mikesr

Spouse has Cancer, Disclose?

21 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Boiler said:

My family experience with Cancer suggests that assuming care would be limited to a few check ups is optimistic and does not deal with any other medical issues anyway.

She will be asked about her medical history at the Medical, not a form filling question, she should take her records, I know what they require at my Consulate but not at whichever one is yours.

Also begs the Residency question which also varies by Consulate.

Insurance would be an end goal, but it sounds like I can't get that done while I'm over here.

She should take what records specifically to where?  Do you mean records of vaccinations and such to the Medical?  Does your consulate require lifelong medical records like a national public health care database? 

What is the residency question?  If you mean domicile, I'm comfortable with that part.

It seems some of the older threads here may have answers to some of the financial questions. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It has changed since I did mine, was not a central data base back then as there is now, but I do remember being asked for any Hospital stays etc.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
3 hours ago, mikesr said:

Insurance would be an end goal, but it sounds like I can't get that done while I'm over here.

She should take what records specifically to where?  Do you mean records of vaccinations and such to the Medical?  Does your consulate require lifelong medical records like a national public health care database? 

What is the residency question?  If you mean domicile, I'm comfortable with that part.

It seems some of the older threads here may have answers to some of the financial questions. 

• If she is asked during her medical exam, then disclose it.  Cho Ray or IOM may not ask her if she gets cancer. My wife had very basic check-up for her medical exam.
  • She may bring her medical record to the exam just in case they ask for.
  • No, the consulate does not require any medical record other than the one from the medical exam :Cho Ray's or IOM's.

Keep in mind that the follow up care for cancer in the US can be very spendy.  Drugs, imaging, physician visits etc are very expensive.  I would not even consider moving here unless I had an excellent employer-based insurance, especially if you don't have cash for the charges not covered by a cheap plan.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
9 hours ago, PandT said:

Correct, if it's employer-based through your job, however, I was turned down due to the pre-existing condition in the state I applied in.

For what and when?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.