SINDY33

4 times denied a US VISA

84 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

Apply and be honest and hope for the best.  That is all you can do.  Sorry about the death of your niece and your Mom's illness.  It must be difficult to be so far away and not able to get a visa to go be with them, I hope you are approved.  Your biggest challenge to overcome, most likely the reasons for your previous denials, is that you have many family members in the US--mother, sister, uncle...  maybe others.  These are all strong ties to the US and they are on your visa application, nothing you can do about that but be honest, and unfortunately, those strong ties to the US are viewed as high immigrant intent.  It would be so easy for you to just stay with your Mom or sister and not leave.  It happens so often, that is the reason for your denials and it's not going to change with this visa application.  Give it a try and find out.  Good luck and sorry about your loss.

Thank you so much Carmel34. I think your analysis on my situation is the most sensible one, well at least for me because i think you carefully read and tried to understand my confusing way of expressing what i needed to say..

my apologies to the others. No offense meant.

Thank you also Carmel34 for your sympathy. Yes i will still give it a try. I will  lose $480 dollars for our app fee ( 3 of us) if we get denied. But if luck would be on our side, i would be be very grateful and promise to come home and not over stay. 

16 minutes ago, Cryssiekins said:

@SINDY33 First, my condolences on your loss.

An Officer adjudicating your visa application will review it without giving you the benefit of the doubt.  They will start with the assumption that you will misuse the visa and stay in the US.  

From your post here, which I know is more a conscious stream of thought is a little all over the place (support for your sister, helping your mother, taking your son for a grad trip), which is probably why most of us think you would be unsuccessful.  Your ties to the US seem stronger than to your home country.  Even if you honestly just want to go to support your sister and accompany your mom, a US visa is not a right for anyone.  It’s tough. 

I hope you can make alternate arrangements - perhaps have your sister and mom come to you.  Your sister will have support during an unimaginable tragedy, and your mom will have someone to help her out on the long plane ride.  

Best of luck if you do apply again. 

Thank you for your condolences. 

Yes, after reading my very first post again this afternoon, i realized it was all over the place. Very confusing and wrongly worded. But thank you that you took time to read my other comments, thats why you understood me better. 

My sister cannot come to me with our mom soon bec she’s still mourning and also she has another daughter studying. She drives her to school.  My mom cannot travel alone and unfortunately will not travel without anyone of her children because shes also suffering from high blood pressure. shes afraid if not accompanied by any of us. 

Again, thank you. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, SINDY33 said:

I have a physical stall located in one of the malls in Manila. The only thing is that, every stall there is under monthly contract and not yearly. But i have a BIR and DTI registration. 

If being employed is the only strong tie, then i would be lying if i say i am working. But i dont want to do that. 

About my son, yeah you have a point there. I dont know what to tell them in order for them to believe i will come home because i will really come back. life here is better. Modesty aside, (and out of frustration) i just want to say this, my husband provides well for us. I am used to having house helpers and a driver to make life easier. I cant do that in the US. I like my lifestyle here in my own country. 

I think you should apply with your husband as a family. Maybe this will lend more credibility since he has a well established job

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

sorry if I cannot be more helpful,

but there is also a universal studio in Singapore and Filipinos do not need a visa for Singapore.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, aaron2020 said:

The way you are presenting yourself makes you look desperate to come to the US.

Apply by myself or with entire family to go 1) niece's funeral, 2) bring mom home, and 3) graduation trip for son.  It's like a shotgun.  You trying to hit everything and anything so you can get a visitor visa.  Americans sees this very differently than Asians.  Where Asians sees covering all bases, Americans sees desperation.  

Apply with the real purpose of your travel. Attend niece's funeral and take mom home.  Apply for whoever intends to go because they want to come rather than try to stage applying by yourself or with your family.  By trying too hard, you come off as desperate to come to the US which is never good for a visitor visa interview.  

Best of luck

i couldn't agree more 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Wonder if Mother's Insurer would help with costs of moving, must be in their interests, even an Air Ambulance would be cheap compared to the ongoing treatment costs.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Wonder if Mother's Insurer would help with costs of moving, must be in their interests, even an Air Ambulance would be cheap compared to the ongoing treatment costs.

Insurance is not going to pay for that.  

Timeline
3 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

Insurance is not going to pay for that.  

No harm in asking, after all cancer treatment can cost millions.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

you have to show that you have a lot of money in your bank in order to get a Tourist visa.  you have to show them that you have a reason to come back to the Philippines

CR1 NEBRASKA

I-130 SENT-3/26/18

I-130 RECEIVED-3/28/18

NOA1-4/2/18

NOA2-1/26/19

RECEIVED NOA2 IN MAIL-2/2/19

NVC RECEIVED PETITION-2/12/19

RECEIVED CASE AND INVOICE # FROM NVC-3/20/19

SUMMITED ALL DOCUMENTS-3/30/19

CASE COMPLETE-4/12/19

INTERVIEW LETTER-4/20/19

INTERVIEW-5/23/19 (Did not get Approved)

Second Interview-7/12/19 (Approved)

event.png

event.png

yum 006.JPG

Lots of money is no guarantee of a visa. Money can be moved/withdrawn with ease, and thus not a very strong tie.  Helps to be financially stable, don't get me wrong.

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Timeline
1 minute ago, SusieQQQ said:

Maybe it’s jist the religion and culture I was brought up in, but I’ve been reading this thread for pages and still can’t wrap my head around the thought of piggybacking a universal trip onto a funeral. It seems distasteful and disrespectful. I wonder what an immigration officer would think on being told the reason for visit is “funeral, very sick parent, theme park visit”. If a visa is granted it will be multiple entry, personally I’d go on my own to fetch mom, and take son another time for a fun-filled vacation. I realize this is not what was being asked and I’ll probably get flamed, but so be it.

You are not the only one, there are a few other comments I could not get my head around.

30 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Maybe it’s jist the religion and culture I was brought up in, but I’ve been reading this thread for pages and still can’t wrap my head around the thought of piggybacking a universal trip onto a funeral. It seems distasteful and disrespectful. I wonder what an immigration officer would think on being told the reason for visit is “funeral, very sick parent, theme park visit”. If a visa is granted it will be multiple entry, personally I’d go on my own to fetch mom, and take son another time for a fun-filled vacation. I realize this is not what was being asked and I’ll probably get flamed, but so be it.

One word jumps out from OPs posts.. desperation (to get a US visa)

I've heard of 'visa shopping' or 'consulate shopping', the original post seems to be 'reason shopping'. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

10 hours ago, SINDY33 said:

I know right... its so frustrating because In all honesty i will come back. But just because i have no job, they would think i wont come back? Dont they even consider that perhaps i already have a good life here? That i just truly want to go to US for a short period of time? It seems so unfair because they granted visas to people who never came back. These people have good paying jobs here in Manila.  Their judgement is not fair. But what can i do? They are the authority.  They make or break us. 

Their "judgement" may feel unfair, but it is clearly rooted in past behavior by people of your country, and others.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.