Aska

K1 Visa Interview - case returned to NVC

130 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 hours ago, Luigina said:

Unfortunately the CO of your country sends the case to NVC and lets him expire his case is valid since his approval in immigration. The same thing happened to me. In November I had the interview and my case was returned to immigration and this April I get this letter I share so you have an idea of how it works. It took 5 months to receive an answer from immigration.

received_2442928049050769.jpeg

Hi thanks for sharing!

what is your plan now are you guys planning to marry and applying cr1? Also which embassy?

Timeline
On 4/6/2019 at 1:38 PM, Kashan.01 said:

When k1 cases sent back to NVC it means they are refused. If you wait for anything in reply you'll be wasting your time. 

K1 Visa has validity. It expires. If there were something missing he would have asked you. But there was nothing.  So returning the petition and passport means its refused. 

I've been through same process. They gave me 221g and kept my passport. But after 3.5 months they sent back my case. 

Check your online status at ceac.gov. if there is no refused. Then you might hear back something good. 

And if you love to saying it again n again that consular haven't said its refused or haven't gave you anything in paper then it wont change the facts. 

The fact is when K1 petition is returned and handed back passport means its refused doesn't matter what so ever he said you. 

Thanks. Do you know the reason why they refused your visa.website has no update about my case last update was in November 2018.. 

are you guys planning to marry and applying spouse visa now,?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
On 4/15/2019 at 2:41 PM, Aska said:

Hi thanks for sharing!

what is your plan now are you guys planning to marry and applying cr1? Also which embassy?

Hi. For reasons of time we could not make the wedding. And as in the embassy we received the suggestion to re-enter a new application k1 but this time fulfilling the requirement of two immediate years of sight in person and we did so. No luck what we find. This has been extremely draining and sometimes discouraging. IN Ecuador
Edited by Luigina

Timeline
13 hours ago, Luigina said:

Hi. For reasons of time we could not make the wedding. And as in the embassy we received the suggestion to re-enter a new application k1 but this time fulfilling the requirement of two immediate years of sight in person and we did so. No luck what we find. This has been extremely draining and sometimes discouraging. IN Ecuador

Did you get refused again? Or still waiting for an answer?

Timeline
16 hours ago, Aska said:

Did you get refused again? Or still waiting for an answer?

waiting for an answer The good thing was that they told me why I could not be accepted the first time. So this has corrected the error.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Luigina said:

waiting for an answer The good thing was that they told me why I could not be accepted the first time. So this has corrected the error.

We corrected the error the first time. It was not having seen us in person the two years immediately after entering the application. This second time we did it immediately. We have a son together who is already an American citizen. So what they want is a relationship of good faith.

Timeline
9 hours ago, Luigina said:

We corrected the error the first time. It was not having seen us in person the two years immediately after entering the application. This second time we did it immediately. We have a son together who is already an American citizen. So what they want is a relationship of good faith.

That’s great.. almost a month has passed since my interview and I’ve heard nothing from the embassy.. the wait is so exhausting.. we are planning to withdraw k1 and get married next month to file CR1..

Timeline
14 hours ago, Aska said:

That’s great.. almost a month has passed since my interview and I’ve heard nothing from the embassy.. the wait is so exhausting.. we are planning to withdraw k1 and get married next month to file CR1..

Did they give you the reason why they denied you a visa? Your approval that you made is valid only four months. We receive news when our application expires in five months

Timeline
5 hours ago, Luigina said:

Did they give you the reason why they denied you a visa? Your approval that you made is valid only four months. We receive news when our application expires in five months

My approval expires on 5th may 2019.. I didn’t receive any letter after my interview that why my case is being sent back to NVC they left us guessing and in extreme misery.. anyway we are planning to get married now and applying CR1 soon we shall withdraw the petition..

Timeline
On 19/4/2019 at 6:06, Aska said:

Eso es genial ... casi ha pasado un mes desde mi entrevista y no he escuchado nada de la embajada ... la espera es tan agotadora ... estamos planeando retirar k1 y casarnos el próximo mes para presentar el CR1 ...

if it is preferable to let the previous approval expire to enter the other one. I wish you the best this time everything turns out well!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 4/5/2019 at 3:39 AM, Aska said:

I had an interview with US embassy on 3rd April 2019 in Islamabad . VO asked me questions about our relationship - my fiance has visited me for about 9 times in past 1 year from Newyork, our relationship is authentic. But the VO said he’s returning the case to NVC for future review. What does this mean? And how much time can this take? He returned my passport and didn’t hand me over any paper stating a reason for not approving my petition - he kept my medical and my fiancés tax returns with him. 

I am worried about the timeline as I have already resigned ftom my job!!

Same exact thing happened to my fiancee. Nothing was told nothing was given and all it was lies upon lies.

I am planning cr1 now.

When I inquired with USCIS, this is a reply that I got:

Since the I-129F petition has been returned to the USCIS, all action on this petition is concluded and the petition will not be revalidated. 

For I-129F Consular return cases where the K-1 visa was not issued, the USCIS may not be issuing any further notification about the case to the petitioner. In this instance, the petitioner may choose to file a new Form I-129F, Petition for an Alien Fiancé(e), with fee.
We hope this information is helpful to you. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Imej said:

Same exact thing happened to my fiancee. Nothing was told nothing was given and all it was lies upon lies.

I am planning cr1 now.

When I inquired with USCIS, this is a reply that I got:

Since the I-129F petition has been returned to the USCIS, all action on this petition is concluded and the petition will not be revalidated. 

For I-129F Consular return cases where the K-1 visa was not issued, the USCIS may not be issuing any further notification about the case to the petitioner. In this instance, the petitioner may choose to file a new Form I-129F, Petition for an Alien Fiancé(e), with fee.
We hope this information is helpful to you. 

Recent update on my case is My Fiance called NVC and inquired about the status.. NVC told him that your case isn’t back yet to NVC and is under processing in Islamabad. My interview was on 3rd April.. almost 5 weeks now and case isn’t back to NVC means they might be reviewing it on embassy level? 

How much time does it take for embassy to transfer the case from embassy to NVC? Any idea??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Aska said:

Recent update on my case is My Fiance called NVC and inquired about the status.. NVC told him that your case isn’t back yet to NVC and is under processing in Islamabad. My interview was on 3rd April.. almost 5 weeks now and case isn’t back to NVC means they might be reviewing it on embassy level? 

How much time does it take for embassy to transfer the case from embassy to NVC? Any idea??

the embassy is not reviewing anything at the moment. They told you that they are sending it back to NVC.

The delay is only of the document being moved from the embassy back to USCIS. Through NVC

About month-and-a-half, USCIS received my file and they said they're going to review it and all that #######. But after four months when I inquired, they gave me that above Response

The NVC will not review your case neither, the day they will receive it, they will forward it to USCIS in a day or two.

Edited by Imej

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.