sdjk

Clarification needed on Egypt P3 process

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I’m wondering how the P3 works in Egypt. Once documents are sent and received by the embassy via Aramex, do we have to wait 3 weeks to schedule the interview or can we schedule the interview right away, just minimum 3 weeks out? 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
12 hours ago, sdjk said:

I’m wondering how the P3 works in Egypt. Once documents are sent and received by the embassy via Aramex, do we have to wait 3 weeks to schedule the interview or can we schedule the interview right away, just minimum 3 weeks out? 

are you asking about this in the event that you are not granted the K1 visa?

I am sure you are aware of the requirements for this type of visa but let me outline them below.

P3 Visa Requirements

To be eligible for the P3 visa, you must be coming to the U.S. to perform, teach, or coach in a specific field such as a unique or traditional ethnic, cultural, musical, folk, artistic, or theatrical performance or presentation. You must prove that:

You are coming to the U.S. to develop, understand, promote or facilitate a culturally unique art form

You perform essential support services for a P3 artist or entertainer, which cannot be performed by U.S. workers

You have the appropriate qualifications, knowledge and experience in providing support services to artists and entertainers

You are being sponsored by a cultural, educational, or governmental organization

You have achieved national or international recognition or acclaim in the culturally unique program you shall perform

you do not have to wait you can schedule the interview right away

Step by step instructions can be found here.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/eg/eg-niv-typework.asp

FYI the likely hood that you will be approved for a P3 after they discover you have a pending K1 is not likely.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

are you asking about this in the event that you are not granted the K1 visa?

I am sure you are aware of the requirements for this type of visa but let me outline them below.

P3 Visa Requirements

To be eligible for the P3 visa, you must be coming to the U.S. to perform, teach, or coach in a specific field such as a unique or traditional ethnic, cultural, musical, folk, artistic, or theatrical performance or presentation. You must prove that:

You are coming to the U.S. to develop, understand, promote or facilitate a culturally unique art form

You perform essential support services for a P3 artist or entertainer, which cannot be performed by U.S. workers

You have the appropriate qualifications, knowledge and experience in providing support services to artists and entertainers

You are being sponsored by a cultural, educational, or governmental organization

You have achieved national or international recognition or acclaim in the culturally unique program you shall perform

you do not have to wait you can schedule the interview right away

Step by step instructions can be found here.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/eg/eg-niv-typework.asp

FYI the likely hood that you will be approved for a P3 after they discover you have a pending K1 is not likely.

No. P3 letter is for the K1 visa. I’m 

not trying for anything but the K1.

Edited by sdjk

Timeline
4 minutes ago, sdjk said:

No. P3 letter is for the K1 visa. I’m 

not trying for anything but the K1.

so your referring to Packet 3?

since there is in fact a P3 visa, clarification next time would be essential.

There is still no wait as soon as you send the documents and there is an open date you can schedule the interview.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

so your referring to Packet 3?

since there is in fact a P3 visa, clarification next time would be essential.

There is still no wait as soon as you send the documents and there is an open date you can schedule the interview.

My fault- I actually didn’t even know there was a p3 visa. Thank you for your response!

Khallaf- can I ask if your knowledge is specifically for the Cairo embassy?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, sdjk said:

My fault- I actually didn’t even know there was a p3 visa. Thank you for your response!

Khallaf- can I ask if your knowledge is specifically for the Cairo embassy?

I know many things about immigration process, my husband came from Egypt arrived in USA in Feb of this year, his interview was in Cairo.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

I know many things about immigration process, my husband came from Egypt arrived in USA in Feb of this year, his interview was in Cairo.

Oh thank goodness. Thank you so much. 

Timeline
22 hours ago, sdjk said:

FYI:

The embassy in Cairo advises to have the medical exam 3 weeks prior to the interview date.  My fiancé tried to schedule his medical exam, but the doctor’s office told him that he can’t schedule it until he has sent in all of the paperwork to the embassy.  Does that sound right?  I don’t see why he can’t schedule the appointment now.  We are working on getting all of the documents to send to the embassy.

Filed: Timeline
29 minutes ago, virgie6810 said:

FYI:

The embassy in Cairo advises to have the medical exam 3 weeks prior to the interview date.  My fiancé tried to schedule his medical exam, but the doctor’s office told him that he can’t schedule it until he has sent in all of the paperwork to the embassy.  Does that sound right?  I don’t see why he can’t schedule the appointment now.  We are working on getting all of the documents to send to the embassy.

what paper work he has to sent to the embassy? it should be the other way around !!

Timeline
40 minutes ago, sheksahim said:

what paper work he has to sent to the embassy? it should be the other way around !!

He hasn’t sent anything yet; we got an email from the embassy telling us what documents to send.  So my fiancé is getting them together (police certificate, birth certificate, passport-type photos, etc.)

Timeline
1 hour ago, virgie6810 said:

FYI:

Yes we are aware of this. 

56 minutes ago, sheksahim said:

It’s a variety of things that have to be sent to the embassy from packet 3. Egypt does things a little different than other countries .

Filed: Timeline
1 minute ago, sdjk said:

Yes we are aware of this. 

It’s a variety of things that have to be sent to the embassy from packet 3. Egypt does things a little different than other countries .

I always thought that you should prepare all this paperwork to take it with you to the interview. Its the first time I hear that you send it to the embassy. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, sheksahim said:

I always thought that you should prepare all this paperwork to take it with you to the interview. Its the first time I hear that you send it to the embassy. 

Nope. And in fact, you can’t schedule your interview until you have the tracking number from sending in the documents.

Timeline
1 hour ago, sheksahim said:

OMG , My fiance from Egypt and I thought all we needed to do is file DS 160 and schedule the Medical Exam. 

No! Have you gotten your NOA2? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.