34 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Either K1 or CR1 will work for you. I can almost guarantee you a smooth, fast and successful journey.

Almost all American girls who worked and lived in Morocco managed to bring their Fiancees/Husbands

without a single problem. Perhaps, their jobs with the State have grated those sweet benefits :) 

Bon Courage!

Honest-Love-Respect

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hazakim said:

Hi, 

what you said here was exactly what i thought first. 

It sounds good, 

and about the party, is nothing i think you know in Morocco people do two parties, one little for engagement no paper signed at all. And one bigger and thats is marriage party. 

I don’t know if that’s a problem, I’ve read that its required to give some photos of both of us sharing milk and dates... 

thank you for responding 

I married in Morocco 

and at the marriage celebration we shared our milk and dates as traditional to share these as 1st meal for the married couple

Please don't show these photos (or anything with morocco wedding dresses) as it will look as married

Morroco is approving more K1's now / for February they approved 16 compared to August 2018 when none were approved 

they approved 62 spouse visas (CR1 and IR1) for February

In your favor

You are near the same age

you have made several visits and trips together

but the Visa will still take a year to be approved

then you have to marry in the US (not cheap as Morocco)

The most expense for marriage in Morocco is translating the USC documents into Arabic but there is a lot of leg work to do the process

from traveling to Casa embassy for the Affidavit of Eligibility to marry to Rabat to the Office of the foreign minister and then back to home town for interviews with the police and judge

when coming to the US there is a $1225 fee to AOS (and a long wait) to work or study here

When coming on a CR1 your green card comes in about a month (ours exactly a month from POE to green card in the mailbox)

that is why we say do the CR1

cheaper in the long run

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, RJandHamid said:

Regarding the engagement party photos, you can include them in the petition as long as they do not look like wedding photos. The CO who will interview you should be able to recognize the difference, and I am sure that you know the difference as well. 

We did not have an engagement party, and when my fiance (now husband) went to his interview, the CO did ask about the engagement and why we did not have an engagement ceremony or party, since having one is very normal and customary in Morocco. 

I've also seen other cases where they did include engagement photos and were approved with no issues. 

Hi, thank you for responding.

from what i see Cr1 is still better, what’s bothers me is we have to wait 8 months to start the process. 

For photos, if we are doing cr1 then there will be another bigger ceremony for wedding.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Derik-Lina said:

Either K1 or CR1 will work for you. I can almost guarantee you a smooth, fast and successful journey.

Almost all American girls who worked and lived in Morocco managed to bring their Fiancees/Husbands

without a single problem. Perhaps, their jobs with the State have grated those sweet benefits :) 

Bon Courage!

Hi, 

thats also feels smooth to read, 

i hope everything goes well either we chose K1, or Cr1.

thank you for responding 

Timeline
40 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

I married in Morocco 

and at the marriage celebration we shared our milk and dates as traditional to share these as 1st meal for the married couple

Please don't show these photos (or anything with morocco wedding dresses) as it will look as married

Morroco is approving more K1's now / for February they approved 16 compared to August 2018 when none were approved 

they approved 62 spouse visas (CR1 and IR1) for February

In your favor

You are near the same age

you have made several visits and trips together

but the Visa will still take a year to be approved

then you have to marry in the US (not cheap as Morocco)

The most expense for marriage in Morocco is translating the USC documents into Arabic but there is a lot of leg work to do the process

from traveling to Casa embassy for the Affidavit of Eligibility to marry to Rabat to the Office of the foreign minister and then back to home town for interviews with the police and judge

when coming to the US there is a $1225 fee to AOS (and a long wait) to work or study here

When coming on a CR1 your green card comes in about a month (ours exactly a month from POE to green card in the mailbox)

that is why we say do the CR1

cheaper in the long run

Hi, 

i agree with you in morocco it gonna be cheaper to marry. 

Its just some times when stressed by time will end up spending more. 

And hopefully two weeks gonna be enough to do all those things.

then we have to wait 8 months to start the process.

Filed: Other Timeline
7 minutes ago, Hazakim said:

Hi, 

Because of the financial strain of the K1, what I've seen most K1s do is get a courthouse marriage ($50-100 USD) then you can plan a wedding party months or a year later. By then you'll most likely have finished your AOS and you can also help financially with the wedding burden and have the party here or in Morocco if you choose.

Either way though, she will need to meet income requirements somehow for the both of you (K1 is 100% over poverty limit and 125% when you are in the states and file for AOS; CR1 is 125% I believe but anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) so if she can't provide that via employment etc then she most likely will need a Joint sponsor.

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

12 minutes ago, Hazakim said:

Hi, 

The point here is , you have a good chance at the K1, if you have to wait til Dec to marry, why don't you try the k1 and by Dec you'll be at or near interview, so you don't waste time?

Timeline
1 minute ago, celie&joseph said:

Because of the financial strain of the K1, what I've seen most K1s do is get a courthouse marriage ($50-100 USD) then you can plan a wedding party months or a year later. By then you'll most likely have finished your AOS and you can also help financially with the wedding burden and have the party here or in Morocco if you choose.

Either way though, she will need to meet income requirements somehow for the both of you (K1 is 100% over poverty limit and 125% when you are in the states and file for AOS; CR1 is 125% I believe but anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) so if she can't provide that via employment etc then she most likely will need a Joint sponsor.

Hi, 

for the money part, we are afraid. Because she has no job now she is studying. Just making some money from somz stuff but as part time job. 

However she has savings from her las gouvernement job that ends this year, her last salary i guess was in February.

i dont know if they would accept savings. 

Thank you for responding 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Hobidyali said:

The point here is , you have a good chance at the K1, if you have to wait til Dec to marry, why don't you try the k1 and by Dec you'll be at or near interview, so you don't waste time?

Hi, 

i agree with your point. We should concider doing that. 

Hopefully they accept savings. 

Because for the money part my fiancée has no job right now. 

Her last salary from last job was in February. 

Thank you for you respond

1 minute ago, Hazakim said:

Hi, 

She will need a job, they will look at the previous years tax transcript but they still need to see income and the ability to support both of you while you are out of work. In your case, she needs to either get a job ASAP or you need a sponsor.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

They do accept saving as assets, but it's unlikely that someone her age (assuming she is fairly young) would meet the required amount of savings. I think it's somewhere along the lines of 5x the amount needed. So if she has zero income and needs to meet the poverty level for a 2 person household (her + you), that is around 100k in savings that she would need to show. 

You said she had a job while in Morocco, so I'm sure she will be able to find another job in the US unless she is studying full time. And if that is the case, you could use a co-sponsor. Though what really matters is if she has a job at the time of the interview, so around 7-9 months from now should you decide file the K-1 visa. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

7 minutes ago, Hazakim said:

Hi, 

The great thing about this is that you haven't filed yet nor are you close to interview, so she has plenty of time to get a job.

Filed: Other Timeline
9 minutes ago, Hazakim said:

Hi, 

They do take in consideration savings, but what they mostly look for is stability in the totality of the finances. Her best option (no matter which route you take) is to either get a job to meet income requirements or get a Joint sponsor.

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Timeline
1 hour ago, RJandHamid said:

They do accept saving as assets, but it's unlikely that someone her age (assuming she is fairly young) would meet the required amount of savings. I think it's somewhere along the lines of 5x the amount needed. So if she has zero income and needs to meet the poverty level for a 2 person household (her + you), that is around 100k in savings that she would need to show. 

You said she had a job while in Morocco, so I'm sure she will be able to find another job in the US unless she is studying full time. And if that is the case, you could use a co-sponsor. Though what really matters is if she has a job at the time of the interview, so around 7-9 months from now should you decide file the K-1 visa. 

Thank you all for you responds,

i really appreciate it

Timeline
1 hour ago, RJandHamid said:

Hi, 

i understand now.

Also do you mean that i should go fo k1, by what you said at last.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.