LighthouseJ

Getting multiple K1's for the same girl?? (merged)

70 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, LighthouseJ said:

If she got a worker visa, would it be fair to say that a tourist visa is easier or more difficult to obtain?

As with most things, “it depends”. If she abided by all rules and applied for a tourist visa a year or two down the line, probably easier to obtain.

If she applies for a tourist visa soon after returning home, this raises questions about intent in why she wants to return to the US so soon, very likely leading to questions such as “do you have a boyfriend in the US?” Probably makes proof of ties to home even more important than it would usually be.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Related question from Op about considering lady friend for K1 to add more context to this thread. 3rd party country was recommend by others there too.

For visitor's visa though, nobody can really tell whether she will get it or not. The only sure way to know is to apply and find out. The applicant will just have to show strong ties to her country and be convincing that she'll return. Assurances from family and friends in the US will not make a difference in CO's decision. 

1 hour ago, nastra30 said:

Related question from Op about considering lady friend for K1 to add more context to this thread. 3rd party country was recommend by others there too.

Lol looks like OP is looking for some loopholes in the system and want to bring this girl to the US without bothering with proper visa.  Sounds like they both don't mind lying either. 

Dude, realistically there is small to no chance of her receiving a b2 visa.  Go meet somewhere else. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Dont you just hate when folks look for shortcuts to the visa system.

If she's a romantic interest, get her a fiance visa rather than playing around looking for B2 loopholes. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Taiwan is a good place to meet.  US citizens don't need a visa.......not sure about mainland Chinese citizens.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, NikLR said:

It doesnt hurt for her to try for a B visa.  Worst csse is she's denied and you have a plan B.  On a side note, I'd never marry someone who refused to visit my country. 

Same.  It'd be like insulting my roots/entire culture.  And then there's the whole "never get to spend holidays/special events together with the other spouse's family".

Hopefully OP doesn't mean he'll NEVER visit her home country...like never EVER...because that'd really suck on a lot of levels for his intended wife.

Edited by Going through

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm curious as to "why" the OP can't go to China, said they don't want to "go into it"... perhaps something barring him from obtaining a Chinese visa?

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

I'm curious as to "why" the OP can't go to China, said they don't want to "go into it"... perhaps something barring him from obtaining a Chinese visa?

It may be a personal choice.  I know my dad has strong feelings about not visiting one specific country and he was so mad when I booked a trip there.  No reason for his dislike of them at all.

Edited by Cryssiekins

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Cryssiekins said:

It may be a personal choice.  I know my dad has strong feelings about not visiting one specific country and he was so mad when I booked a trip there.  No reason for his dislike of them at all.

True, I was wondering more if it was an actual inability to obtain it like criminal history or something perhaps. We probably will never know though.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Maybe Mods could merge this thread and the guys other thread? Seems like the discussion is almost the same. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
14 hours ago, Mr. Data said:

Why are you so dead set against visiting China, if I may ask. 

Yes, this is what I want to know. I don't have an interest in going to China, BUT I sure as heck would if my partner was from there (along with all her relatives). 

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

1 hour ago, Going through said:

Same.  It'd be like insulting my roots/entire culture.  And then there's the whole "never get to spend holidays/special events together with the other spouse's family".

Hopefully OP doesn't mean he'll NEVER visit her home country...like never EVER...because that'd really suck on a lot of levels for his intended wife.

Agree 100% 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
4 hours ago, carmel34 said:

This thread and OP's previous one capture some of the frustration with cross-border romances at the early stage--they are interested in pursuing a relationship to see if they might be compatible, they want to live together for a time, but they are not yet ready to be engaged or to get married.  Unfortunately, there is no visa for this purpose, that is the reality of the system.  So you have to figure out something else.  Many of us here on VJ who are in this journey have figured out a way.  I have been to Brazil 7 times to spend time with my now husband.  The first few visits were to spend time together, to see if we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together, then later to get engaged, then eventually marry in Brazil.  Now we're at the NVC stage of the CR-1 process, and are meeting in London in four days to be together for ten days in Europe.  He hasn't even tried to get a tourist visa to visit me here in the US because chances are high that he would be denied.  So we spend time together outside the US and wait for the process to be finished so we can finally live together.  There's really no other way unfortunately.  Trust me, we would have loved to try living together for six months or a year here in the US before we decided to get married, but there is no visa for that.  OP, your girlfriend should apply for a tourist visa and be honest about her purpose for it.  Chances are she will be denied because of her love interest in the US, and the short time that she has been in China before applying for another visa to go back to the US.  If she gets another visa, great, she will have a month or two to spend with you, but be prepared to figure something else out, as many of us have done and made it work.  Good luck!

Thanks for sharing your story. I think it is representative of many journeys of the people here on Visa Journey. You are exactly 5 years behind the journey of me and my wife. I visited her 12 times in Colombia and Panama before marrying her in Colombia.  Then we filed the CR-1 and she arrived here almost 4 years ago. Good luck to you, too.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.