Jump to content
virgie6810

How to pay K1 visa fee--what code does the CIB bank need?

7 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello all,

          My fiance went to the CIB bank to pay the K1 visa fee, and he had the confirmation page with him.  But the bank said they needed some code (not the bar code on the confirmation page).  What other code does he need?  Does he actually pay for the visa online?  If so, then what does he take to the bank?  Can he not pay in cash at the bank?


          Thanks for any help,

 

             Virgie

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, virgie6810 said:

But the bank said they needed some code (not the bar code on the confirmation page).  What other code does he need? 

What did the bank say when he asked him what code they meant, while he was at the bank?


Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Going through said:

What did the bank say when he asked him what code they meant, while he was at the bank?

          They wouldn't tell him anything.  Not very helpful at that bank ☹️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before going to the bank you must print and carry the applicable U.S. visa deposit slip available after logging into your profile. If you print a visa deposit slip in advance of the day in which you plan to make your payment, take note of the expiration date on the visa deposit slip. If the expiration date passes prior to using the slip to make your payment, simply return to the website and click the appropriate link to generate a new visa deposit slip. CIB will NOT accept payments based on expired visa deposit slips.


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Before going to the bank you must print and carry the applicable U.S. visa deposit slip available after logging into your profile. If you print a visa deposit slip in advance of the day in which you plan to make your payment, take note of the expiration date on the visa deposit slip. If the expiration date passes prior to using the slip to make your payment, simply return to the website and click the appropriate link to generate a new visa deposit slip. CIB will NOT accept payments based on expired visa deposit slips.

         Thank you, payxibka!  not a code but a visa deposit slip!  This process is enough to turn anyone's hair grey!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, virgie6810 said:

         Thank you, payxibka!  not a code but a visa deposit slip!  This process is enough to turn anyone's hair grey!!

I assume there is a code on the slip.  There was for our payment (different consulate)


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×