kazero17

Interview after filing on February 2019

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everyone, 

i filed my I-751 on February 2019 then got my extension letter then my biometric on march 26, now while checking my case status i found out that i still to attend an interview, im not sure why and when anybody have any idea when i could get my interview, im planning to go back hame this august and im confused ..here is my case status attached.

BF9A1AB4-EBF9-4C33-B39E-DB3F1F679F38.jpeg

Filed: Other Timeline

Did you get an interview for i-485 here in the states or abroad?

04/27/2016 sent AOS PACKAGE

05/02/2016 PRIORITY DATE (day 1)

05/17/2016 FIRST NOA'S RECEIVED. HARD COPIES.

05/20/2016 BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT FOR 06/01/2016

06/01/2016 Biometrics taken.

08/02/2016 I-765 Work Permit approved. (day 90)

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Burnpro23 said:

Did you get an interview for i-485 here in the states or abroad?

Not yet, i didnt even know that i need to pass an interview, im planning to travel back home on August, and i was ganna use expired GC and extention letter, im not sure when my interview will be schdeuled ?? Any clue ?

Edited by kazero17

Filed: Other Timeline

So you never got an interview to get your GC? Thats why they schedule one for i-751. It could take maybe a year so maybe by feb 2020 you will have it

04/27/2016 sent AOS PACKAGE

05/02/2016 PRIORITY DATE (day 1)

05/17/2016 FIRST NOA'S RECEIVED. HARD COPIES.

05/20/2016 BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT FOR 06/01/2016

06/01/2016 Biometrics taken.

08/02/2016 I-765 Work Permit approved. (day 90)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, kazero17 said:

Not yet, i didnt even know that i need to pass an interview, im planning to travel back home on August, and i was ganna use expired GC and extention letter, im not sure when my interview will be schdeuled ?? Any clue ?

Seeing as the processing times are 15+ months from filing to approval, and you’re about 3 months in, I’m pretty sure you’ve got some time.

I think this just means whatever processing center you’re at has completed their part, and this will be routed to a local office for an interview, and you’ll just go in queue for an available time.  There’s a couple January filers who got this notification on the update, but don’t have interviews scheduled yet.

Also, every immigrant is subject to an interview before being granted an immigration benefit.  It is more likely that you will be scheduled for an interview for RoC if you didn’t have one for AoS, and guaranteed if you apply for naturalization while RoC is pending.

Edited by Cryssiekins

Timeline
1 hour ago, Burnpro23 said:

So you never got an interview to get your GC? Thats why they schedule one for i-751. It could take maybe a year so maybe by feb 2020 you will have it

I did have an interview before getting my first GC , that at the US Ambassy in morocco.

Timeline
33 minutes ago, kazero17 said:

I did have an interview before getting my first GC , that at the US Ambassy in morocco.

The Embassy interview would have been for the Visa, assuming you came on a K1.

If you came on a CR1, you would have interviewed for that Visa at the Embassy and received a greencard after entering the US without filing a 485.

Either way, everyone is subject to interviews at all stages, and it depends on the Officer adjudicating the petition whether or not you will be interviewed again. 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Cryssiekins said:

The Embassy interview would have been for the Visa, assuming you came on a K1.

If you came on a CR1, you would have interviewed for that Visa at the Embassy and received a greencard after entering the US without filing a 485.

Either way, everyone is subject to interviews at all stages, and it depends on the Officer adjudicating the petition whether or not you will be interviewed again. 

You r right, so when do you think my interview will be scheduled? I filed on February 26, 2019 and got my biometric march 26th..

Timeline
5 minutes ago, kazero17 said:

You r right, so when do you think my interview will be scheduled? I filed on February 26, 2019 and got my biometric march 26th..

Likely still a year or so.  There’s a lot of petitions still from 2017 and 2018.  Current processing times is like 15-24 months across all centers. Different range for local offices.  If you live in a densely populated area your wait will be longer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.