coa24

No More DCF in Philippines Starting in July? USCIS?

53 posts in this topic

Saw this in the DCF forum and wanted to bring this link from @geowrian  https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/hamedaleaziz/trump-administration-overseas-immigration-offices I must say that I feel blessed to have this option afforded to me before the closings actually took place. I am wondering how this will effect others after July and what it means to those living abroad.

Then again...will it really be affected? Not sure...but interested to say the least (link from @George & Richellehttps://news.abs-cbn.com/news/04/20/19/citizenship-applications-to-continue-despite-planned-uscis-manila-office-shutdown 

Edited by coa24

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

6 hours ago, coa24 said:

Saw this in the DCF forum and wanted to bring this link from @geowrian  https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/hamedaleaziz/trump-administration-overseas-immigration-offices I must say that I feel blessed to have this option afforded to me before the closings actually took place. I am wondering how this will effect others after July and what it means to those living abroad.

Then again...will it really be affected? Not sure...but interested to say the least (link from @George & Richellehttps://news.abs-cbn.com/news/04/20/19/citizenship-applications-to-continue-despite-planned-uscis-manila-office-shutdown 

Yeah if you click the link that I posted in that topic you will see that it has been discussed before on here. USCIS are closing all the overseas offices. 

18 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Yeah if you click the link that I posted in that topic you will see that it has been discussed before on here. USCIS are closing all the overseas offices. 

ahh okay thanks for the update. for some reason did not see that. It is a shame really. Because it is a nice benefit to have.

13 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

If they pull the USCIS how will CRBA be handled .. by mail?  :wacko:    :lol:  

Oh my, not Filipino mail, hehe.

26 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

It will be curious to see what will shake from the tree before it is all done.

DCF may become a memory.

Could be starting July if the timeline is correct.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Thanks for the info. I will have to keep up on this move. I'm getting married in July and will then start the CR-1 process. I hope this doesn't mean more delays in Manila.

23 minutes ago, dnavinnie said:

Thanks for the info. I will have to keep up on this move. I'm getting married in July and will then start the CR-1 process. I hope this doesn't mean more delays in Manila.

Delays are just cycles, they come and go depending on when you file. 

ChickBoy

15 hours ago, coa24 said:

I don't see this happening

ChickBoy

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, dnavinnie said:

This will have zero effect on the embassy 

YMMV

51 minutes ago, Falcon Cara said:

I was going  by this quote:

“The closure of any international office will clearly decrease services on fee-paying US citizens attempting to use our legal immigration system to be united with family members,” said Ur Jaddou, a former USCIS chief counsel. “Second, to start in Juárez, Manila, and Monterrey, where the US has strong ties, is the exact opposite of what our country should be doing.”

Thanks for the info. I'll just have to keep my eye on the finish line!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, dnavinnie said:

I was going  by this quote:

“The closure of any international office will clearly decrease services on fee-paying US citizens attempting to use our legal immigration system to be united with family members,” said Ur Jaddou, a former USCIS chief counsel. “Second, to start in Juárez, Manila, and Monterrey, where the US has strong ties, is the exact opposite of what our country should be doing.”

Thanks for the info. I'll just have to keep my eye on the finish line!

It will potentially lengthen the USCIS ( petition ) phase but only for those select few who could actually take advantage of the services provided by the international field offices, however,  it will have no effect on the operation of the embassy Visa units.

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, dnavinnie said:

Unless you were expecting to file DCF (Direct Consulate Filing) then yes things will be different.

But if you are getting married then heading back to the States to file the I-30 petition . nothing will be any slower than it is currently.    ;)  

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

4 hours ago, Falcon Cara said:

Exactly.

...they are relatively fast/decent when I don't need them and slow as molasses whenever I need to file something. :P

3 hours ago, Falcon Cara said:

I don't see this happening

Nobody knows for certain, but there sure is a lot of talk of it being planned by senior White House officials involved with it. This is one of the things that is completely within their purview to do if they decide they want to do it.

Supposedly it's due to lack of demand, which is at the very least a valid rational for the decision (I'm not saying it is or is not wise or even the real reason).

Guess we will find out in the coming months if they start closing or stop accepting new submissions.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

They have stopped accepting submissions as of today. The last day of filing for i-130 in Manila was on May 3, 2019. Even those with appointments after May 3 were informed that they can no longer file with USCIS manila, and suggested that they file thru the Chicago Lockbox. :(

We were able to file ours last April 10, 2019. We're just worried that our case will not be finished here, and brought to the states. We still haven't received any feedback on our case. I also know someone who filed on April 1, and haven't heard back from USCIS. I hope this will not cause any delays for those who filed on April. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.