FaithProfessoR

Going to medical and pregnant.😱

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

So my fiancee just told me that she took a pregnancy test and the result was positive.😬

( I’m telling ya that thing broke on me😂

She will be going to her doctor to confirm the information, if the doctor says that this information is correct that she is pregnant. 

Should I the US petitioner must write a letter to the medical officer and the consular officer that I knowledge that is my child? To avoid any delays

Or something else is required? Anyone has gone thru this experience before? 

Currently we are waiting for the NVC number that no doubt we will get it by this week or the next one.

Thank You😬 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

No reason I can think of but may be a not bad idea for you to acknowledge the situation.

I do recollect seeing on VJ that there have been a few posters who did not know and shall we say the dates did not match.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
19 minutes ago, FaithProfessoR said:

So my fiancee just told me that she took a pregnancy test and the result was positive.😬

She will be going to her doctor to confirm the information, if the doctor says that this information is correct that she is pregnant. 

Should I the US petitioner must write a letter to the medical officer and the consular officer that I knowledge that is my child? To avoid any delays

Currently we are waiting for the NVC number that no doubt we will get it by this week or the next one.

Thank You😬 

The pregnancy is not an issue for immigration so there's no need for you to write a letter.  She will need to disclose it of course when she has her medical exam, and that will be something they likely will look at during her interview when they consider your affidavit of support and the medical expenses necessary for her to give birth in the US.  If you're well above the income guidelines you should be fine.

24 minutes ago, FaithProfessoR said:

Thank You😬 

Congratulations. What will be your new timeline? Will she possibly be in the US when she gives birth or are you planning on waiting for birth in Columbia? The answers to the questions will bring up different answers then what has already been supplied by others.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
12 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

The pregnancy is not an issue for immigration so there's no need for you to write a letter.  She will need to disclose it of course when she has her medical exam, and that will be something they likely will look at during her interview when they consider your affidavit of support and the medical expenses necessary for her to give birth in the US.  If you're well above the income guidelines you should be fine.

Noted. Thankfully I got a good Job. That will not be a problem. Of course the never lie rule is very important💪🏻.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Boiler said:

No reason I can think of but may be a not bad idea for you to acknowledge the situation.

I do recollect seeing on VJ that there have been a few posters who did not know and shall we say the dates did not match.

So in other words. Good to have the letter just in case.

Edited by FaithProfessoR

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Congratulations. What will be your new timeline? Will she possibly be in the US when she gives birth or are you planning on waiting for birth in Columbia? The answers to the questions will bring up different answers then what has already been supplied by others.

Seeing how thing are going she could be here around May-Ago between that time frame I believe ( if nothing delays our process). If the test comes positive then her due date will be on DEC/2019. 

Thank You! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, FaithProfessoR said:

Noted. Thankfully I got a good Job. That will not be a problem. Of course the never lie rule is very important💪🏻.

Good for you!  And congratulations on the pregnancy, and with your visa journey!

2 hours ago, FaithProfessoR said:

Seeing how thing are going she could be here around May-Ago between that time frame I believe ( if nothing delays our process). If the test comes positive then her due date will be on DEC/2019. 

Thank You! 

Your NOA2 will state 4 months of validity but it can be extended.  There is less paperwork for a child born in the US to a USC then if you had to do everything needed for the baby to leave mom's country. Good luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Your NOA2 will state 4 months of validity but it can be extended.  There is less paperwork for a child born in the US to a USC then if you had to do everything needed for the baby to leave mom's country. Good luck.

Understand

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Understand

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

If she gives birth before she gets her K-1, then your baby might need to be added to the petition. Or the baby might be born a USA citizen.  Jus sanguis USA citizenship law is mind numbingly complex.  Even if the baby is born a citizen, this affects your required income. 

Hopefully the baby is born after POE. In which case for AOS you still have to earn enough income because now it is 3 people in the household. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Mike E said:

If she gives birth before she gets her K-1, then your baby might need to be added to the petition. Or the baby might be born a USA citizen.  Jus sanguis USA citizenship law is mind numbingly complex.  Even if the baby is born a citizen, this affects your required income. 

Hopefully the baby is born after POE. In which case for AOS you still have to earn enough income because now it is 3 people in the household. 

That what we are hoping too. 

22 hours ago, FaithProfessoR said:

Thank You😬 

It is very important to disclose it because she'll have an X-ray exam and the fetus is very sensitive specially on the first trimester.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.