EnglishLove

After NOA2

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Pooley said:

I've been calling first thing in the mornings and finally received the case number but they said they literally just opened it. Should I add that to my timeline or wait for a notice? Also, I already filled out the DS-160 not realizing I needed to wait. Is this going to be a problem?

Sure you can update your timeline now. I don’t think you’ll receive a written notice from the NVC with the case number until they send it to the embassy.

I think it’s fine that you already started the ds-160, but i believe you needed the case number to finish it.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Kdunn said:

Sure you can update your timeline now. I don’t think you’ll receive a written notice from the NVC with the case number until they send it to the embassy.

I think it’s fine that you already started the ds-160, but i believe you needed the case number to finish it.

It asked for receipt number or case number. I used the receipt number and it let me finish it. But the gal on the phone gave me an invoice ID number and said I'll need it for the DS-160 but I already have the confirmation number from the DS-160

Timeline
19 hours ago, Pooley said:

It asked for receipt number or case number. I used the receipt number and it let me finish it. But the gal on the phone gave me an invoice ID number and said I'll need it for the DS-160 but I already have the confirmation number from the DS-160

I didn’t fill out the DS-160, my fiancée did, but i don’t think she needed the invoice number for anything. I thought you needed your case number for the DS-160 but i guess not. Maybe someone else can help on that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.