SINDY33

4 times denied a US VISA

84 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline
1 hour ago, SusieQQQ said:

Maybe it’s jist the religion and culture I was brought up in, but I’ve been reading this thread for pages and still can’t wrap my head around the thought of piggybacking a universal trip onto a funeral. It seems distasteful and disrespectful. I wonder what an immigration officer would think on being told the reason for visit is “funeral, very sick parent, theme park visit”. If a visa is granted it will be multiple entry, personally I’d go on my own to fetch mom, and take son another time for a fun-filled vacation. I realize this is not what was being asked and I’ll probably get flamed, but so be it.

There is sense to that, but at the same time I see the flip side of that...

First - making a long trip, you want to take advantage of everything that is available since who knows when you'll have the opportunity to do so again. 

Second - especially with kids, you don't necessarily want the trip to be completely a negative experience - let them have some fun too and give them an opportunity to grieve in their own way.  They had an aunt pass, which is not a good experience, but we don't know how well they knew each other either - that would have a huge impact on how they would view the trip.

I had to make some long distance trips to see my mother on what I expected to be one of the last times I would meet her, but still made sure to find something enjoyable to do during the trip - even if it meant only trekking around a city that I had called home for a little bit and seeing what all was happening there.  There has to be some mix of activities to counter the overall negative impact of such a trip to keep memories alive and not allow everything to draw you down a deep dark well...

If all you can manage is a very quick "turn and burn" type of trip, then yes - go to the funeral and call it that, but if you have the luxury of some time, mix in some positive reinforcement with the bad - even if it is just for your own sake and not just your kids...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
18 hours ago, Roel said:

1. Yes they check the previous applications. 

2. Just say the truth. 

Imo you have 0 chances. Especially with so many denials and history of kind of changing your story all the time. 

Her story didn't change, her circumstances did. 

Everyone's circumstances are constantly changing and in flux, that doesn't mean she has a zero chance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Keep us updated after you apply as to the result---good luck

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

3 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

This^

3 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

This^

I can not change the fact that a lot of my relatives chose to live in the US and Canada. Thats their choice. But my choice is to live in my country. And yes, a lot of my countrymen overstayed in US after they got a B2 visa. But that too is their choice. And to deny my a visa just because my relatives are there, or that people overstayed and worked, thats very unfair. It’s like, Just because one person committed  a mistake, a crime, a sin, or whatever,  makes another person like that too. In my previous applications, the intervals were not that close. I tried on different years due to different reasons. If i really wanted to work in the US, i would have applied for a working visa years ago because i am a registered nurse. That would be easier for me if i really wanted to live in the US. But no, my husband is paid in his job well enough for me to just stay with our kids. As in well enough. Our family is stable financially. Our kids are doing great in school. So why would we leave our country? It does not make sense why they dont want to see it that way. Why would i apply for tourist Visa if i can apply for a working visa or immigrant, being a registered nurse.  A lot of my colleagues are there yes, having a great life traveling here and there. But i do that too here in my own country with my husband’s support. Thats our agreement, he works away from us and i stay with the kids to look after them and guide them. 

The way the US b2 visa process works, COs by law have to assume every applicant has immigration intent. That leaves the burden of proof on the applicant. And guess what, those countrymen you speak of who overstayed in the US on a tourist visa. they lied on the ds160 and to the CO about returning home. COs are not mind readers, they have to make an adjudication based on the ds160 and interview.

The process can be unfair at times, but the primary blame lays not on the US, but on your countrymen who abused the privilege granted them in the past. Who pays for that abuse? Genuine applicants as you claim you are. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

7 minutes ago, SINDY33 said:

And to deny my a visa just because my relatives are there, or that people overstayed and worked, thats very unfair. It’s like, Just because one person committed  a mistake, a crime, a sin, or whatever,  makes another person like that too.

They can't deny solely for that reason, but it comes down to the credibility of the visa applicant. For a region where people have abused tourist visas decreases the credibility of subsequent applicants.

COs aren't mind readers. They have a quick review of the DS-160 and a couple questions to try to determine somebody's real intent. They err on the side of caution.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

24 minutes ago, SINDY33 said:

I can not change the fact that a lot of my relatives chose to live in the US and Canada. Thats their choice. But my choice is to live in my country. And yes, a lot of my countrymen overstayed in US after they got a B2 visa. But that too is their choice. And to deny my a visa just because my relatives are there, or that people overstayed and worked, thats very unfair. It’s like, Just because one person committed  a mistake, a crime, a sin, or whatever,  makes another person like that too. In my previous applications, the intervals were not that close. I tried on different years due to different reasons. If i really wanted to work in the US, i would have applied for a working visa years ago because i am a registered nurse. That would be easier for me if i really wanted to live in the US. But no, my husband is paid in his job well enough for me to just stay with our kids. As in well enough. Our family is stable financially. Our kids are doing great in school. So why would we leave our country? It does not make sense why they dont want to see it that way. Why would i apply for tourist Visa if i can apply for a working visa or immigrant, being a registered nurse.  A lot of my colleagues are there yes, having a great life traveling here and there. But i do that too here in my own country with my husband’s support. Thats our agreement, he works away from us and i stay with the kids to look after them and guide them. 

You really don't understand the process. By applying for a B2 visa you are automatically assumed to want to overstay - that's the law. It's up to you to show that you won't. Regardless of your own personal story, reasons, whatever, if you don't show ties to your home country you won't get approved. And you simply don't appear  to havese ties, that's all there is to it.

38 minutes ago, SINDY33 said:

And yes, a lot of my countrymen overstayed in US after they got a B2 visa. But that too is their choice. And to deny my a visa just because my relatives are there, or that people overstayed and worked, thats very unfair. It’s like, Just because one person committed  a mistake, a crime, a sin, or whatever,  makes another person like that too. 

Many foreigners make that argument about how unfair it is that many must suffer for the errors of a few. But I counter by saying that you don't lock your doors to your home for the millions of people that don't want to break into your home... you do it for the small few who do. That is security.

It is unfortunate but it only takes a small few people to mess things up for everyone else. Everything from banks having high-end security to computers having antivirus software. Those measurements were put into place because a few people did bad things. The difficulty of getting a visa from a country where visa abuse happened too often in the pass is a response to a problem. 

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

4 hours ago, WeGuyGal said:

One word jumps out from OPs posts.. desperation (to get a US visa)

I've heard of 'visa shopping' or 'consulate shopping', the original post seems to be 'reason shopping'. 

No, I am not REASON  SHOPPING. i merely stated all the reasons why we are applying for a visa. All the reasons are true and not made up.  I joined here and sought for help for me to somehow know which does everyone think of the TRUE reasons would make me get a visa. In my previous applications, I was never desperate to get a B2 visa. But i have a different circumstance today. My niece died. My mom diagnosed with cancer and wants to come home with me but she’s afraid to travel if not with us her children. She’s 84 yrs old. So yes, i am desperate now. That is the very reason why i joined this group... to seek for help in making a decision which of my TRUTHFUL reason would grant me a visa considering the urgent need to get one. At this point in my life, BEING JUDGED is the last thing i need. If my circumstance were not as sad and bad as now, i wouldnt even have cared to ask for help from people here and just went on with our application for a visa to go to Univ Studios. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

Many foreigners make that argument about how unfair it is that many must suffer for the errors of a few. But I counter by saying that you don't lock your doors to your home for the millions of people that don't want to break into your home... you do it for the small few who do. That is security.

It is unfortunate but it only takes a small few people to mess things up for everyone else. Everything from banks having high-end security to computers having antivirus software. Those measurements were put into place because a few people did bad things. The difficulty of getting a visa from a country where visa abuse happened too often in the pass is a response to a problem. 

I agree - the many pay for the sins of the few.

My heart goes out to @SINDY33 bc she will have an uphill battle and all she’s trying to do is be there for her sister and mother, and do something nice for her son.  

1 hour ago, SINDY33 said:

No, I am not REASON  SHOPPING. i merely stated all the reasons why we are applying for a visa. All the reasons are true and not made up.  I joined here and sought for help for me to somehow know which does everyone think of the TRUE reasons would make me get a visa. In my previous applications, I was never desperate to get a B2 visa. But i have a different circumstance today. My niece died. My mom diagnosed with cancer and wants to come home with me but she’s afraid to travel if not with us her children. She’s 84 yrs old. So yes, i am desperate now. That is the very reason why i joined this group... to seek for help in making a decision which of my TRUTHFUL reason would grant me a visa considering the urgent need to get one. At this point in my life, BEING JUDGED is the last thing i need. If my circumstance were not as sad and bad as now, i wouldnt even have cared to ask for help from people here and just went on with our application for a visa to go to Univ Studios. 

No one is judging you here. We are all responding to your posts and to the different reasons you have for getting to the US and your professions as stated on the various ds160. 

Bottom line.. you know what to do. Apply and list the true "purpose of visit' on the ds160 and find out. We can't help you with the reasons or your profession; you know those better than anyone here. You only have to convince the CO. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

19 minutes ago, WeGuyGal said:

No one is judging you here. We are all responding to your posts and to the different reasons you have for getting to the US and your professions as stated on the various ds160. 

Bottom line.. you know what to do. Apply and list the true "purpose of visit' on the ds160 and find out. We can't help you with the reasons or your profession; you know those better than anyone here. You only have to convince the CO. 

Exactly.  You came here asking for help.  Expect even more judgement and scrutiny from the CO of USEM than you got here.  It isn't a case of unfair vs. fair: it is carrying out the law as it pertains to evaluating applications for visitor visas to the US.  And it is easy to see the rationale behind the scrutiny, if you examine history.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 hours ago, SINDY33 said:

• Just apply with true info and see if you get rejected or accepted. It may be slim chance but if you do not apply, you won't know for sure.
    • In case you get rejected and no way to arrange some relative to be with your mother in her return. Utilize the airline service assistance, they will be able to provide wheelchair + assistants who can help her from US to her final destination. She will be scared a little bit but it will be fine. 
  • When my sister-in-law got pregnant, her mother (who had no job, did not own property, from Vietnam a developing country) applied for tourist visa to take care of her. When she was in the interview, she answered honestly that she would be in US to take care of her daughter and her daughter and my brother would pay the her travel expenses. She got accepted and she has been in US several times since that interview. 
Edited by RTLE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.