Thanks again for everyone's help on here. I have received no updates on the MyUSCIS website, so that is why I am wondering, I just checked this morning also. I should also add the expidite request was for an outstanding 60,000.00 plus medical bill, not the job offer as she just got that last week. I didn't even mention a job offer in my expedite, so I don't want people thinking that is all it takes to get an expedite, I had some and still have serious financial issues due to medical bills, but we are getting them taken care of.

Congrats on the expedite, these were the two I received for but non-expedited! Worth noting that everyone experiences different difficulties in their own relationships which never underestimates their validity to apply for expedites in accordance to them! 

Edited by Ontarkie
edited quoted part to remove personal info

I would note that the scanned mailpiece images contain personal information. Even with name & addresses blocked out, the IMB (those little up and down ticks in the lower right) contains information traceable to an address (namely the ZIP5 + ZIP4 + DPV combination).

There's also the datamatrix barcode in the upper right corner (by the stamp area usually) , although this contains information relating to the sender and postage stamper, not recipient. So that's not personal information here.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Post edited containing personal information removed and some that quoted edited.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, geowrian said:

I would note that the scanned mailpiece images contain personal information. Even with name & addresses blocked out, the IMB (those little up and down ticks in the lower right) contains information traceable to an address (namely the ZIP5 + ZIP4 + DPV combination).

It is true, but you are overthinking it a bit. The  Zip5 + Zip4 was printed in plain numbers just below the envelope window, separated by $ I believe. Pointing it out now since mods removed the images. My DHS envelopes that I've also preserved for .... reasons have that as well. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.