21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
11 minutes ago, NearEthereal said:

Alright, I don't want to sound too  sure because every case is different, but this sounds a lot like my case (And you can look into my previous posts to see my adventure in anxiety). Keeping the passport is a great sign 9 out of 10 times.

We started out in Immigrant, and moved to non -immigrant Ready, then Admin Processing in about 5 business days. About 10 business days after that (Christmas and New Year thrown in for extra waiting) we were issued. It sounds like you may be looking into something similar. Normally they would not keep the passport if they didn't think this would be quick and eventually end in an issue. \

As an aside, you want to redact that screenshot and blank out your case #. It's identifying information.

Oh yeh, good call. 

You can tell I'm super new at this. I'm trying to figure out how to remove the screenshot now. 

And thank you for the info! I know that no two cases are the same, but you've still given us some hope!

{Mod action}

One post edited to remove image containing personal information. Be be careful posting information on here. This is a public forum.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
3 hours ago, Pooley said:

My fiance has two adult cautions on his record, the last one being considered a CIMT crime, so this is what I'm worried about as well. 

Well you're already doing better than I was by being active in the VJ forums! With the advise on here, you should hopefully be fine. 

I will update this post when we hear more. 

Good luck to you!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Allie&Andrew said:

Well you're already doing better than I was by being active in the VJ forums! With the advise on here, you should hopefully be fine. 

I will update this post when we hear more. 

Good luck to you!

I'm so glad I found this website. Everyone here is amazing with their help!

Timeline

Hi everyone!

I can't believe I am able to type these words but my case status has changed to 'Issued'!!!

After all the dang fuss I made... I'm slightly embarrassed I was so worried, but I think it's only natural. 

Thanks VJ posters for all your help and/or encouragement!

This community really is something special. 

-Allie & Andrew

image.png

Edited by Allie&Andrew

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.