Mans155

k1 visa (merged)

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

hello every one 

plz I just need good answer for my quotation

my fiancée she got approved from USCIS AND ALSO NVC also her case at the embassy at her country lets say

she got the visa and she about ready to enter to the USA BEFOR she leave her country

we thinking if I can go get her to USA also marry her there as her religious faith but we still will do right by k1 visa no change  

is that okay or will be issues when she enter to the USA

thank u for helping me 

21 minutes ago, Mans155 said:

hello every one 

my fiancée she got approved from USCIS AND ALSO NVC also her case at the embassy at her country lets say

she got the visa and she about ready to enter to the USA BEFOR she leave her country

we thinking if I can go get her to USA also marry her there as her religious faith but we still will do right by k1 visa no change  

thank u for helping me 

Do not marry her in another country.   That will void her K-1 visa, as it was approved based on the two of you stating you are single and will marry in the US.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jorgedig said:

Do not marry her in another country.   That will void her K-1 visa, as it was approved based on the two of you stating you are single and will marry in the US.

even after the got her visa in her passport ? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

One of the requirements of the K1 visa is marry INSIDE the United States....not in another country.

Edited by Going through

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

2 hours ago, Mans155 said:

hello every one 

thank u for helping me 

1 hour ago, Mans155 said:

No. Don't do it.

Look at it this way, even if you two marry in her country, there are still other processes she has to go through where USCIS will look into her background. ie: Adjustment of Status and Removal of Conditions. Don't jeopardize her immigration status.

If it was that important to have the ceremony in her country, the the K1 visa was not the right choice. You can always go back to her country after you two marry in the US then have the ceremony you are talking about.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

K1 has to get married inside the US; that's the purpose of the visa. You have another choice if you want to marry outside the US; go the CR1 route and forget the K1.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

No. Don't do it.

Look at it this way, even if you two marry in her country, there are still other processes she has to go through where USCIS will look into her background. ie: Adjustment of Status and Removal of Conditions. Don't jeopardize her immigration status.

If it was that important to have the ceremony in her country, the the K1 visa was not the right choice. You can always go back to her country after you two marry in the US then have the ceremony you are talking about.

Completely agree, wait for the religious ceremony/party after the K1 entry, US marriage and filing/receiving the AOS/EAD/AP. 

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

K1 is to marry IN the US.

Therefore if you marry her outside of the US the Visa becomes invalid and you have to start a CR1 Visa which takes about 12 to 15 months.

ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

2 hours ago, Mans155 said:

Repeatedly asking the same question does not change the answer, I’m sorry to say. 

Remember the “letter of intent” you both submitted with the paperwork? There’s a reason for it. The K-1 visa is only for people who have declared their intention to marry the USC within 90 days of their arrival into the country. As such, you must be legally free to marry when you arrive. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
4 hours ago, Mans155 said:

hello every one 

thank u for helping me 

get the visa get to USA, get married, if you really want to marry in another country such as Egypt, go back after you get married in USA and have your religious marriage if that is what you want for family purpose.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
6 hours ago, Mans155 said:

Hi.  Please read the info on K-1 Visa.  When you apply for a K-1 visa, by submitting the I-129F documents, you are requesting approval from the US government to allow someone from another country to enter the US for the sole purpose of marrying you.  If you do anything different, you may have problems.  Good luck to both of you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
10 hours ago, Mans155 said:

hello every one 

thank u for helping me 

No dont marry in another country.  If will mess up everything.  You must marry within 90 days in the US only.

sign.PNG.b922fef6121115fdcfcbe7f78ae9039a.PNG

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
10 hours ago, Mans155 said:

hello every one 

thank u for helping me 

That is absolutely not okay.   It will be an issue.  

If you wanted a wedding in her country, then you shouldn't have gotten the K-1.

She must enter the US as a single woman.  The burden is on her to prove.  A wedding in her country after the visa is issued and before she enters into the US is a BIG NO-NO.  

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.